2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
xReVo
xReVo

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

Everyone hopes they can make a step forward like McLaren and Mercedes, but they never will. The answer lies in the motivation and the statement. McLaren and Mercedes simply didn't want st that position, they were unhappy, they always aimed high and worked hard. Here instead we are happy to be 5 strength at millenary distances

Sedaxel
Sedaxel

Sedaxel wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 19:58
Master driving of Alonso. His position is above of what the car belongs nowadays.

Both Ocon and Ricciardo seemed to have a faster car. Difficult to know, though, since the strategy was so different and Alo was saving tyres all the race.
Replying to myself here:

Alonso said after the race: "We're not the 5th team. We've finished 9th because of strategy... But in normal conditions we're not the 5th car".

I'd say they're maybe not even the 7th team. The car is very slow now, and it feels not too good either (Alonso's words). A lot of work to do, mates.

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

Sedaxel wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 00:10
Sedaxel wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 19:58
Master driving of Alonso. His position is above of what the car belongs nowadays.

Both Ocon and Ricciardo seemed to have a faster car. Difficult to know, though, since the strategy was so different and Alo was saving tyres all the race.
Replying to myself here:

Alonso said after the race: "We're not the 5th team. We've finished 9th because of strategy... But in normal conditions we're not the 5th car".

I'd say they're maybe not even the 7th team. The car is very slow now, and it feels not too good either (Alonso's words). A lot of work to do, mates.
In pure pace they were the 8th car, so Alonso had a simply sensational race

diffuser

Rikrikrik wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 00:37
xReVo wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 00:19
I repeat that Alonso demonstrated his skill once again today and those who criticize him understand little about F1.
Just problem with Alonso is his motivation, its imposible to keep high motivation for a driver like him after first half last season and sucssesives failling upgrades all the time. I personally think he is a lot of resilient and patient about it, and, honestly Stroll can doing a better work this year too. I think Alonso knows a lot of things about future stuff, because he i so peacefull, or he just hope about 2026 is sustend him. For me, Alonso will stop to drive before his performance start to falling down, much earlier than lose his performance. 2026 probably his last year, i think he will renew to 27 and 28 only if AM make a champion car.
Motivation? What's wrong with his Motivation?

Nobody has a better Motivation than Alonso.

-wkst-
-wkst-

xReVo wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 23:48
Everyone hopes they can make a step forward like McLaren and Mercedes, but they never will. The answer lies in the motivation and the statement. McLaren and Mercedes simply didn't want st that position, they were unhappy, they always aimed high and worked hard. Here instead we are happy to be 5 strength at millenary distances
Yeah, they are happy to be 5th...I only have to look at the body language of Krack (in the talk with Stroll) to see that they are super happy. Looked like a beaten dog...

Race pace:
I think the teams behind the top4 were close, overtaking was hard, different strategies. Impossible to say if they were 5th or lower.

diffuser

They appear to be at the front end of the midfield, while they finished off last year a cut above the midfield, in a class by themselves.

Hopefully, they've understood the aero and start to making big gains.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Found it funny how everyone praised Russell's one stop being unique while forgetting about Alonso who also made it work... but I'm not mad, it just goes to show how little relevant you become once you are no longer at the top of the field, both for the good and the bad. Conclusion: Aston must improve. Also for Fernando's birthday :wink:

Waz
Waz

KimiRai wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 10:35
Found it funny how everyone praised Russell's one stop being unique while forgetting about Alonso who also made it work... but I'm not mad, it just goes to show how little relevant you become once you are no longer at the top of the field, both for the good and the bad. Conclusion: Aston must improve. Also for Fernando's birthday :wink:
Fernando finished behind where he started, while George won the race and finished several positions higher than he started.

Waz
Waz

Jambier wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 18:55
wiktor977 wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 16:50
fouad1979 wrote:
28 Jul 2024, 16:40
They must fire Crack, and Dan follow, they are the reason of this downfull
I think that Dan Fallows should stay but not as a Technical Director. He should go back to being Head of Aero
Again, if we compare with Mercedes, they just unlock massive performance in two months.
They were absolutely struggling, having headache since two years, and the same team finally "cracked" it.

It is not that simple with the current rules I believe. I have to say, the more we have this rule set the less I like it.
Yes everyone will start to be closer at one point, but not better than before
Mercedes big gains came from suspension changes. They upgraded the rear with different components internally, I believe, and then the front has that new oversized damper under the bulge on the nose.

Since then, they have been consistently near the top.

The RB19 strength was superior suspension, keeping the aero platform stable. Mercedes and McLaren seem to have similar solutions to that.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Waz wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 11:26
KimiRai wrote:
Fernando finished behind where he started, while George won the race and finished several positions higher than he started.
Fernando's final result was 8th, didn't you know? :D In fact it was exactly in the same way both qualy and race, finishing 9th yet upgraded to 8th afterwards

And I stick to what I said on the car's performance affecting how people see drivers. You can maximise a race, nail all laps and feel you've done everything perfect only for people to think it was an OK-ish race because you finished P10 or something. People's perception is much affected by car influenced results. In the same way it shields you a bit if you haven't done a great weekend because you are less in the spotlight. Some of Alonso's lackluster performances would've been more widely critisized were the car capable for P4 rather than just scrapping the last points or so.

I like to think the most ardent doubters would agree with me that the car should improve just so his performances would be more noticeable, and also eliminate one of the excuses. Difference is in my opinion it would show his form hasn't dropped to the extent they think.
Last edited by KimiRai on 29 Jul 2024, 16:38, edited 4 times in total.

Nikosar
Nikosar

Do we know if Aston will produce her own rear for 2025 ? Or it will be 2026 ?

I fear that they will not focus on the rear of the car and they accept it as it is waiting to produce their own.

For September it seems that that they will bring new sidepods, knowing Dan Fallows he will bring radical changes. Let’s hope for a working upgrade.

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

Nikosar wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 15:50

I fear that they will not focus on the rear of the car and they accept it as it is waiting to produce their own.

For September it seems that that they will bring new sidepods, knowing Dan Fallows he will bring radical changes. Let’s hope for a working upgrade.
Change and suspension from 2026. Don't expect anything special for September, the big upgrades. they had to be Imola and Hungary. They are already aiming for 2025, or better yet 2026

diffuser

Waz wrote:
KimiRai wrote:
With a lighter car, making it easier on the tires no doudt. That didn't help at all.

diffuser

Sherrinford wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 16:19
Nikosar wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 15:50

Change and suspension from 2026. Don't expect anything special for September, the big upgrades. they had to be Imola and Hungary. They are already aiming for 2025, or better yet 2026
The 2026 rules aren't finalized yet. They will not be producing 2026 parts for probably another year.

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:
29 Jul 2024, 14:43
Waz wrote:
KimiRai wrote:
Fernando's final result was 8th, didn't you know? :D In fact it was exactly in the same way both qualy and race, finishing 9th yet upgraded to 8th afterwards

And I stick to what I said on the car's performance affecting how people see drivers. You can maximise a race, nail all laps and feel you've done everything perfect only for people to think it was an OK-ish race because you finished P10 or something. People's perception is much affected by car influenced results. In the same way it shields you a bit if you haven't done a great weekend because you are less in the spotlight. Some of Alonso's lackluster performances would've been more widely critisized were the car capable for P4 rather than just scrapping the last points or so.

I like to think the most ardent doubters would agree with me that the car should improve just so his performances would be more noticeable, and also eliminate one of the excuses. Difference is in my opinion it would show his form hasn't dropped to the extent they think.
I think part of that is just the nature of the sport to award trophies and spotlight the top 3, they get the added media attention. There is also a pro British stance on the English language F1TV. How many times have they shown interviews of the likes of Hamilton or Norris several times while not showing Alonso at all. You need to go to the F1.com, YouTube or some other site to find some drivers interviews.

I agree, uptick in form would shed some light on him/them. It doesn't take away how well he drove and the team as a whole performed in SPA. We know it.