2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sergej
Sergej

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

not sure this trimmed rear wing is the right one, S2 is not good and deg seems bad

anyway it'll be impossible to win, maybe a podium is on the cards

Cassius
Cassius

Massive deg . Max will be lucky to get a p3. Mclaren has still 2 hards and are just faster.

This will be a very long season for Max.

Bill
Bill

they should put a little downforce to mitigate that

Sergej
Sergej

we will have to accept McLaren is the fastest everywhere now

let's hope for a podium, cannot see anything more

Bill
Bill

redbull are the only top team without a modern wing tunnell i wonder if the decision to delay that is starting to hurt them.everyone looks to redbull for design solutions why they are falling back.

organic

It's not deg but graining with the new asphalt. Rb20 has suffered with it far more than McLaren all season. Don't expect a good weekend anymore

Paa

Bill wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 18:38
redbull are the only top team without a modern wing tunnell i wonder if the decision to delay that is starting to hurt them.everyone looks to redbull for design solutions why they are falling back.
Maybe, but I wouldn't go that far.
I think it is simply not having the same development time as others, having it's toll.
People tend to downplay this, but McLaren have like ~50% more WT&CFD time. I haven't bothered to check the exact numbers, but it's in this ballpark. It has to have an effect.

If McLaren got 0 from now on, it would take RedBull until 2026 to catch up with the WT time. This is crazy if you think about it. McLaren is like 1.5 years of WT time ahead.

Bill
Bill

with all teams having agreed to budget cap it does not make sense to limit their development artificially .banning testing too,all teams should win on merit not by handicapping others.

Dunlay
Dunlay

It's a moot point to blame the wind tunnel time. Usually in every regulations, performances converge over time. Only in the previous regulations, Mercedes had an iron grip with the engines until Honda emerged as a challenger. With power units having converged now, it's all about marginal gains. Every team would have some grey area exploited to gain upper hand and as FIA gets information, they keep closing it and the advantage disappears. Red Bull were lucky that Mercedes fluffed these regulations and Ferrari got screwed with TD039. Red Bull had a good run so far and now others are catching up.

I doubt if Red Bull has any greater ideas that can put them back to RB18, RB19 or early RB20 levels of performance advantage. Their last couple of upgrades haven't delivered what they were looking for and stagnated them while McLaren has made progress. You can't blame wind tunnel time for that.

Bill
Bill

you cant blame windtunnel time but its effects are clear to see.the bottomline is the rules are not the same for all players and that's not fair game.they is no logical reason thats say someone should be given more time because they done a lousy jop.teams were naive to agree to these.if redbull have unlimited time they will try some risky design choices.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Bill wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 19:22
you cant blame windtunnel time but its effects are clear to see.the bottomline is the rules are not the same for all players and that's not fair game.they is no logical reason thats say someone should be given more time because they done a lousy jop.teams were naive to agree to these.if redbull have unlimited time they will try some risky design choices.
RB issue is not wind tunnel time, but losing Adrian Newey.

Vettel165

I have to accept that we are the second
best team on the grid now. Its a miracle by now that Max is leading the WDC by more than 75 points. We really need to see more of his magic, until the car will get better. The summer break cant come soon enough...

Verstappen should just take it easy bringing that third or maybe second place home in the next races. Damage limitation started already in Miami. We are expecting a really tough end of the season. Cmon, lets do it. [-o<

Last edited by Vettel165 on 26 Jul 2024, 19:50, edited 2 times in total.

Paa

Vettel165 wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 19:35
I have to accept that we are the second
best team on the grid now. Its a miracle by now that Max is leading the WDC by more than 75 points. We really need to see more of his magic, until the car will get better. The summer break cant come soon enough...
I don't expect any major upgrades soon. I feel Hungary one was their big shot for this year. Probably more refinements are coming, but nothing very big. So I expect the same performance until year-end, unless they find some magic setup to dial-out there issues.

Paa

Dunlay wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 19:15
It's a moot point to blame the wind tunnel time. Usually in every regulations, performances converge over time. Only in the previous regulations, Mercedes had an iron grip with the engines until Honda emerged as a challenger. With power units having converged now, it's all about marginal gains. Every team would have some grey area exploited to gain upper hand and as FIA gets information, they keep closing it and the advantage disappears. Red Bull were lucky that Mercedes fluffed these regulations and Ferrari got screwed with TD039. Red Bull had a good run so far and now others are catching up.

I doubt if Red Bull has any greater ideas that can put them back to RB18, RB19 or early RB20 levels of performance advantage. Their last couple of upgrades haven't delivered what they were looking for and stagnated them while McLaren has made progress. You can't blame wind tunnel time for that.
It is not an excuse, just a (part) explanation.
You can not suggest, that WT time, has no effect at all.

PlatinumZealot

I think Spa will be where the championship, which is max's to lose, starts slipping away.

Drivers and team need to be perfect from now on.
Last edited by PlatinumZealot on 26 Jul 2024, 20:46, edited 1 time in total.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN