2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Cs98
Cs98

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

kediown wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 19:56
organic wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 19:47
Verstappen expects that the problems of street circuits and slow corners will not be the case with the RB20

A Singapore win???
But can he do it on a hot humid night in Marina Bay?
Yes, but not on a cold rainy night in Stoke.

kediown

Cs98 wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 19:57
kediown wrote:
organic wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 19:47
Verstappen expects that the problems of street circuits and slow corners will not be the case with the RB20

A Singapore win???
Time to sack Verstappen

Cs98
Cs98

Comparing vs last year. Both stints in the heat of day.
Avg 2023. S1(C3): 38,4. S2(C2): 38,4. S3(C1): 37,8.
Avg 2024. S1(C3): 38,6. S2(C2): 38,4. S3(C1): 37,1.
Last edited by Cs98 on 22 Feb 2024, 20:19, edited 2 times in total.

Cs98
Cs98

kediown wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 20:00
Cs98 wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 19:57
kediown wrote:

Time to sack Verstappen
Stoke GP incoming?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

organic wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 20:25
From McLaren team principal Andrea Stella:
McLaren had a small problem with the fuel tank today, but it has been resolved.

In terms of performance, the car is meeting expectations at the moment, nothing negative.

But Stella commented: "There is a car that has made a big step forward. Unfortunately, this is the fastest car from last year."
Discuss

kediown

AR3-GP wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 20:29
organic wrote:

In terms of performance, the car is meeting expectations at the moment, nothing negative.

But Stella commented: "There is a car that has made a big step forward. Unfortunately, this is the fastest car from last year."
Discuss
Nothing to discuss. All clear :lol:

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

kediown wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 20:32
AR3-GP wrote:
organic wrote:

Discuss
Nothing to discuss. All clear :lol:
Point taken :lol:

f1isgood
f1isgood

RB18 was 20 kilograms overweight at the beginning of 2022. Reports in 2023 indicated that the car had removed this excess mass, and added a ballast to suit the drivers. Assuming that 10 kilograms is conservatively 2.5 tenths, 20 kilograms is half a second. Add in the floor regulation change that nullified everyone's gains by supposedly half a second, in pure aerodynamic development (since Honda are only bringing an upgrade this year if I am correct), they gained 1s a lap, in the first year of regulations (comparing Bahrain Q3 to Bahrain Q3). Of course they had much less aero testing time thanks to cost cap penalty and also by being leaders for the time from October 2022 to October 2023.

Given the strict restrictions over the winter in 22/23, I believe the RB19 never got a fair shot at development properly, and once they realized others were uncompetitive, they didn't develop that car much.

I am now beginning to rationalize these laptime speculations. I think it's not unreasonable to expect RB to have gained 1s+ in terms of laptime. I guess 2021 cars will be beaten in multiple tracks with these boats, and that is quite an achievement.

Now I understand better Red Bull's comments of RB19 was a good car, not a great one. Red Bull were at their most vulnerable last year, and got away with it, given the ineptitude of the opposition.

dren

AR3-GP wrote:
organic wrote:

Discuss
I didn't think the VCARB was that big of a step.
Honda!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

The team did still find some weaknesses in the RB19, although our perspective may be different from Max's. Max is obviously a driver and feels things differently, although he has summed it up pretty well as yet," Waché said. He continued: "In 90-degree corners, we didn't prove to be the best team last year, as was evident during qualifying in Baku and Singapore. Those are things we ideally need to improve." Ultimately, for the Frenchman, it's about finding balance: "You can increase the potential of one part, but often that one adjustment also has a big impact on other parts of the car. So we have to be very careful, especially careful not to destroy what we had in terms of strengths with the RB19."
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/259570/f ... reful.html

They’ve tried to improve low speed and 90 degree corners but the other qualities have not been sacrificed.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Verstappen confessed that he saw the first designs of the RB20 late last year. "I had already seen in Abu Dhabi what it would look like for the start of this season.

Curious phrasing. It confirms in a way that the launch spec is temporary.

It also suggest that the launch spec RB20 has been completed since Abu Dhabi last year, but that may be a bit too much between the lines reading…

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/261140/v ... k=onderaan

kediown

🗣️ . Pierre Waché goes into detail about Red Bull's new RB20 this season and confirms that there are already two big improvements planned for Japan, as well as for Imola, speaking to Julien Fébreau. 🛠️

Julian: “Will the car be optimized and still almost visually different (in Japan)? »

Pierre: “A little bit different but the objective is not to be different, it’s to find performance. If we could hide all our developments that would be even better, but no, the objective is to unlock performance and we have this fairly aggressive side from the start of the season to correct the problems we have. »

Julian: “Have you scratched in the areas where you were weakest last year (going over the curbs, corners at low speeds) to improve this RB20? »

Pierre: “Overall, the objective was to improve the overall performance level of the RB19, particularly by focusing on low-speed corners. »

Julian: “At Mercedes, we estimate the Red Bull's lead over the Mercedes at between six tenths and one second, what do you say to that? »

Pierre: “I… I don’t know (laughs). The problem is that we know ourselves very well during the test, we know exactly what level of fuel we put in the car, what level of performance we have on the engine, we know all these aspects. , the others we don't know. I hope what they say is true but I'm not convinced. »

Julian: “All the other teams are watching you and looking at you, and then you move away, you do something else, do you also look at the others? I would particularly like to draw your attention to this new Mercedes spoiler. What do you think of this front spoiler? »

Pierre: “It's interesting. Indeed we look at the others, if we stay in our bubble we don't find other performance steps, so we look at the other solutions and we redevelop them and that's how it works in this business, that's how F1 works. Mercedes' solution is very visible and very interesting, we look at it. »

Julian: “What will make you happy in the Red Bull clan tonight or not? »

Pierre: “That the car turns correctly, that we understand the balance of the vehicle and how we can extract it and that our development plan that we are going to have for Suzuka and race seven (Imola) is in the right direction. »
Translation might have made surprises there, feel free to fix

organic

kediown wrote:
23 Feb 2024, 11:00
🗣️ . Pierre Waché goes into detail about Red Bull's new RB20 this season and confirms that there are already two big improvements planned for Japan, as well as for Imola, speaking to Julien Fébreau. 🛠️

Julian: “Will the car be optimized and still almost visually different (in Japan)? »

Pierre: “A little bit different but the objective is not to be different, it’s to find performance. If we could hide all our developments that would be even better, but no, the objective is to unlock performance and we have this fairly aggressive side from the start of the season to correct the problems we have. »

Julian: “Have you scratched in the areas where you were weakest last year (going over the curbs, corners at low speeds) to improve this RB20? »

Pierre: “Overall, the objective was to improve the overall performance level of the RB19, particularly by focusing on low-speed corners. »

Julian: “At Mercedes, we estimate the Red Bull's lead over the Mercedes at between six tenths and one second, what do you say to that? »

Pierre: “I… I don’t know (laughs). The problem is that we know ourselves very well during the test, we know exactly what level of fuel we put in the car, what level of performance we have on the engine, we know all these aspects. , the others we don't know. I hope what they say is true but I'm not convinced. »

Julian: “All the other teams are watching you and looking at you, and then you move away, you do something else, do you also look at the others? I would particularly like to draw your attention to this new Mercedes spoiler. What do you think of this front spoiler? »

Pierre: “It's interesting. Indeed we look at the others, if we stay in our bubble we don't find other performance steps, so we look at the other solutions and we redevelop them and that's how it works in this business, that's how F1 works. Mercedes' solution is very visible and very interesting, we look at it. »

Pierre: “That the car turns correctly, that we understand the balance of the vehicle and how we can extract it and that our development plan that we are going to have for Suzuka and race seven (Imola) is in the right direction. »
Interview source?

I expected Suzuka and Imola. it makes sense.

kediown

organic wrote:
23 Feb 2024, 11:04
kediown wrote:
23 Feb 2024, 11:00

Interview source?

I expected Suzuka and Imola. it makes sense.

organic

Thanks