2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jurgen von Diaz

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Curbstone wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
15 Aug 2024, 06:36
Max is 78 points ahead and moving towards the championship. We can say Red Bull has done a great job with its car design...
You design the car for a full year, not just half a year. Let's have a look at the points tally and number of wins at the end of the year before we state Red Bull did a great job with it's car design.
I have some strong doubts. Looking at the steps others have made it doesn't seem they are close to the performance ceiling, so I don't believe RB should be either.
Yes, you design the car for the full year. They have chosen their aim for the WDC, and if Max will be champion, how can we doubt their design path? They clearly haven't got such dominant tools like the hybrid-Mercedes that they can run their cars underpowered, so Red Bull has chosen this design path so Max can push it to the limit and towards the championship. If they had chosen a different design path, could they even fight either championship and Perez would be happier? We'll never know.

Wouter

15 aug 2024 Talking Bull
The most successful designer in F1 history, Adrian Newey, pops into the Talking Bull Airstream to discuss the reaction
to the launch of the RB17 hypercar at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.

He shares his pride in the speeds the RB17 has been getting on track, how he’s still tweaking the spec, and how the RB17 will continue to be part of his life, even after he leaves the team in early 2025.

Adrian reflects on his time with the team, recalling the early cars he designed and the sweetest race victories over the years. He also answers fan questions about where he gets his inspiration from, and crucially, does he ever experience ‘writer’s block’ as a design engineer?
The Power of Dreams!

Jurgen von Diaz

RacePaceDemon wrote:
Jurgen von Diaz wrote:
15 Aug 2024, 14:25
Curbstone wrote: You design the car for a full year, not just half a year. Let's have a look at the points tally and number of wins at the end of the year before we state Red Bull did a great job with it's car design.
I have some strong doubts. Looking at the steps others have made it doesn't seem they are close to the performance ceiling, so I don't believe RB should be either.
Yes, you design the car for the full year. They have chosen their aim for the WDC, and if Max will be champion, how can we doubt their design path? They clearly haven't got such dominant tools like the hybrid-Mercedes that they can run their cars underpowered, so Red Bull has chosen this design path so Max can push it to the limit and towards the championship. If they had chosen a different design path, could they even fight either championship and Perez would be happier? We'll never know.
Your team and driver have been achieving great success, well done :)

But yet... you still have to talk about Mercedes. Seems they and Lewis' dominance really affected you

May I recommend charging them rent as they seem to be in your head rent free :wink:
Who has talked about Hamilton? Rosberg is also a Merc's champion. Merc happened to be the previous dominant team before Red Bull and Max, and Merc happened to be the most dominant team in history. We can also talk about Ferrari and Schumacher's or McLaren-Honda's dominant era if that makes it more comfortable.

Wouter

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/bayer ... /10644406/
Exclusive: Tsunoda will be considered for Red Bull promotion if he keeps performing - Bayer

Tsunoda may have been overlooked for a Red Bull spot this year, but he remains in the picture for 2025

“Helmut [Marko, Red Bull's motorsport advisor] said it himself, in German you say a swallow doesn't make a summer,” Bayer told Autosport. “What it means is that if Yuki keeps racing on this level consistently, he will be considered for a seat in Red Bull Racing.

RB team principal Laurent Mekies has rated Tsunoda’s improvement in his fourth year in F1 as “phenomenal” and has admired his ambition to move up to Red Bull.

“You expect a lot of things from a young guy between the first and the second year, maybe between the second and the third year,” Mekies said. “But you don't expect that sort of phenomenal step between third and fourth, so - yes, he's faster. Yes, he's calmer. Yes, he's better integrating the team, better feedback, hopefully happy!

“But seriously, he has been a reference point in the way that he gets out of the garage on Friday FP1 - and, bang: the first lap, he is there.

Mekies added: “Yuki is a Red Bull driver. He must have the ambition to drive for Red Bull Racing. If he doesn't have that - it's wrong.

“I hope and I trust that he wants more than anything else to drive that car to win races. We also try to help him developing him in that way. So that's what the business is.

“Was he fully happy to extend with us to drive for us next year? Yes, [and] it's a question for him but because what he tells us is that he is mega ambitious, he can see a team [that] is mega ambitious and the fit is obviously working.

“It helps him develop, he has paid us back with quite [an] incredible level of performance.”
The Power of Dreams!

hollus

hollus wrote:
13 Aug 2024, 22:35
Please do not turn the forum into my-driver-is-faster-than-your-driver noise.
If your post kind of fits into that category… wrong forum, help everyone else and skip it. Thanks.
We all conme here for the hardware first, not for the driver yin-yang. Right? (I hope it is right!).
Rivals, not enemies.

Henk_v
Henk_v

Curbstone wrote:
15 Aug 2024, 13:08
Henk_v wrote:
15 Aug 2024, 00:12
Well, if you have only one specially talented driver, or better a driver with some special talents only one of your drives possesses, then designing a car that requires those talents to be driven to its full extend is the same as designing the car for one (of) your drivers.

But then again, we are all spectators here. We know Max likes a looser tail. But how much? It would be great fun to have all drivers on the grid do a lap in the RB19, set up just how Max likes it and see how they cope. Would most struggle or may we assume any driver worth F1 can manage and we are talking minor differences?
I have never heard such a thing, and I don't think any F1 driver really likes a loose tail.
I do know Max prefers a very pointy front end, and can handle the loose tail which is sometimes a result of setting up a pointy front.
I think we have a pretty
At a given grip level, a more pointy front equals a looser tail, but yes, let's split that hair and make this place fun!

Tommy.G
Tommy.G

There we go! Classic Red Bull! Don’t know why this isn’t instant disqualification…this has been forbidden since McLaren did it in 1998…

So it isn’t the others’ upgrades working after all! It’s Red Bull having to take a step back…

organic

Tommy.G wrote:
16 Aug 2024, 00:00
There we go! Classic Red Bull! Don’t know why this isn’t instant disqualification…this has been forbidden since McLaren did it in 1998…

So it isn’t the others’ upgrades working after all! It’s Red Bull having to take a step back…

https://twitter.com/peterdwindsor/statu ... IG-LEFG3Nw
He's just repeating what racingnews365 have reported.

dialtone
dialtone

organic wrote:
16 Aug 2024, 00:44
Tommy.G wrote:

https://twitter.com/peterdwindsor/statu ... IG-LEFG3Nw
He's just repeating what racingnews365 have reported.
Maybe so but a famous world champion once said about a rival team: "that's what happens when you stop cheating".

I wonder what happened to him.

Tommy.G wrote:

Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

Tommy.G wrote:

Ah yes. Classic Red Bull. When Mercedes had DAS and 2 cars DSQ for cheating the last 2 years. More than anyone else. And Ferrari had fuel gate.

Dunlay
Dunlay

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
16 Aug 2024, 06:12
Tommy.G wrote:

Ah yes. Classic Red Bull. When Mercedes had DAS and 2 cars DSQ for cheating the last 2 years. More than anyone else. And Ferrari had fuel gate.
DAS was a grey area that was ungoverned and something Mercedes had asked clarification about before implementing. It's arguable how much they revealed to FIA about what they enquired, but most likely it pointed to the intention of it. FIA said yes and only after further discussions in season and more details, they had to outlaw it for the following season and probably didn't do it for the same season because it involved their own nod.

It's not the same as rehashing something that was outlawed, which is what Red Bull seemed to have done in this case.

Ferrari's trickery was clearly illegal, no argument on that.

Quantum

Surely the FIA should've been transparent on any actions they forced RB to take?
"Interplay of triads"

Quantum

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
16 Aug 2024, 06:12
Tommy.G wrote:

One plank wear and one Tyre wear. Cheating is intentional, running to fine margins isn't. The FIA is in a spot now where it highly likely did not know what Red Bull were doing. This was designed and likely had dual use, with one of those uses not being spotted by the FIA. So the intent was there from the drawing board to circumvent the rules if what is being speculated on is accurate.
Also a nice summation on DAS by pancake, something that accusations of cheating always fail to grasp or mention.
"Interplay of triads"

Chuckjr

Curbstone wrote:
15 Aug 2024, 13:08
Henk_v wrote:
15 Aug 2024, 00:12
Well, if you have only one specially talented driver, or better a driver with some special talents only one of your drives possesses, then designing a car that requires those talents to be driven to its full extend is the same as designing the car for one (of) your drivers.

But then again, we are all spectators here. We know Max likes a looser tail. But how much? It would be great fun to have all drivers on the grid do a lap in the RB19, set up just how Max likes it and see how they cope. Would most struggle or may we assume any driver worth F1 can manage and we are talking minor differences?
I have never heard such a thing, and I don't think any F1 driver really likes a loose tail.
I do know Max prefers a very pointy front end, and can handle the loose tail which is sometimes a result of setting up a pointy front.
I think we have a pretty
Hmm. I’m not so sure about that.

I think it was Schumacher who said he would steer with the throttle (rear wheels), and his hands would simply keep up. It’s described very well here:

You can also see it here with Senna:

They talk about Senna’s odd throttle technique here:

Martin Brundle said at one point in a race a few years ago, that the rear tires need to be slipping about 5% for best possible side grip and forward traction. This would also indicate any driver who could drive up to that 5% and ride that 5% w/o losing control, would be fastest in technique. It seems that’s what Schumacher is claiming he could do in the above YouTube video. Also, the comparison to Herbert’s throttle and steering input render the same story: the best drivers steer with throttle.
Watching F1 since 1986.