2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
myurr
myurr

Re: 2013 Malaysian GP - Sepang

Traction wrote:It was pure racing...no matter what Vettel does you would disagree.. :roll:
According to Sky commentary Vettel was told to hold station as was Webber. By definition that's not pure racing. Just remember that next time Vettel is protected from Webber through team orders.
Last edited by myurr on 24 Mar 2013, 11:55, edited 1 time in total.

tonmeister
tonmeister

That´s one weird sad podium. Here comes Brundle...

rifrafs2kees
rifrafs2kees

myurr wrote:
rifrafs2kees wrote:Hamilton...not the brightest bulb :lol:
Errrm why exactly?
I take that back. At the time I was under the assumption that he had burned through his tires(rather than having to save fuel

Guisson

I think Webber / Vettel and Rosberg/Hamilton took too much risks ...
They could have cost their teams !
I wont be surprised if there will be some explanations ..
The task is,not so much to see what no one has yet seenbut to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees. Erwin Schrödinger

SilverArrow10

Three best drivers in the world? Replace Webber with Alonso and your about right
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

myurr
myurr

Would be interesting if Mark only took the hard tyre because he was told Vettel would hold station.

Traction

myurr wrote:
Traction wrote:It was pure racing...no matter what Vettel does you would disagree.. :roll:
According to Sky commentary Vettel was told to hold station as was Webber. By definition that's not pure racing. Just remember that next time Vettel is protected from Webber through team orders.
I will...
Generally I don't care about what people say. I have to be clear with myself. When everything goes well, people celebrate you, when you make mistakes people criticize you.
Sebastian Vettel

gandharva

Shittastic politics and teamorder crap. Vettel did it right, and Nico should have done so too.

tonmeister
tonmeister

Webber with Brundle...wow, wow, wow

Rikhart
Rikhart

--- race, --- feeling on the podium, looks like a funeral, with all this political/team order bullshit. Hamilton doesnt deserve to be there in the slightest...

f1316
f1316

Problem is, I'm certain Webber has been told to hold station many, many times in the past and has done as he's told...

Also, whilst I agree that Mercedes has every right to keep their cars safe to the finish, I can also imagine a very different opinion from the Sky commentators if the Merc driver in front had a red helmet...

Wish we could have seen Alonso in the mix, quite certain he would have been in there. Inexplicable decision not to bring him in after lap 1, but also not sure why he had to be so close to the back of Vettel.

jamsbong
jamsbong

Love the racing. Glad Vettel did what he did.
Team orders, go away!

zgred

Priceless... :lol: =D>

myurr
myurr

There you go it's explicit. Webber was told that they weren't racing any more, turned everything down on the car, then Vettel attacked. Very hypocritical given the way he's been protected in the past, and has demanded that protection. That's going to come back and bite Vettel later in the year if he needs support from Webber at a future race. He could be hung out to dry.

Joie de vivre

I blame the tyres. All the teams are looking so carefully on them and then strategy suffers which influences on drivers. If we had more consistent tyres there won't be such stupid strategies and they would be let alone to race freely as they wish. But now they have to maintaing artifical gap to perserve the tyres.

IMO those tyres are BS!