2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

dans79 wrote:
02 Aug 2024, 16:03
Max was abused, you can read the quotes yourselves!
https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/33 ... verstappen

I forget what the proper term for it is, but an argument/negative interaction between a parent and a child followed by the highlighted below, is commonly referred to as conditional love! If it happens regularly, it can have a lot of detrimental affects!
"Of course, when we sat in the van, I wanted to talk to my dad about the incident", Verstappen says. "My dad said, 'Stop talking, I don't want to hear anything, just sit in the back, I don't want to hear anything about it'.

"But of course, I kept on trying to have a conversation until at one point he pulled off at a fuel station and said: 'Get out. Get out and I do not want to hear you anymore'.

"So he kicked me out and he drove off ... and this is in the south of Italy."

Jos has since explained that it was never his intention to just leave Max at the fuel station. He said he knew Max's mother was a few minutes behind on the road and that he had always planned to turn around and return. Jos' justification for leaving his son was that he was worried everything was coming so easily to Max in his karting career that he wouldn't learn from his mistakes.

Max takes up the story: "Luckily, my mum was there as well, so I called my mum and she was behind us on the motorway, so like five minutes later, she arrived.

"We were about to drive off and then my dad returned with the van and was like: 'Get in, but I do not want to hear a word'. Because my dad was with his at-the-time girlfriend, for sure she talked to him and said 'you cannot do that'.

"The whole trip home, which was 17 hours or something, we didn't talk. And then when we got home, I think he didn't talk to me for a full week. So I just went to school and did my things, but all the time when I would get back home, normally I would go to the workshop, but for one week I wasn't there and he was not talking to me.

"He was not doing anything racing wise, like not at the workshop, so yeah, for me it felt like a big reality check and punishment. And I realised I really f---ed up.
Thanks for confirming my statement from yesterday that that was a lie @Dans79. Jos did pick him up at the gas station
and they drove together from Italy home in his van.

You didn't quote what Max thought about the whole situation. He doesn't think he was abused by Jos.
This is also from your link:
The weekend had looked so promising, too. The event was the KZ2 World Championship final at Sarno -- a track near Naples, under the shadow of Mount Vesuvius -- and Max was making the step up to shifter karts (go-karts with a gearbox) for the first time. His father, Jos, a former F1 driver and now Max's full-time kart mechanic, always made sure his son had the best equipment when he moved up a class, and once again Max immediately looked very competitive against older, more experienced competition. But then there was the mistake.

"I was like, 'You know what, because I'm so quick, I'm just going to pass him and drive off into the distance'," says Max now, aged 24. "But when I went for the move, it was a bit of optimistic and we touched, and I retired.

"So the world championship was gone just like that, which to this day would have been the easiest race of my life."

"But I think that was good for me. Because the year after I think I was a lot better at judging my overtakes and the way I was approaching a race knowing that it's not about this one lap, there are more laps to pass. If you're really quicker, you will get by.

"It was a hard lesson. But I think it was a good one at the end."
The Power of Dreams!

Jurgen von Diaz

Did Jos also time in jail? Did he run over his dad with a car and abuse his girlfriend, if I remember correctly?

Wouter

dans79 wrote:
02 Aug 2024, 16:32
Alexf1 wrote:
02 Aug 2024, 16:26
This is definitely not amuse man, you can't even come up with a term for it in all your hast to join the party
Around here it's considered child abuse, and in some scenarios can lead to the state taking the child!
OMG. In that case a whoooole lot of children would taken away from their parents. #-o
The Power of Dreams!

dans79

Wouter wrote:
02 Aug 2024, 16:40

OMG. In that case a whoooole lot of children would taken away from their parents. #-o
How many people do you know that refused or couldn't make time to talk with their child for a week?

Also, of course Max doesn't think he was abused. It's all he has ever known, he's basically been conditioned!
201 105 104 9 9 7

Wouter

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
02 Aug 2024, 16:38
Did Jos also time in jail? Did he run over his dad with a car and abuse his girlfriend, if I remember correctly?
Well, the 4th Mercedes fan! Know your facts! No, he didn't run over his dad! #-o And No, he didn't abuse his girlfriend.
She was angry about him and they put him in jail but she took care of it and he was released with excuses from the police
and a few months later they got married and a year later they had a baby girl, who was last Saturday and Sunday with Jos in Spa.

The Power of Dreams!

dans79

Alexf1 wrote:
02 Aug 2024, 16:33
All you would get is a case of slander
I think you misunderstood what i was referring to. The government takeS your child from you, and you can face criminal charges.
https://childcare.gov/consumer-educatio ... e-services

For example in my State leaving a child under 14 on their own is a felony, and depending on the situation can result in jail/prison time.
Last edited by dans79 on 02 Aug 2024, 17:03, edited 1 time in total.
201 105 104 9 9 7

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

dans79 wrote:
02 Aug 2024, 16:43
Wouter wrote:
02 Aug 2024, 16:40

How many people do you know that refused or couldn't make time to talk with their child for a week?

Also, of course Max doesn't think he was abused. It's all he has ever known, he's basically been conditioned!
I come from an all Dutch family. Its normal. Have kids so you don't run out of enemies.

Juzh

dans79 wrote:
02 Aug 2024, 16:52
Alexf1 wrote:
I think you misunderstood what i was referring to. The government takeS your child from you, and you can face criminal charges.

For example in my State leaving a child under 14 on their own is a felony, and depending on the situation can result in jail/prison time.
usa a bunch of snowflakes. grow some spine dudes

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

All this wrangling about Wheatly. He is 57 years old. Another guy that Christian Horner kept for a long long time

Wouter

dans79 wrote:
02 Aug 2024, 16:52
Alexf1 wrote:

You mean the same state where people don't need a license/permit to carry (LTC) to carry a handgun in most public places
from the age of 18?! #-o

In my country, the carrying of weapons by citizens is prohibited in principle. Only sports shooters and hunters
are allowed to use certain weapons, if they have the right permit and adhere to the rules for legal possession of weapons.
So they need a weapons permit/license!
The Power of Dreams!

dans79

Wouter wrote:
02 Aug 2024, 17:19
You mean the same state where people don't need a license/permit to carry a handgun in most public places from the age of 18?! #-o
I'm sorry, but you have been misinformed. Every state in the US requires a License to own a gun. Roughly half the states require an additional concealed carry license. Additionally You can't walk into establishments with appropriate "no guns allowed signs". Doing so is at minimum a misdemeanor.
201 105 104 9 9 7

Jurgen von Diaz

Wouter wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
Well, the 4th Mercedes fan! Know your facts! No, he didn't run over his dad! #-o And No, he didn't abuse his girlfriend.
She was angry about him and they put him in jail but she took care of it and he was released with excuses from the police
and a few months later they got married and a year later they had a baby girl, who was last Saturday and Sunday with Jos in Spa.

Oh, I see. It was his girlfriend who was run over by Josh with a car and received a murder charge. Josh has a colorful life, but don't get me wrong, I am a Max fan, and it's fascinating that he is a little crazy on the track in a Senna-like way. And we can see where the craziness is inheriting.

Wouter

Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
02 Aug 2024, 17:38
Wouter wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:

Oh, I see. It was his girlfriend who was run over by Josh with a car and received a murder charge. Josh has a colorful life, but don't get me wrong, I am a Max fan, and it's fascinating that he is a little crazy on the track in a Senna-like way. And we can see where the craziness is inheriting.
"It was his girlfriend who was run over by Josh with a car and received a murder charge"

Another lie!! They had an argue at her house. He left in his car and she stood in front of his car because she didn't want him to leave.
She got angry and scared because he gave gas but braked at the same time. A murder attempt and her run over her??? :lol: :lol: :lol: #-o
The Power of Dreams!

Gillian
Gillian

Can someone show me the way to the Red Bull 2024 Team Thread?

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

The Toto and Max flirting seems to be intensifying. Christian Horner could flip the script on him and start talking about taking George Russell off his hands.