Adrian Newey Leaves Red Bull Racing

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: Adrian Newey Leaves Red Bull Racing

PlatinumZealot wrote:
13 Sep 2024, 03:38
Apparently he confirmed that he was not offered any shares in RedBull!! can you believe it?!!
Horner wasn't either which was the entire reason for the power struggle.

Sevach
Sevach

dialtone wrote:
11 Sep 2024, 20:07

Isn’t Fallows the same one that said: working with AN is a pleasure? Would be fun if he’s the first one out.
They already worked together for years, i have a hard seeing him getting kicked out.

But then again, Cardile has just been hired and i have a hard time seeing how this "dream team" fits under the cap.

JordanMugen

AR3-GP wrote:
13 Sep 2024, 04:15
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Apparently he confirmed that he was not offered any shares in RedBull!! can you believe it?!!
Shares in Red Bull Technology Ltd, Red Bull Powertrains Ltd and/or Red Bull Racing Ltd surely?

Surely there is no suggestion either would ever be offered shares in Red Bull Gmbh, the sugary caffeine drink company?

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

JordanMugen wrote:
14 Sep 2024, 00:44
AR3-GP wrote:
13 Sep 2024, 04:15
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Shares in Red Bull Technology Ltd, Red Bull Powertrains Ltd and/or Red Bull Racing Ltd surely?

Surely there is no suggestion either would ever be offered shares in Red Bull Gmbh, the sugary caffeine drink company?
Yes. Shares in the Red Bull Racing companies.

CHT
CHT

SiLo wrote:
11 Sep 2024, 12:07
CHT wrote:
11 Sep 2024, 05:55
AN leaving RBR to become a shareholder of F1 team was something I anticipated could happen. Was thinking it may be Williams F1 as AN is too British to want to move to Ferrari.

AN has many years of success at RBR working with Honda engine and to be reunited again at AM will certainly make good sense.

So lets not discount the possibility that Alonso may win the WDC in 2026. Exciting time ahead.
An said in the podcast interview that he always makes a point of going to a team that isn't currently successful, so going to Ferrari might have ruled that out because they have been at the sharp end of the grid for a few years, winning races.
I think the deal maker is that AN is now a shareholder of the team instead of just an employee. Very soon he will be joining the billionaire club house.

Big Tea

Sevach wrote:
13 Sep 2024, 20:27
dialtone wrote:
11 Sep 2024, 20:07

Isn’t Fallows the same one that said: working with AN is a pleasure? Would be fun if he’s the first one out.
They already worked together for years, i have a hard seeing him getting kicked out.

But then again, Cardile has just been hired and i have a hard time seeing how this "dream team" fits under the cap.
I have a row of excellent stuff on my workshop shelf I bought because it would be just the thing I need with the things I use all the time. Well I thought I would, but I just seen to use something else each time. They really are excellent things I really wanted.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

PlatinumZealot

CHT wrote:
14 Sep 2024, 02:34
SiLo wrote:
CHT wrote:
11 Sep 2024, 05:55
AN leaving RBR to become a shareholder of F1 team was something I anticipated could happen. Was thinking it may be Williams F1 as AN is too British to want to move to Ferrari.

AN has many years of success at RBR working with Honda engine and to be reunited again at AM will certainly make good sense.

So lets not discount the possibility that Alonso may win the WDC in 2026. Exciting time ahead.
An said in the podcast interview that he always makes a point of going to a team that isn't currently successful, so going to Ferrari might have ruled that out because they have been at the sharp end of the grid for a few years, winning races.
I think the deal maker is that AN is now a shareholder of the team instead of just an employee. Very soon he will be joining the billionaire club house.
It's not automatic. Depends on how much the teams value and share price will grow and the actual profits the team makes! The kicker now us Adrian has a direct influence on this through making the car fasrer and will get the compensation he deserves.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Vanja #66

SiLo wrote:
The biggest factor is full time role. First he wanted a less involved role and had a great offer from Ferrari to be a super consultant with loads of money, work out of office most of the time and probably still keep some decision making authority on crucial design aspects.

He then changed his mind and wanted another full time role, which ruled out Ferrari as he definitely does not want to move to Italy. Whether an insane offer for full time role from Williams (later trumped by an even more insane offer from Stroll) changed his mind or something else, I'm not aware
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Tonino
Tonino

Just read that Newey got a 2.5per cent stake in the company. Was expecting more.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Tonino wrote:
14 Sep 2024, 19:49
Just read that Newey got a 2.5per cent stake in the company. Was expecting more.
With a company worth 1 billion dollars, a 2.5 percent stake is worth 25 million dollars. Consider it a sign on bonus, with the opportunity for appreciation which is attached to the success of the team (in some part).

chrisc90

Sure Adrian will have added substantial to that figure too by signing his name

peewon

AR3-GP wrote:
14 Sep 2024, 20:16
Tonino wrote:
14 Sep 2024, 19:49
With a company worth 1 billion dollars, a 2.5 percent stake is worth 25 million dollars. Consider it a sign on bonus, with the opportunity for appreciation which is attached to the success of the team (in some part).
Wasnt the valuation in 1.5-2 range with the recent stake sale?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... s-sky-news

So its closer to $50m with the chance to go up if they have some success.

Vanja #66

Getting any share of the company means you get a seat at the table. There's lots of things shareholders can agree in their Shareholder Agreement, including a minor shareholder getting a lot bigger vote share, a major shareholder (Stroll) will always align his vote with a minor shareholder (Newey) etc. Newey gets to be a crucial part of the decision-approval team and having him without it would be like having an ultimate weapon, but you always use it set to "stun"
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Chuckjr

Adrian getting part ownership is a really, really good beginning. It shows he is 100% committed and has a vested interest to bring success to the team. It’s personal now. He’s waited for this since Williams, and won’t tolerate anything less than P1. All signs show he is determined to bring Aston Newey to the sharp end. It’s a very, very exciting development, and we are fortunate as fans to see this unfold. This just may lead to Fred taking a third title (and maybe a fourth) at an age that defies all logic and human biology. The new motivation both Adrian and Fred will have from this point forward will be incredible.
Watching F1 since 1986.

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

Chuckjr wrote:
15 Sep 2024, 09:13
Adrian getting part ownership is a really, really good beginning. It shows he is 100% committed and has a vested interest to bring success to the team. It’s personal now. He’s waited for this since Williams, and won’t tolerate anything less than P1. All signs show he is determined to bring Aston Newey to the sharp end. It’s a very, very exciting development, and we are fortunate as fans to see this unfold. This just may lead to Fred taking a third title (and maybe a fourth) at an age that defies all logic and human biology. The new motivation both Adrian and Fred will have from this point forward will be incredible.
There is no question he’s a great designer but don’t overestimate his powers either. He’s also designed a few duds. Over a career though he belongs to a very small pantheon of greats.

What I’m reluctant about is: AM is so far back so any improvement in the short term is credit that will only be given to AN as “it must be his work”. In reality that wont be the case. IMHO you can only ascribe anything to Newey from ‘26 on. And I’m sure that’s where the focus will be.

The only thing that MAY happen in the short term is, if there is an OBVIOUS flaw with AMs current concept that someone with vast experience can point out but I think that’s highly debatable