2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Chuckjr

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Maybe, but RB need to secure the constructors and if Checo can’t deliver…Dan is warm and ready in a seat. It’s, imo, why they have him in the sister car—just in case of a Checo meltdown.
Watching F1 since 1986.

chrisc90

Chuckjr wrote:
25 Feb 2024, 09:13
Maybe, but RB need to secure the constructors and if Checo can’t deliver…Dan is warm and ready in a seat. It’s, imo, why they have him in the sister car—just in case of a Checo meltdown.
If the best of the rest trade points - then Max wont need Checo to secure both titles....Again. 8) 8) :lol:

organic

https://nl.motorsport.com/f1/news/max-v ... /10579546/

Waché highlights the expertise that the simulator drivers Rudy van Buren, Sebastian Buemi, and Jake Dennis bring. He explains how it helps in particular to have sim drivers who genuinely enjoy the process such as van Buren because he has come from a sim racing background rather than real racing. He says it comes with a different mindset which he presumably thinks is positive based on his comments

Max also credits van Buren, who was newly signed last year to the team, with the immediate balance of the car at the beginning of the season being great for him already. Van Buren is a part of Max's simracing team and they have very similar preferences on the setup side (quite extreme characteristics) so it's very handy to have him helping to test parts and build setups in the simulator.

chrisc90

And some driver’s criticise some for plying ‘games’

zeroday

There is no F1 rule preventing this so why doesn't RB seriously consider just running one car for the entire season so as to save on a heap of resources like parts and money used for normally running a 2nd car?

They are already assured the '24 championship with ease by only needing just one car. The vast amount of money saved could then be funnelled to 2025 dev instead. And any spare parts from the 2nd car can be used to repair the running one, if needed.

Max could even take several days off from some GPs and let another driver fill in. Ideally, not Checo. There are other capable drivers not on the grid that can still guarantee a win for RB at any random GP due to this RB20 rocketship. So that's easy.

Just a thought to maybe pass on to RB HQ. Something like this probably can save the season, in terms of ratings revenue, to give a reason to keep a majority of people watching. Without something like this, i fear F1 ratings will break a new record low.

vorticism

It would be even cheaper to not run the season at all, collect the trophies and prize money, and hold the FIA ceremony early if they are "already assured the '24 championship with ease."
𓄀

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

zeroday wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 00:32
There is no F1 rule preventing this so why doesn't RB seriously consider just running one car for the entire season so as to save on a heap of resources like parts and money used for normally running a 2nd car?

They are already assured the '24 championship with ease by only needing just one car. The vast amount of money saved could then be funnelled to 2025 dev instead. And any spare parts from the 2nd car can be used to repair the running one, if needed.

Max could even take several days off from some GPs and let another driver fill in. Ideally, not Checo. There are other capable drivers not on the grid that can still guarantee a win for RB at any random GP due to this RB20 rocketship. So that's easy.

Just a thought to maybe pass on to RB HQ. Something like this probably can save the season, in terms of ratings revenue, to give a reason to keep a majority of people watching. Without something like this, i fear F1 ratings will break a new record low.
There probably is a rule saying they have to field both cars except for force majeure.

Two cars is ideal for testing purposes anyway.

Cs98
Cs98

zeroday wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 00:32

viewtopic.php?t=31588

Sevach
Sevach

organic wrote:
25 Feb 2024, 22:04
https://nl.motorsport.com/f1/news/max-v ... /10579546/

Waché highlights the expertise that the simulator drivers Rudy van Buren, Sebastian Buemi, and Jake Dennis bring. He explains how it helps in particular to have sim drivers who genuinely enjoy the process such as van Buren because he has come from a sim racing background rather than real racing. He says it comes with a different mindset which he presumably thinks is positive based on his comments

Max also credits van Buren, who was newly signed last year to the team, with the immediate balance of the car at the beginning of the season being great for him already. Van Buren is a part of Max's simracing team and they have very similar preferences on the setup side (quite extreme characteristics) so it's very handy to have him helping to test parts and build setups in the simulator.
Hard to remember but out of the box the RB19 wasn't super Max friendly (no reference to the terrible song intended), no such "mistakes" this time it seems.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

The RB18 was a dog in terms of the balance as well.

KimiRai
KimiRai

I wonder what it feels like to have won both championships even before the first race of the season started, let alone the first qualifying... :D

organic wrote:
24 Feb 2024, 11:06
According to Julien Fabreau, who is known to frequently chat to Pierre Waché, it seems the problem of slow speed cornering has been eliminated with the rb20. However riding kerbs remains the weakest point
So Monaco/Singapore again could be the only chances of a non Red Bull win?

organic

KimiRai wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 11:08
I wonder what it feels like to have won both championships even before the first race of the season started, let alone the first qualifying... :D

organic wrote:
24 Feb 2024, 11:06
According to Julien Fabreau, who is known to frequently chat to Pierre Waché, it seems the problem of slow speed cornering has been eliminated with the rb20. However riding kerbs remains the weakest point
So Monaco/Singapore again could be the only chances of a non Red Bull win?
Max said in press conference that the rb20 shouldn't have problems at street tracks this year when asked about it.

On another topic. Pierre waché about adopting many Mercedes ideas when conceiving the rb20, and some other tidbits

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/why- ... /10579883/
You try to not be emotional [with design choices], as the first reaction is: ‘ah, it's better to have your own ideas.’

“But at one point you just have to take a step back and say, 'is the stopwatch and our system saying what's better?' So you test stuff and you take what is better.

"As a human being, you say, ‘I would prefer to do my own stuff.’ But it is dangerous because you have to go with your criteria, and if the criteria is 'what is better', we go for what is better.

"And also it is not exactly the same to be fair...it's a lot better.”

Eren Jager
Eren Jager

Hello everyone,
I have a little question. Coming out of the preseason tests, I've read a lot of rumors around the paddock describing our speed as frightening. However, after seeing plenty of data and analyses by experts, I don't recall seeing any "frightening" advantage over the other teams, especially considering that all the top teams have made significant progress. Do you also find this puzzling, or have you seen something that makes you believe we're going to blow everyone away?

Thanks!

f1isgood
f1isgood

Eren Jager wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 12:30
Hello everyone,
I have a little question. Coming out of the preseason tests, I've read a lot of rumors around the paddock describing our speed as frightening. However, after seeing plenty of data and analyses by experts, I don't recall seeing any "frightening" advantage over the other teams, especially considering that all the top teams have made significant progress. Do you also find this puzzling, or have you seen something that makes you believe we're going to blow everyone away?

Thanks!
I think this was the most indicative but probably too many variables. This was Max - Day 1 - C3 stint of 8 laps. He keeps low 1.34 pace consistently, and is on a lower engine mode that Charles - Day 3 - C3 stint (part of race simulation). Here Max isn't part of the race sim and is just doing 8 laps but Charles indeed does a full race sim (on similar-to-race engine modes). Max could be on newer tires lower fuel whatever but I think this stint still sticks out to me as I think this is the only stint where RB showed their hand a little bit.

I think I haven't seen any other driver do even a short stint that was this quick even on low fuel.

f1isgood
f1isgood

AR3-GP wrote:
26 Feb 2024, 01:59
The RB18 was a dog in terms of the balance as well.
It was overweight, and also on the front axle, which meant Max struggled much more with that car. As the weights kept going down the car became a rocket at many races.

I think sim to real is still quite a bit of work in progress. The RB18 was only really bad in two races -- Austria, and Brazil. Both sprint weekends. It was quite good everywhere else.