2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SirBastianVettel
SirBastianVettel

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Sergej wrote:
27 Jul 2024, 18:58
anyway, I think I am now even more convinced that it would have been better to serve the penalty in another track

all of today's beautiful result could very well end up with a point loss to Norris
I think he'll end up P3 regardless. The tire deg from the McLaren's is too good for Verstappen to have a change imo. So I think it was the correct call to take it here.

Sergej
Sergej

SirBastianVettel wrote:
27 Jul 2024, 18:59
Sergej wrote:
anyway, I think I am now even more convinced that it would have been better to serve the penalty in another track

all of today's beautiful result could very well end up with a point loss to Norris
I think he'll end up P3 regardless. The tire deg from the McLaren's is too good for Verstappen to have a change imo. So I think it was the correct call to take it here.
well, if you think that Max would have finished 3 even starting first, with the McLaren's 5 and 6, in Spa, then you have to consider this championship done and dusted.

f1isgood
f1isgood

A bit of first-lap chaos not involving Max and a well-timed Safety Car could be good tomorrow.

Bill
Bill

Sergej wrote:
27 Jul 2024, 18:03
AR3-GP wrote:
27 Jul 2024, 17:39
There is no difference in DRS closed top speed between Red Bull, Mclaren, and Ferrari.

https://i.postimg.cc/9fKGCgZX/image.png

https://i.postimg.cc/Fsp37H3B/image.png
yeah I'm reading everywhere "RB has huge rear wing ! they went full downforce !" but I cannot see much difference in top speed with others; I think many were fooled by the wing RB used in FP2 which was clearly wrong (but maybe it was a test for Monza ?), so when they reverted back this morning it was felt like a full downforce choice, but reality is that the wing from FP1 was always the correct one

tomorrow Max will race mostly with DRS open and he needs not to care too much about tyre management
It was a wet track i sure in the dry they will be differences.

SirBastianVettel
SirBastianVettel

Sergej wrote:
27 Jul 2024, 19:09
well, if you think that Max would have finished 3 even starting first, with the McLaren's 5 and 6, in Spa, then this championship is done and dusted.
I don't think it looks too great for Verstappen for the WDC tbh. Norris/McLaren do need to finally stop messing up, but they are probably favourites for the rest of the Grands Prix this season.

Sergej
Sergej

Bill wrote:
27 Jul 2024, 19:14
Sergej wrote:
27 Jul 2024, 18:03
AR3-GP wrote:
27 Jul 2024, 17:39
There is no difference in DRS closed top speed between Red Bull, Mclaren, and Ferrari.

https://i.postimg.cc/9fKGCgZX/image.png

https://i.postimg.cc/Fsp37H3B/image.png
yeah I'm reading everywhere "RB has huge rear wing ! they went full downforce !" but I cannot see much difference in top speed with others; I think many were fooled by the wing RB used in FP2 which was clearly wrong (but maybe it was a test for Monza ?), so when they reverted back this morning it was felt like a full downforce choice, but reality is that the wing from FP1 was always the correct one

tomorrow Max will race mostly with DRS open and he needs not to care too much about tyre management
It was a wet track i sure in the dry they will be differences.
fair enough, but then we don't have any data to say the RB will be a sitting duck on straights tomorrow

we have runs from FP1 but I think they are too biased by engine modes

organic

It's -4/5kph on the straight. But the wing made up good time in S2 and was better on tyres. Without the big RW RB would chew the tyres

Jurgen von Diaz

Yuki really needs to improve to get Pérez's seat. Meanwhile, Ricciardo shows some smiles: Yep, that's got to be a potential Red Bull driver. Absolutely horse s*hit.

f1isgood
f1isgood

Sergej wrote:
27 Jul 2024, 19:09
SirBastianVettel wrote:
27 Jul 2024, 18:59
Sergej wrote:

well, if you think that Max would have finished 3 even starting first, with the McLaren's 5 and 6, in Spa, then you have to consider this championship done and dusted.
I think from a performance point of view, unless Red Bull find better tire management, it is joever. However, from an incompetence point of view, McLaren's inability to win more than 2 races out of the nearly 10 that they have had the quickest car is quite astonishing. Red Bull would have basically won most of them. McLaren are keeping the title fight alive especially for the driver's more than Red Bull, in my opinion.

chrisc90

Should be a interesting race tomorrow. Hopefully the pace is strong enough against the others to allow Max to get back to the front. Podium to aim for tomorrow

search

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
27 Jul 2024, 19:48
Yuki really needs to improve to get Pérez's seat. Meanwhile, Ricciardo shows some smiles: Yep, that's got to be a potential Red Bull driver. Absolutely horse s*hit.

Bayer brought up that test a couple of weeks ago already. It was arranged to get a better idea who should be in the Toro Rosso seat for 2025.

Bill
Bill

they love mexican pesos it will not be so easy to let go of perez.they will resuscitate and nurse back him to life .the first step was the upgrades they brought to hungary to make car easy to drive.they have been clear improvement.

Wouter

search wrote:
27 Jul 2024, 20:11
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
27 Jul 2024, 19:48

Bayer brought up that test a couple of weeks ago already. It was arranged to get a better idea who should be in the Toro Rosso seat for 2025.
Than they don't need a test because the board decided they want young drivers at VCARB next year.
The Power of Dreams!

MYsee
MYsee

Good result for the team - McLarens have a few cars in front of them and Max finished the best he could.

Max has Alonso/Ocon/Sainz/Russel between him and the McLarens. Here is hoping that they put up less of a fight than Lewis/Checo/Leclerc give the McLarens.

Rikhart
Rikhart

Any hints of why this car was suddenly class of the field in wet conditions? I know wet conditions equalize engine power, but what else?