2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Dunlay wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 14:42
Sergej wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 14:29
I fear Max has lost his chance with Mercedes, it is reported that Kimi will be announced as George's team mate for 2025 in Monza
Audi has another seat still open. Max and Jos can put forward any condition and Audi would agree. Max would have all the freedom to do whatever he wants, like run his own strategy from his car and take that team to championships. I don't see a point of Max continuing with Red Bull while Jos and Max's fans continuing to be angry with Red Bull. Red Bull anyway is doomed with the departure of it's staff. Max to Audi is a good solution. Max to Mercedes is a pain as George is way too formidable and would make life difficult for Max. It's a nightmare for gis fans. See what's happening with Lewis and his fans.
If Max doesn't go to Mercedes he will quit F1. He doesn't want 3, 4, 5 more years in F1. He never goes to Audi, never.
The Power of Dreams!

chrisc90

Wasn’t it rumoured Wheatley was going earlier on in the season?

Sergej
Sergej

cannot see Max in Audi

but maybe Aston, with Honda and (supposedly) Newey...

JPower
JPower

Wouter wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 15:01
Dunlay wrote:
Sergej wrote:

I fear Max has lost his chance with Mercedes, it is reported that Kimi will be announced as George's team mate for 2025 in Monza
Audi has another seat still open. Max and Jos can put forward any condition and Audi would agree. Max would have all the freedom to do whatever he wants, like run his own strategy from his car and take that team to championships. I don't see a point of Max continuing with Red Bull while Jos and Max's fans continuing to be angry with Red Bull. Red Bull anyway is doomed with the departure of it's staff. Max to Audi is a good solution. Max to Mercedes is a pain as George is way too formidable and would make life difficult for Max. It's a nightmare for gis fans. See what's happening with Lewis and his fans.
If Max doesn't go to Mercedes he will quit F1. He doesn't want 3, 4, 5 more years in F1. He never goes to Audi, never.
I don't believe any of this.

Dunlay
Dunlay

Sergej wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 15:13
cannot see Max in Audi

but maybe Aston, with Honda and (supposedly) Newey...
But Lawrence cannot be challenged. Jos and Max have to bow down to the boss and if that is fine, they will get all the money they can ask. Just no clout. Not sure if Lawrence would like a swearing Max inside the cockpit. :)

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

Sergej wrote:
If Toto really wants Max, he'll give George the boot. George's current contract runs until the end of 2025 if I remember correctly.

As for RedBull? Looks like a team that's in the process of imploding due to Horner's ego.

Dunlay
Dunlay

JPower wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 15:18
Wouter wrote:
Dunlay wrote:

Max will NOT quit for another atleast 15 years. We have heard this hoax from Lewis so many times in the past. He didn't leave even after AD2021. 50+ Millions (may be it would reach $100 million by 2030) of money a year is too good for any sportsperson to just leave it on the table and walk away.

basti313
basti313

taperoo2k wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 15:19
As for RedBull? Looks like a team that's in the process of imploding due to Horner's ego.
It is falling apart, which is a bit of a natural story. But I fail to see that Horner is the cause...Wheatley was due for the job.
Don`t russel the hamster!

chrisc90

Max would likely move to make a Porsche cup team rather than anything else

Rikhart
Rikhart

Dunlay wrote:
Sergej wrote:
George is... formidable?? :lol: He's little more than a journeyman driver, flattered by winning more than a past expiry date old great.

Max would trounce him, what are you on about.

Dunlay
Dunlay

Rikhart wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 15:47
Dunlay wrote:
Sergej wrote:

George is... formidable?? :lol:

Fan feelings are not facts. Until it happens, it ain't happened.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Sergej wrote:
Wheatley's departure is significant, but his interest in a team principal position is something that was known 5 months ago. His departure is not a reaction to Perez and it is not something that comes as a surprise to Max or Red Bull. Wheatley will remain with the team until the end of 2024 and then serve a gardening leave. If the departure was on more acrimonious terms, he wouldn't stay until the end of 2024. Wheatley is just setting himself up for the long term, to have a more significant role in the history of Formula One and with a much better remuneration. It's not a sudden exit and is completely understandable. James Vowles left Mercedes to become TP at Williams due to similar ambitions. You cannot keep someone who wants to become team principal somewhere else.

Also, Max already confirmed his intention to remain with Red Bull in 2025 internally and told Mercedes that he wouldn't move before 2026.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 01 Aug 2024, 15:56, edited 3 times in total.

RacePaceDemon

Rikhart wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 15:47
Dunlay wrote:
Sergej wrote:

George is... formidable?? :lol: He's little more than a journeyman driver, flattered by winning more than a past expiry date old great.

George is a formidable driver which is why a top team like Mercedes GP would hire him :D

His intellect the other day proves that if it wasn't for the tyre weight issue :)

Why would they hire an explosive and disruptive midfield driver like Verstappen? #-o

He is doing very well with the midfield team Red Bull GP :) no need to move!
"Insert pseudo-intellectual quote so people on the car threads take me seriously ;)"

Wouter

Dunlay wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 15:21
JPower wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 15:18
Wouter wrote:

Max will NOT quit for another atleast 15 years
. We have heard this hoax from Lewis so many times in the past. He didn't leave even after AD2021. 50+ Millions (may be it would reach $100 million by 2030) of money a year is too good for any sportsperson to just leave it on the table and walk away.
Are you really going to compare Max to the talk that Lewis always tells everyone?!
Max does not drive for the money, but because he wanted to become world champion.
He said the following last week: He would never want to continue as long as Alonso and Lewis. He sacrificed his entire life to reach F1 and become world champion there. He has achieved that goal and as long as he still likes it he will continue, but he has already achieved his goal 3 times. He is very annoyed by the countless rules of the FIA ​​and F1. Also by the increasingly long calendar.
He has been busy for a few years building his own GT team and coaching a few drivers. He has also already purchased a number of cars. He can't wait to participate in the GT races with his own team.
So that he will continue for another 15 years is complete nonsense. Max is straightforward. If he says something you can be 100% sure that it is true. He is not Lewis. Max enjoys the money but that is not his motivation!
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

AR3-GP wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 15:50
Also, Max already confirmed his intention to remain with Red Bull in 2025 internally and told Mercedes that he wouldn't move before 2026.
That isn't correct!
Max said he would stay IF he gets a winning car and the atmosphere in the team will become better.
Well, the atmosphere is still not good and the car is getting worse and worse.
There are a few more important people who will leave the team.
Wait for the announcement.
The Power of Dreams!