2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vanja #66

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Safe to say Tifosi are looking forward to plenty of respectful duels like this one, as long as they are duels for the win :mrgreen:

And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Fluido
Fluido

CHT wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 10:22

Ferrari will have tough time managing the 2 drivers for sure. perhaps a replay of LH vs Alonso at Mclaren again in 2007? Plenty of drama to come for sure.
Lewis will beat Lecler, remember Lewis was faster than Alonso at his first year.
Teammates can beat Lewis only with Lewis bad luck,more crashes, more technical failures, etc..as history has shown.

mendis
mendis

CHT wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 13:49
AR3-GP wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 13:36
CHT wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 10:22
I think the relationship between the 2 drivers will be tense from the onset and there will be no honeymoon period. :)

Charles has been with Ferrari since 2019, for sure he is not going to let LH trample all over him and make him look like no 2 driver.

Lewis on the other hand , a 7xWDC still eyeing for the 8th WDC is not going to allow any opportunity to slip away.

Ferrari will have tough time managing the 2 drivers for sure. perhaps a replay of LH vs Alonso at Mclaren again in 2007? Plenty of drama to come for sure.
I don't think so. Leclerc is a very unpolitical driver and rarely ever gets involved in controversy.
Mr nice guy rarely win champion in F1and I don't think Charles have been tested like this before. its like having a alpha male coming to his own den..
I am more looking forward to....
Lewis: "My tyres gone, my tyres are gone"
His Engineer: "Copy. We are checking".

On a serious note, it doesn't matter who wins the battle if they have a poor car as the outcomes would depend upon problems with the car and as usual, Ferrari doing Ferrari things in race strategies. If the teams are as close as they are currently in qualifying, then Leclerc will be starting a number of positions ahead of Lewis even with a small margin. Lewis then have to manage to do a lot more overtaking, like the Mercedes cars, McLarens and Alonso and whoever is in the other Red Bull (assuming someone better than Checo in 2025). It's not going to be just two horse race between Leclerc and Lewis in an open space.

There is a lot of subjectivity here and if Leclerc does a decent job, he can finish ahead of Lewis most of the times. Of course, while overcoming the Ferrari things. Unlike at Mercedes and with Toto, the single most important agenda for Ferrari is not to make Lewis a champion, but to have a Ferrari champion, regardless of who prevails and to that extent, I am not sure if they would change the car's behavior to help Lewis over Leclerc, if Leclerc is generally faster.

It's Ferrari. It has consumed peak Prost, peak Alonso and peak Vettel while they all had compliant side kicks and I don't know how an ageing star is going to be managing things at Ferrari against an ambitious and fast talent. Nothing at Ferrari has changed in how it operates over decades. There is no Ross Brawn to do the magic.

chrstphrln

We're writing about a Lewis Hamilton who's 40 by then. Leclerc doesn't need to fear him. Just like a Rosberg didn't have to fear a Michael Schumacher.
Just like Charles didn't have to fear Vettel.
I am convinced that if Ferrari wins a world championship in 2025 or 2026, it will not be through Lewis.

Fluido
Fluido

chrstphrln wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 17:43
We're writing about a Lewis Hamilton who's 40 by then. Leclerc doesn't need to fear him. Just like a Rosberg didn't have to fear a Michael Schumacher.
Just like Charles didn't have to fear Vettel.
I am convinced that if Ferrari wins a world championship in 2025 or 2026, it will not be through Lewis.
Schumacher never had strong teammate, Rosberg was first one.
Alonso show that he can drive well at 40+ years

denyall

Young driver's are quick because they take more risks.

mendis
mendis

denyall wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 18:49
Young driver's are quick because they take more risks.
It's because they do not start losing body cells at that age.

https://www.webmd.com/healthy-aging/sto ... ess%20well.
It's no secret your mind and body change as you age. The process starts somewhere in your 30s. Cells begin to die off. Organs work a little less well. This raises your risk for certain diseases and disorders.

continuum16

Don't mean to be too pedantic but perhaps we should open a 2025 team thread so people can have their Lewis vs Charles debates and speculate about that season and beyond. LH has nothing to do with the 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team. Unless that changes I think keeping it here is a *bit* distracting. Just my two cents.
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

Timtim99
Timtim99

Boring… We are so engrossed in what will happen in over a year’s time, I am more interested in hearing Adrian Newey has moved to Ferrari :D :D :) :D

jambuka
jambuka

I kind of don't want Newey to move. It is more satisfying to beat on merit an in form strong team like RB than to win after the other team has crumbled.

Sidiamal
Sidiamal

continuum16 wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 20:11
Don't mean to be too pedantic but perhaps we should open a 2025 team thread so people can have their Lewis vs Charles debates and speculate about that season and beyond. LH has nothing to do with the 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team. Unless that changes I think keeping it here is a *bit* distracting. Just my two cents.
Agreed. It's taken over the thread completely even though properly speaking it's not very relevant to 2024 in itself #-o Lewis Hamilton is still under a Mercedes driver until December

KimiRai
KimiRai

Sidiamal wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 22:33
Agreed. It's taken over the thread completely even though properly speaking it's not very relevant to 2024 in itself #-o Lewis Hamilton is still under a Mercedes driver until December
Just like how he will take over the team me thinks... :lol: :lol:

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

KimiRai wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 23:00
Sidiamal wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 22:33
Just like how he will take over the team me thinks... :lol: :lol:
An astute observation :lol:

That’s the power of 7x WDC Lewis Hamilton. Wherever he is, or wherever he is going, things are going to immediately start to revolve around him. This is the level of discourse a year out. Just wait until he has arrived.

dialtone
dialtone

As far as I can see, for the past 2-3 days it's mostly been other team's fans that have been here commenting on Lewis in Ferrari. If other teams will worry about Ferrari this way in 2025, that's another added benefit of this move that I didn't anticipate.

codetower

How does everyone see 2024 play out between Carlos and Charles? I have felt at times over the last couple of years that Carlos tends to race more for Team Sainz than for Team Scuderia. I think this year will show a lot in regard to that dynamic. He now has no ties to Ferrari, he doesn't need to play nice, he doesn't need to win anyone over at the team... it could get interesting. Will they be allowed to race each other? How will team orders be issued?