Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
raymondu999

Re: Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

djos wrote:Wow, Webber had mere millimetres in that, 2 more to the left and he'd have had rim damage as well as paint on the tires (like Bob). =D>
I think he did, didn't he? The rim kinda looks scuffed. Maybe not enough to cause any structural damage, but enough to just cause some aesthetic damage
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

autogyro
autogyro

Of course it could just be that the Renault is higher geared for the strait because of a low downforce configuration.
Oh sorry that wasnt aero was it.

zenithbeach

so the team is gonna pay the fine, how honourable :)

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 23,00.html

mach11
mach11

ITs is going to be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO FORCE INDIA!!!!!!!!!
"Be the change that you wish to see most in your world" -- Mahatma Gandhi

djones
djones

Is Rosberg on the options?

komninosm
komninosm

komninosm wrote:
zenithbeach wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:
True, but he was also repremanded, whitch means that he will probably have to watch himself for the next 2 GP at least.
can someone please enlighten me how the whole reprimand thing works? cos this is his second one this year right? how many are they allowed to get and for how long do they last?

cos i have a feeling its just bullsh*t.. or has a driver actually ever got a penalty after being previously reprimanded? :S
I got a question. Do the rules that he broke state what penalties drivers should get?
No one?

zgred

djones wrote:Is Rosberg on the options?
Qualifying analysis
formula1.com wrote: Mercedes GP
Nico Rosberg, 1m 16.071s, P10
Michael Schumacher, 1m 16.492s, P13

Mercedes GP’s issue was simple, but complicated. They just couldn’t get their tyres working. Schumacher couldn’t get enough heat into his primes in Q2 and was only 13th; Rosberg struggled with his options in Q3. Result: frustration and disappointment.

segedunum
segedunum

xpensive wrote:
Paul Oz wrote:
xpensive wrote:Kubica faster than the McLaren in a straight line, how can that be, Horner days the Renault is down 30 hp to the Mercedes engine? :lol:
Fairly obviously.... mclaren have higher down force for better traction/stability!
Higher end straight speed doesnt necessarily mean the straight as a whole was faster.
Boy, aren't you the smart one?
Not really that smart. Playing about with downforce cannot make up a 30 hp shortfall in power which is the crap Horner is spouting.

Rather inconvenient for Horner isn't it?

djones
djones

zgred wrote:
djones wrote:Is Rosberg on the options?
Qualifying analysis
formula1.com wrote: Mercedes GP
Nico Rosberg, 1m 16.071s, P10
Michael Schumacher, 1m 16.492s, P13

Mercedes GP’s issue was simple, but complicated. They just couldn’t get their tyres working. Schumacher couldn’t get enough heat into his primes in Q2 and was only 13th; Rosberg struggled with his options in Q3. Result: frustration and disappointment.
I guess MS will start on the hards. If so that will be interesting to see how the different stratergies pay off.

Given the really high tyre wear the options on full fuel cant even last 10 laps surely?

hollus

WhiteBlue wrote:I think that Emerson Fittipaldi is doing a great job like most ex drivers (disregarding Hill's dismal show). To demote Hamilton for the team screw up would be rather sad. On the other hand the teams know by the reprimand that they cannot systematically under fuel their cars and get away with it.
Reprimands have been effective before, haven't they?
Let's see, 10.000$ x 19 races... I wonder if teams would find 190.000$ a fair price for shaving half a cent out of their quali lap times?
Rivals, not enemies.

Fil

Webber's suffered a gearbox change.. 5 gridslot demotion..
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

thestig84
thestig84

Fil wrote:Webber's suffered a gearbox change.. 5 gridslot demotion..
Your quick!! Beat me. I just heard it too. Shame for Webber, hopefully we might see a good charge from him!

zenithbeach

Fil wrote:Webber's suffered a gearbox change.. 5 gridslot demotion..
are you serious? oh crap!!

Fil

turns 1 & 2 in Montreal always have first lap accidents.

what's the bet Webber will be involved, now that he's in with the rest of the midfield plebs..
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

zenithbeach

where did you guys hear that with webber?