Lotus T127 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
pipex
pipex

Re: Lotus 2010 Car

Thanks a lot Pandamasque for that pic :wink:
"We will have to wait and see".

Fil

Pandamasque wrote:2005 Sauber
Wow. Sauber could've save development $$$, lumped on '09's wings & a double diffuser and just re-released the C24 this year!

Pipex, that was some great comparisons made there on the last page. its incredible seeing the similarities like that.
I can't wait to see the ex-TF110 to be tested in Portugal by StefanGP.. surely some of the same designers that penciled that, are now at Lotus..
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

Crabbia
Crabbia

correct me if im wrong but wasnt this the year sauber caught some flak for being the f2004 v2.0. if i remeber correctly this is the time when ferrari and sauber had the closest working relationship.
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

Mr Alcatraz

Crabbia wrote:correct me if im wrong but wasnt this the year sauber caught some flak for being the f2004 v2.0. if i remeber correctly this is the time when ferrari and sauber had the closest working relationship.
Perhaps!! Though not close enough to get the current lump. Ferrari always kept them on the previous seasons engine if I'm not mistaken.
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

Raptor22
Raptor22

horse wrote:It's certainly a different shade to the last BRG F1 car

Jaguar used a slightly differnent green because of the effect of the TV camera's lens on the colour. Ican't remember if it was darker or slightlylighter but it was different to compensate for the TV camera.

First time I know of a team thinking about how a colour looks on TV and not in person.

Jaguar are now Red Bull of course...

horse

Raptor22 wrote:Jaguar used a slightly differnent green because of the effect of the TV camera's lens on the colour. Ican't remember if it was darker or slightlylighter but it was different to compensate for the TV camera.
I think it was meant to be lighter as they were worried that BRG would appear black on TV cameras.
Raptor22 wrote:Jaguar are now Red Bull of course...
And were previously Stewart Grand Prix. Possibly the most successful from scratch team over the last decade (and a half :) )?
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

Giblet
Giblet

For anyone who read the release, looks like that Malaysian gov has "Dato' 'ed" the team principals.

Dato'
Dato' is the most common highly regarded title in Malaysia. The wife of a Dato' is a Datin, except in Terengganu where they are known as "To' Puan" (not to be confused with "Toh Puan", the wife of a non-hereditary "Tun").
The Dato' (pronounced in similar manner as Datuk) may only be conferred by a hereditary royal ruler of one of the nine Malay states.
There are also hereditary Dato's from Negeri Sembilan, where titles are held for life by heads of certain families and passed on to their heirs. These are not conferred by the ruler, but passed on through the customary native laws. The wife of a hereditary Dato' is addressed by courtesy as "To' Puan".
In other states, certain noble families also have hereditary titles and are addressed as Dato'. For example, the current Prime Minister of Malaysia, Dato' Sri Najib Tun Razak, is hereditary Orang Kaya Indera Shahbandar of Pahang. He would have been addressed as "Dato'" even if he had not been conferred a "Dato' Sri" (SSAP) state award of Pahang.
Foreigners may be awarded such titles in a supernumerary and honorary capacity and use the title locally.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Pandamasque

Tazio wrote:
Crabbia wrote:correct me if im wrong but wasnt this the year sauber caught some flak for being the f2004 v2.0. if i remeber correctly this is the time when ferrari and sauber had the closest working relationship.
http://www.f1technical.net/f1db/cars/im ... errari.jpg
Perhaps!! Though not close enough to get the current lump. Ferrari always kept them on the previous seasons engine if I'm not mistaken.
2005 with C24 was a departure (from Ferrari) year for Sauber. They used their own gearbox I think, and I suspect had talks with BMW already. The '04 car C23 was a F2003-GA pretty much and it was quite successful.

Going back to T127. Looking at the sidepods I think they're not so much boxy as long! Most 2010 cars have sidepods that either drop in height or narrowed long before the exhaust openings, but these stay wide and tall all the way to the rather fat 'coke bottle'.

pipex
pipex

Fil wrote: Pipex, that was some great comparisons made there on the last page. its incredible seeing the similarities like that.
I can't wait to see the ex-TF110 to be tested in Portugal by StefanGP.. surely some of the same designers that penciled that, are now at Lotus..
:) I'm glad that you enjoyed it. I also want to see the SGP car, I hate that F1 needs to lose a car.
"We will have to wait and see".

horse

Testing début for the Lotus at Jerez:

"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

Poleman

Looks really neat on track i must say despite my first thought about is "boxy" shape!Hope it makes a good,trouble-free debut =D>

zgred

horse

Zee Count will suckz your petrolz! Mwah ha hah!

zgred

timbo
timbo

zgred wrote:Image
This looks funny)))
Like this --