2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Dunlay
Dunlay

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Wouter wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 15:56
Dunlay wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 15:21
JPower wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 15:18

I don't believe any of this.
Max will NOT quit for another atleast 15 years
. We have heard this hoax from Lewis so many times in the past. He didn't leave even after AD2021. 50+ Millions (may be it would reach $100 million by 2030) of money a year is too good for any sportsperson to just leave it on the table and walk away.
Are you really going to compare Max to the talk that Lewis always tells everyone?!
Max does not drive for the money, but because he wanted to become world champion.
He said the following last week: He would never want to continue as long as Alonso and Lewis. He sacrificed his entire life to reach F1 and become world champion there. He has achieved that goal and as long as he still likes it he will continue, but he has already achieved his goal 3 times. He is very annoyed by the countless rules of the FIA ​​and F1. Also by the increasingly long calendar.
He has been busy for a few years building his own GT team and coaching a few drivers. He has also already purchased a number of cars. He can't wait to participate in the GT races with his own team.
So that he will continue for another 15 years is complete nonsense. Max is straightforward. If he says something you can be 100% sure that it is true. He is not Lewis. Max enjoys the money but that is not his motivation!
The way you are speaking, it looks like you know him personally. :roll:

Send me your bank account details and I will deposit $10 grands (wire transfer) if he leaves before 2040. Let's put some skin in the game. :D

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Wouter wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 16:02
AR3-GP wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 15:50
Also, Max already confirmed his intention to remain with Red Bull in 2025 internally and told Mercedes that he wouldn't move before 2026.
That isn't correct!
Max said he would stay IF he gets a winning car and the atmosphere in the team will become better.
Well, the atmosphere is still not good and the car is getting worse and worse.
There are a few more important people who will leave the team.
Wait for the announcement.
Max is loyal (but that loyalty is not limitless). He intends to give Red Bull a chance in 2025 and understand the PU situation for 2026. Only then would he consider leaving.

organic

More key personnel leaving. We knew it was gonna happen when all of that Horner stuff came out. Newey and Wheatley have since left.

We had warnings from the Austria/Dutch contingent of red bull early this season that the team would fracture if Horner stayed. This has happened.

Erik van Haren put out an article a little while back about the (at the time) upcoming Hungary update. It was about how the Hungary update needed to deliver good performance in order to convince Max that red bull is the right team for him. Has that happened?

Let's see what else the summer break brings, but this team is falling apart it's impossible to say otherwise now

Wouter

Dunlay wrote:
Wouter wrote:
Dunlay wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 15:21

Max will NOT quit for another atleast 15 years
. We have heard this hoax from Lewis so many times in the past. He didn't leave even after AD2021. 50+ Millions (may be it would reach $100 million by 2030) of money a year is too good for any sportsperson to just leave it on the table and walk away.
Are you really going to compare Max to the talk that Lewis always tells everyone?!
Max does not drive for the money, but because he wanted to become world champion.
He said the following last week: He would never want to continue as long as Alonso and Lewis. He sacrificed his entire life to reach F1 and become world champion there. He has achieved that goal and as long as he still likes it he will continue, but he has already achieved his goal 3 times. He is very annoyed by the countless rules of the FIA ​​and F1. Also by the increasingly long calendar.
He has been busy for a few years building his own GT team and coaching a few drivers. He has also already purchased a number of cars. He can't wait to participate in the GT races with his own team.
So that he will continue for another 15 years is complete nonsense. Max is straightforward. If he says something you can be 100% sure that it is true. He is not Lewis. Max enjoys the money but that is not his motivation!

Send me your bank account details and I will deposit $10 grands (wire transfer) if he leaves before 2040. Let's put some skin in the game. :D

"... I will deposit $10 grands (wire transfer) if he leaves before 2040." :lol: :lol: :lol:

The way you are speaking, it looks like you don't know him at all! :roll: Don't you watch his interviews?
Well maybe what I was writing here above was only see on the Dutch F1 broadcast but it must have been also on other broadcasts..
The Power of Dreams!

Dunlay
Dunlay

Wouter wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 16:29
Dunlay wrote:
Wouter wrote:

"... I will deposit $10 grands (wire transfer) if he leaves before 2040." :lol: :lol: :lol:

The way you are speaking, it looks like you don't know him at all! :roll: Don't you watch his interviews?
Well maybe what I was writing here above was only see on the Dutch F1 broadcast but it must have been also on other broadcasts..
I seriously have no clue about him, other than having watched him drive F1 cars on TV/F1 App!!! Same goes for every other driver on the grid. I don't even listen to what they talk on pre/post race/quali/practice interviews or on their personal interviews on different places anymore (it's been years). I only understand a bit of human psychology and having been watching various sports for close to 4 decades, I have learnt a bit about desires, ambitions and greed about the sportspersons and Max is no different on my assessment, regardless of whatever PR that goes about him. Still on for 10 grands?

Wouter

Dunlay wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 16:41
Wouter wrote:
Dunlay wrote:

I seriously have no clue about him, other than having watched him drive F1 cars on TV/F1 App!!! Same goes for every other driver on the grid. I don't even listen to what they talk on pre/post race/quali/practice interviews or on their personal interviews on different places anymore (it's been years). I only understand a bit of human psychology and having been watching various sports for close to 4 decades, I have learnt a bit about desires, ambitions and greed about the sportspersons and Max is no different on my assessment, regardless of whatever PR that goes about him. Still on for 10 grands?
Well, as I said, you don't know him at all!

"I only understand a bit of human psychology and having been watching various sports for close to 4 decades, I have learnt a bit about desires, ambitions and greed about the sportspersons."

Yeah, every sportsman is the same!! #-o

I've watched various sports over MORE than 4 decades and learned that every sportsman is different.
Only thing they have in common is that they all want to win as long as they are participating in the sport.
The Power of Dreams!

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

organic wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 16:23
More key personnel leaving. We knew it was gonna happen when all of that Horner stuff came out. Newey and Wheatley have since left.

We had warnings from the Austria/Dutch contingent of red bull early this season that the team would fracture if Horner stayed. This has happened.

Erik van Haren put out an article a little while back about the (at the time) upcoming Hungary update. It was about how the Hungary update needed to deliver good performance in order to convince Max that red bull is the right team for him. Has that happened?

Let's see what else the summer break brings, but this team is falling apart it's impossible to say otherwise now
Wheatley will take people with him to Audi.
Newey will also recall some people to his new team once that is announced.

That is going to hurt Red Bull further. The reality is that an F1 team cannot take so many hits and stay on top. When you combine this with all of the expenses due to the crashes of Perez, 2025 is going to be a difficult season for them. It is a Mclaren 2012 situation. Their driver eventually left for Mercedes. The similarities are uncanny.

All of this could have been prevented if they simply moved Horner to a different position within the Red Bull chain, away from the team, if he could not be dismissed entirely. Wheatley would have been promoted, Newey might not have left. A lot would be different right now. It is almost surreal to witness it.

f1isgood
f1isgood

organic wrote:

Then the Austria/Dutch contingent shouldn't have lost the power battle after exposing Horner. They overplayed their hand, leading to this. If it was always known that Horner had the majority support why fracture the team further?

Takeaway is scum tried to outdo scum potentially causing serious fracture, although I believe Newey and Wheatley would have left even if there was no scandal. There are bigger issues to worry about anyways.

f1isgood
f1isgood

AR3-GP wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 19:09
organic wrote:

That is going to hurt Red Bull further. The reality is that an F1 team cannot take so many hits and stay on top. When you combine this with all of the expenses due to the crashes of Perez, 2025 is going to be a difficult season for them. It is a Mclaren 2012 situation. Their driver eventually left for Mercedes. The similarities are uncanny.

All of this could have been prevented if they simply moved Horner to a different position within the Red Bull chain, away from the team, if he could not be dismissed entirely. Wheatley would have been promoted, Newey might not have left. A lot would be different right now. It is almost surreal to witness it.
A lot could be different now but this is all simply projection. Imagine Wheatley trying to deal with this car with zero experience as TP. It is a different ball game altogether.

Dunlay
Dunlay

Is this the first time a big name leaving Red Bull? No.
Didn't they always find people coming through the ranks? Yes.
Is this any different? I dont think so.

Mercedes went through it and now getting back on their feet again. Their agony was that they didn't understand the regulations which was primary reason for fall, less of staff leaving.

The only impact that we are yet to see is of Newey leaving. He was there for the longest part of his career and for the whole of Red Bull's existence up until now. I am sure there would be big hole there and that's going to take a while filling. It won't be visible for 2025, but definitely for 2026.

Sergej
Sergej

Max will be fuming at how the team went self destruction mode after last year of total domination.

Paa

AR3-GP wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 19:09

They just as well can attract a high-profile employee from an other team who takes a bunch of smart guys with him. It works both ways.
I'm not saying this will happen or the team won't explode, just pointing out that total fall-down is not an inevitable necessity.

edit: btw, I agree, it's not looking good right now.
Last edited by Paa on 01 Aug 2024, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.

RacePaceDemon

Wouter wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 17:06
Dunlay wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 16:41
Wouter wrote:

Well, as I said, you don't know him at all!

"I only understand a bit of human psychology and having been watching various sports for close to 4 decades, I have learnt a bit about desires, ambitions and greed about the sportspersons."

Yeah, every sportsman is the same!! #-o

I've watched various sports over MORE than 4 decades and learned that every sportsman is different.
Only thing they have in common is that they all want to win as long as they are participating in the sport.
I've watched various sports for OVER 5 DECADES and learnt a lot about sportsperson psychology!!

Only thing about Max is that his abusive father has messed him up to the point he feels he can't pursue his own ambitions!! He would rather be managing a GT3 team.
"Insert pseudo-intellectual quote so people on the car threads take me seriously ;)"

Mtshali_Motorsport
Mtshali_Motorsport

Um guys………

There turns out to be a rumor that RedBull has found a loophole in the regulations, with regards to the their braking system

Here’s the video :?: :idea: for context:

Also the FIA recently updated the technical regulations just in the beginning of the summer after the Belgian Grand Prix

Things that make you say hmmmmm :idea:

Any thoughts on this?

chrisc90

RacePaceDemon wrote:
01 Aug 2024, 20:44

I've watched various sports for OVER 5 DECADES and learnt a lot about sportsperson psychology!!

Only thing about Max is that his abusive father has messed him up to the point he feels he can't pursue his own ambitions!! He would rather be managing a GT3 team.
So Max cant pursue his ambitions. But in the next sentence you say he would rather be managing a GT3 team....also one of his ambitions. :? :? :?