2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

PlatinumZealot wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 20:45
I think race will be where the championship which is max's to lose, starts slipping away.
Indeed unfortunately. Red Bull will now be relying on Oscar taking points from Lando and/or dnfs

f1isgood
f1isgood

Does somebody know how these cars have gained so much in one-lap time yet race pace wise the RB19 still seems to basically compete with these cars. I am going through multiple telemetries of the past few races. RB20 is basically slower over a stint with worse deg. Unsure how much of this issue is also coming from the tires, which if I am not mistaken didn't change from last year to this year as well. I do recall a compound strengthening at some point last year but yeah. 2025 will be interesting.

Sergej
Sergej

It will be quite shocking to lose the title with a 3-win point lead at mid season.

f1isgood
f1isgood

Sergej wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 21:08
It will be quite shocking to lose the title with a 3-win point lead at mid season.
I mean it would be on paper but not in reality. McL seem to be getting their sh*t together.

Also on another note the Miami rumors might be true. In races prior, I see a clearly better RB20 compared to the RB19 in race trim.

From Miami the picture becomes iffy overall in race pace, or maybe earlier. It's so hard to judge. Somehow race pace is not convincing compared to RB19 even.

Sergej
Sergej

I mean it's entirely possible, McLaren will be fastest everywhere and they can start 1-2ing every race

I just find it shocking all things considered:
-massive pace advantage in the first races
-new concept car with, as told by them, more room of improvement
-75+ points lead at mid season

such a massive overturn in the championship, I think it never happened in F1 history.
Last edited by Sergej on 26 Jul 2024, 23:04, edited 1 time in total.

Alexf1
Alexf1

Paa wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 19:46
Vettel165 wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 19:35
I have to accept that we are the second
best team on the grid now. Its a miracle by now that Max is leading the WDC by more than 75 points. We really need to see more of his magic, until the car will get better. The summer break cant come soon enough...
I don't expect any major upgrades soon. I feel Hungary one was their big shot for this year. Probably more refinements are coming, but nothing very big. So I expect the same performance until year-end, unless they find some magic setup to dial-out there issues.
Indeed, some parts of the total upgrade still need to come. https://www.racefans.net/2024/07/20/pre ... eks-early/

“Some part of the package was a plan for after shutdown and the people at the factory were able to push to make some aspect of it, for one car only,”

Rikhart
Rikhart

PlatinumZealot wrote:
I think Spa will be where the championship, which is max's to lose, starts slipping away.

Drivers and team need to be perfect from now on.
How is it Max's to lose, if he has the second or third best car at the moment? His to lose would be if he had a car for victories and made mistakes, it is clearly not the case.

bluechris

Rikhart wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 21:41
PlatinumZealot wrote:
I think Spa will be where the championship, which is max's to lose, starts slipping away.

How is it Max's to lose, if he has the second or third best car at the moment? His to lose would be if he had a car for victories and made mistakes, it is clearly not the case.
He can be smart and grab points and not fight with the championship in mind and not always the win. Many champions did that successfully in the past.

Vettel165

Now we need to see some Alonso style magic as in 2012. But Max has a bigger lead and a better car then he did back then. Remember how Red Bull before the summer break wasnt so good back than, and became dominant only after Singapore.

I think all is possible, hope for the best. I see three things that could happen.

1. Mclaren to become the dominant force, and Max bringing that P3 every race home. The lead drops massively in 5 races and we have a new world champion.

2. A miracle happens after summer break, Red Bull finds the solution with the car and they have the fastest car again. An easy WDC ending by Max.

3. Max brings the WDC home by a few points, too many mistakes by Mclaren early in the season. Mclaren brings the WCC home.

Either way I am already happy what my team did in the last few years and Max. They were really amazing, and I will never forget that joy. Nothing last forever.
Last edited by Vettel165 on 26 Jul 2024, 22:21, edited 4 times in total.

Paa

Yeah, I think Max has a decent chance, as we have seen it during the last 6-8 races that Norris is far from maximizing the car's potential. I would say it's close to 50-50 right now?

But probably the better term to use is it's Lando's to lose as it in his hand now. Max has to expect his mistakes, and there is not much he can do right now if McLaren runs perfectly.
But also Max has to be there and capitalize from their mistakes.

Sergej
Sergej

Amazing how in a few weeks we went from worrying about the WCC to "it's Lando's title to lose".

MYsee
MYsee

I can't see Max losing the WDC unless he gets 2-3 DNFs. Norris, despite having the fastest car since Miami, has only outscored Max twice in the last seven races. Max's consistency and race-craft has been another level over the last 2-3 years. And while I expect Norris to win a few more races, I just don't believe Norris, like Max, has it in him to be dominant over a 5-10 race stretch. Max needs maybe 2 or 3 more wins, and finishing 2-4 for the remaining races, to close this conversation out.

The real concern is the WCC and what happened to the car after Miami. Is there any credence to the rumours the FIA asked them to change an illegal part? Did the team de-tune the engine? Or is the team reached the limitations of this regulations with a concept that has a narrow window of operations compared to the RB19.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Rikhart wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

He has a colossal advantage, and Norris makes a lot of small mistakes here and there.
He just needs to manage, i.e. doing the opposite of what he did last race.

PlatinumZealot

Rikhart wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Piastri's race pace isn't great, so we can give him half of the remaining McLaren races to lead Max. Let's give Lando all of them... So at worst Max is ten points behind Lando in half of those races and maybe 7 points in the other. Then for the RedBull tracks he will win those surely. So on average that 75 point gap is basically his to lose.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

MYsee
MYsee

PlatinumZealot wrote:
27 Jul 2024, 02:50
Rikhart wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Piastri's race pace isn't great, so we can give him half of the remaining McLaren races to lead Max. Let's give Lando all of them... So at worst Max is ten points behind Lando in half of those races and maybe 7 points in the other. Then for the RedBull tracks he will win those surely. So on average that 75 point gap is basically his to lose.
If Lando/Max first 1/2 for the remaining races, Lando would win the WDC by a mere 1 pt.
Last edited by MYsee on 27 Jul 2024, 12:46, edited 1 time in total.