2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
bluechris

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

Guys Newey and his team can redesign the car easily in half a season, what are you discussing really? The man is an alien.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Also Newey needs the right environment, with the right people around him. That needs time, like RBR 2005. The good thing is that AMR is for sure clearly way more advanced than RBR back in 2005.

diffuser

peewon wrote:
11 Aug 2024, 08:37
diffuser wrote:
10 Aug 2024, 03:03
peewon wrote:
10 Aug 2024, 01:59

The new regs are uncharted territory so impossible to say with certainty who stands where. Its a new challenge for everyone considering the relative size of the ICU to the battery pack. I think people connected in the paddock will have some idea and more clearly know who isnt doing well.
I don't think anybody know shiit. They talk good game but know shiit. This stuff is top secret everywhere. Not like teams are doing their 2026 PU R&D in the Paddock.
I think top level people have a general idea. F1 is a small, insular, incestous community where people talk. If a team is struggling especially, word gets around. Hamilton has said how much Ross Brawn and Niki Lauda convinced him to join Mercedes by telling him they were goin to be good. Merc was a midfield car like AM at the time. Helmut Marko very confidently predicted the pecking order for the new '22 aero regs. AM's very own wind tunnel numbers were the talk of the off season last year.

Doesnt mean exact performance levels are known or things cant deviate when they move from simulation to real life testing but information definitely flows in the paddock.
Yeah, I gonna spend millions on R&D. Then leak it for free to the paddock.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

bluechris wrote:
11 Aug 2024, 12:49
Guys Newey and his team can redesign the car easily in half a season, what are you discussing really? The man is an alien.
As I said before, not if there is a fundamental flaw in, for example, the monocoque, that simply isn't feasible any more to change within season.
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

diffuser

PapayaFan481 wrote:
11 Aug 2024, 16:30
bluechris wrote:
As I said before, not if there is a fundamental flaw in, for example, the monocoque, that simply isn't feasible any more to change within season.
That would take you to the end of the year. When would manufacturer that? It would take 8-12 weeks easily to manufacturer major changes(3 months)....Then would there be any races left?

peewon

diffuser wrote:
11 Aug 2024, 15:52
peewon wrote:
11 Aug 2024, 08:37
diffuser wrote:
10 Aug 2024, 03:03

I don't think anybody know shiit. They talk good game but know shiit. This stuff is top secret everywhere. Not like teams are doing their 2026 PU R&D in the Paddock.
I think top level people have a general idea. F1 is a small, insular, incestous community where people talk. If a team is struggling especially, word gets around. Hamilton has said how much Ross Brawn and Niki Lauda convinced him to join Mercedes by telling him they were goin to be good. Merc was a midfield car like AM at the time. Helmut Marko very confidently predicted the pecking order for the new '22 aero regs. AM's very own wind tunnel numbers were the talk of the off season last year.

Doesnt mean exact performance levels are known or things cant deviate when they move from simulation to real life testing but information definitely flows in the paddock.
Yeah, I gonna spend millions on R&D. Then leak it for free to the paddock.
They're not leaking technical drawings and actual figures. Nobody ever claimed that. Broad strokes. Which happens in every industry, especially ones as small as F1 where people have personal connections working for competitors.

zoroastar

PapayaFan481 wrote:
bluechris wrote:
thats why im pretty sure that hell have enough input on a design to ensure there are no major disasters waiting for him when he gets there. id be willing to bet, if newey does announce that hes coming to aston before the end of this season, next years car will be a step forward from where they have been. newey somehow wiggled out of a gardening leave that people were saying was going to be to the end of 2025. makes you wonder what is going on over at redbull

KimiRai
KimiRai

zoroastar wrote:
12 Aug 2024, 04:07
PapayaFan481 wrote:
bluechris wrote:
thats why im pretty sure that hell have enough input on a design to ensure there are no major disasters waiting for him when he gets there. id be willing to bet, if newey does announce that hes coming to aston before the end of this season, next years car will be a step forward from where they have been. newey somehow wiggled out of a gardening leave that people were saying was going to be to the end of 2025. makes you wonder what is going on over at redbull
If the car starts to improve again (a big "if" for Aston :D ) I don't think it would be necessarily because of Newey, rather the team has found its way again after this season's problems. These things take time, they are already in the making for next year

GoranF1
GoranF1

KimiRai wrote:
12 Aug 2024, 09:36
zoroastar wrote:
PapayaFan481 wrote:

If the car starts to improve again (a big "if" for Aston :D ) I don't think it would be necessarily because of Newey, rather the team has found its way again after this season's problems. These things take time, they are already in the making for next year
Problems are not "this season " ....AM like Ferrari has a problem whit in-season development....every year during winter they build a solid car and then they get lost whit it, just like Marranello.
So hopefully Newey helps whit that.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

KimiRai wrote:
zoroastar wrote:
PapayaFan481 wrote:

This is the downside of being in a design team with Newey attached.

If Newey announces that he Aston bound and then Aston build a decent car to start 2025, even assuming Newey isn't there by the start of the season, the assumption will be that Newey has had some secret input and not that the Aston design team did it on their own.
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

bluechris

PapayaFan481 wrote:
12 Aug 2024, 14:25
KimiRai wrote:
zoroastar wrote:

If Newey announces that he Aston bound and then Aston build a decent car to start 2025, even assuming Newey isn't there by the start of the season, the assumption will be that Newey has had some secret input and not that the Aston design team did it on their own.
Don't you think that almost always where Newey is or gonna be, suddenly the team rises? Is that a coincidence? Suddenly the team current designers get epiphany from god and do things right? I don't think so.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Don't forget that the teams he switched to always had one of the deeper pockets in the paddock...
He is a genius, but he can't produce miracles. It's always a combination of money and the right guys.

Alonsismo
Alonsismo

Alonso + Newey
My childhood dream could finally become true

diffuser

bluechris wrote:
12 Aug 2024, 14:41
PapayaFan481 wrote:
12 Aug 2024, 14:25
KimiRai wrote:

Don't you think that almost always where Newey is or gonna be, suddenly the team rises? Is that a coincidence? Suddenly the team current designers get epiphany from god and do things right? I don't think so.

Well, the last time Adrian Newey changed teams was to RBR in 2006 and it took more than 3 years to start winning races. When he joined Williams in 91, Williams was already a dominate team. It was really only at McLaren that he turned the team around the year he got there and then started dominating in his 2nd year.

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

Alonsismo wrote:
12 Aug 2024, 16:24
Alonso + Newey
My childhood dream could finally become true
Unfortunately to late ,Alonso not young anymore and we see it at his performance,and how much mistakes he make compared to last year's.Hard to keep focus and fit at 24 Race in one season. Maybe can be fast as Stroll, Albon,Riccardo,Hulk but not fast as VER,Norris etcetera.