2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Alexf1
Alexf1

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

WDC is Landos to lose cause there are no more Red Bull tracks, and Silverstone and Hungary learned Piastri race pace deficit is gone.

stonehenge
stonehenge

Vettel165 wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 22:18
Now we need to see some Alonso style magic as in 2012. But Max has a bigger lead and a better car then he did back then. Remember how Red Bull before the summer break wasnt so good back than, and became dominant only after Singapore.

I think all is possible, hope for the best. I see three things that could happen.

1. Mclaren to become the dominant force, and Max bringing that P3 every race home. The lead drops massively in 5 races and we have a new world champion.

2. A miracle happens after summer break, Red Bull finds the solution with the car and they have the fastest car again. An easy WDC ending by Max.

3. Max brings the WDC home by a few points, too many mistakes by Mclaren early in the season. Mclaren brings the WCC home.

Either way I am already happy what my team did in the last few years and Max. They were really amazing, and I will never forget that joy. Nothing last forever.

I think 1. is most likely but with the caveat that Norris will need at least one Max DNF to gain enough ground. DNFs are very possible though, especially given that Max and Red Bull make a lot more mistakes when they’re under pressure (see just last week in Hungary). It’ll take some luck, but Norris is definitely not out of it yet. It may come down to the wire. One can easily imagine Max having a lead of <25 points going into the last race, and that would make the championship interesting until the last minute!

Sergej
Sergej

revert back to the more loaded wing, preserve the tyres, dominate S2 and DRS will make the rest

Wouter

Sergej wrote:
27 Jul 2024, 09:43
revert back to the more loaded wing, preserve the tyres, dominate S2 and DRS will make the rest
That seems the quickest option. In sector 2 he gained a lot of time (1sec) and no tyre degradation.
The Power of Dreams!

K1Plus
K1Plus

stonehenge wrote:
27 Jul 2024, 09:28
Vettel165 wrote:
26 Jul 2024, 22:18
Now we need to see some Alonso style magic as in 2012. But Max has a bigger lead and a better car then he did back then. Remember how Red Bull before the summer break wasnt so good back than, and became dominant only after Singapore.

I think all is possible, hope for the best. I see three things that could happen.

1. Mclaren to become the dominant force, and Max bringing that P3 every race home. The lead drops massively in 5 races and we have a new world champion.

2. A miracle happens after summer break, Red Bull finds the solution with the car and they have the fastest car again. An easy WDC ending by Max.

3. Max brings the WDC home by a few points, too many mistakes by Mclaren early in the season. Mclaren brings the WCC home.

Either way I am already happy what my team did in the last few years and Max. They were really amazing, and I will never forget that joy. Nothing last forever.

I think 1. is most likely but with the caveat that Norris will need at least one Max DNF to gain enough ground. DNFs are very possible though, especially given that Max and Red Bull make a lot more mistakes when they’re under pressure (see just last week in Hungary). It’ll take some luck, but Norris is definitely not out of it yet. It may come down to the wire. One can easily imagine Max having a lead of <25 points going into the last race, and that would make the championship interesting until the last minute!
I think option 3 is the most realistic. Norris is bound to make a few mistakes here and there, this is his first title fight, against a Max who is even faster than 2021 Lewis. Max WDC, McLaren WCC, and in 2025 a clean slate all out between Max, Lando and Oscar. Ferrari will be there to pick up a few wins in 2025.

mclaren111

Perez... :shock: :shock:

Bill
Bill

one of the top redbull people say they they cant put yuki in their car because whatever points yuki scores and related income will be pay for his crashes.such statement is just nonsense if you look at these chart .of the four drivers he is one of the least crashprone just same level with max

Wouter

Is dat a recent stat?

Bill wrote:
27 Jul 2024, 12:01
one of the top redbull people say they they cant put yuki in their car because whatever points yuki scores and related income will be pay for his crashes.such statement is just nonsense if you look at these chart .of the four drivers he is one of the least crashprone just same level with max
Yes, Will Buxton said they will put Ricciardo in Perez his seat because Yuki cost them to much for crashes! BS!
Daniel made more damages and costs!!
Last edited by Wouter on 27 Jul 2024, 12:12, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

Luscion
Luscion

chrisc90

Back to higher downforce today.

Team also broke curfew overnight

Sergej
Sergej

good choice for the wing

it may even be wet today, some more load will be helpful

Dunlay
Dunlay

Couldn't have been worse conditions for Perez's last race.

Bill
Bill

back on pace some you pressed the panic batton thinking they have fallen back

organic

Bill wrote:
27 Jul 2024, 13:46
Combine Piastri's best sectors from various laps and he's right there with Max. Obviously FP3 wasn't proper running for any team

It's evident the car needs the extra wing here

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

organic wrote:
27 Jul 2024, 14:18
Bill wrote:
27 Jul 2024, 13:46
Combine Piastri's best sectors from various laps and he's right there with Max. Obviously FP3 wasn't proper running for any team

It's evident the car needs the extra wing here
I'm quite surprised they are going with the bigger wing. I would assume they dialed it in between of two options they tested, high downforce in FP1 and lower in FP2. Verstappen will need overspeed in the race so can't run with too much downforce.