2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jdn1327
Jdn1327

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

What were Russell's times like in fp3? I didn't have a chance to watch it.

Dunlay
Dunlay

PlatinumZealot wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 13:36
Dunlay wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 04:00
It's really ridiculous to criticize or write down a rookie for making a rookie mistake. Seems like people have forgotten what it's like to introduce new drivers to F1 and that should be allowed to make some mistakes. Comparing to previous rookies is naive. Next FP1, he should do better and I don't mind him crashing again. Neither Mercedes driver is currently in contention for WDC and neither is Mercedes a WCC contender. Safe situation to let him make mistakes. If he is their driver for next year, let him get some real opportunities to drive the current car and get a taste of it's behaviour.
That's an extremist take to have and it lacks context. He is not really being downtrodden as you are suggesting. He is just being brought down from the stars back to earth. He did a good job. Probably a great rookie. But he is not "the one."
Did he himself or anyone else said, "he is the one"? Whatever that means.

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Dunlay wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 09:10
Why scrutiny and why is that warranted? One driver is leaving and another is getting an opportunity. That's life. Old things go and new things come. Would you keep criticizing every new thing that replaces old? Whatever the situation of Lewis' exit is, what sense is there in villifying the new kid who has nothing to do in those decisions.
Nobody is vilifying anyone. A hyped rookie is having his meager time in a F1 car scrutinized, every rookie's performance is scrutinized. No need to pretend he is being put through the inquisition. I'm sure he'll perform beautifully next year.

PlatinumZealot

should be a good addition to support George next year. He might be a match for George in a few qualifyings...

Few years down the line he might follow in LH footsteps at ferrari if. He's the italian messiah.

Anyway for Q3 it is looking good. Expect Mclarens to be in front. And one Ferrari. We will be fourth and fith but out race pace looked good.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

PlatinumZealot

Ouch!! Lewis looked the faster until Q3.

George got a bit of a tow for S1 and that was probably the difference..
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

j_ste
j_ste

That was a fun session…six drivers from three teams within 2 tenths…insane.

Game on, tomorrow

Luscion
Luscion

PlatinumZealot wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 17:07
Ouch!! Lewis looked the faster until Q3.

George got a bit of a tow for S1 and that was probably the difference..
Watching the GPS, it was a mess at the final turn for both, Perez is trying to tow Max so Russell catches up to him, making him have to slow down, Lewis is behind Russell so then he has to slow, now Max coming through on his flying lap so Lewis and George have to get out of the way, George tries to pass Perez before the start of his lap, Lewis has to wait on all 3 cars

Luscion
Luscion

i expect Lewis to make his way up to p4 fairly quickly tomorrow, Charles was on radio complaining about the car being difficult in the slow speed, race engineer said he was losing 2 tenths alone in turns 1 and 2. unsure if Max will be a threat tomorrow as it seems he has a car thats not very good this weekend.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Luscion wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 17:30
i expect Lewis to make his way up to p4 fairly quickly tomorrow, Charles was on radio complaining about the car being difficult in the slow speed, race engineer said he was losing 2 tenths alone in turns 1 and 2. unsure if Max will be a threat tomorrow as it seems he has a car thats not very good this weekend.
Ferrari is always better in the race. I'm a bit dissapointed with Lewis today. He was fast all weekend up until that session. He still has incredible race pace, but he gives himself too much work to do in the races. If he could start on pole, he would win in this car. Norris is not a better driver than him on Sunday.

Luscion
Luscion

AR3-GP wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 17:35
Luscion wrote:
Ferrari is always better in the race. I'm a bit dissapointed with Lewis today. He was fast all weekend up until that session. He still has incredible race pace, but he gives himself too much work to do in the races. If he could start on pole, he would win in this car. Norris is not a better driver than him on Sunday.
Yea its been a thing at a few races now where he's topping the times all weekend and then cant really deliver on the last runs in Q3. He's pretty disappointed in himself as well

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

Luscion wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 17:50
AR3-GP wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 17:35
Luscion wrote:
Yea its been a thing at a few races now where he's topping the times all weekend and then cant really deliver on the last runs in Q3. He's pretty disappointed in himself as well

Lewis has lost a couple of tenths in one lap pace. That’s what happens with age. You slow down. I expect it to be even worse next year against leclerc.

Luscion
Luscion

Man is really beating himself up today

SKYnRacing24

Yeah Hamilton fans better prepare for the worst imo. Age and not utilising his driving style with these cheese tyres are costing him bigtime. Fair play to Russell, He had limited running and still put ham in his place. Leclerc will steam role him next year. The regs are still the same and possibly the tyres. Tough times for Hamilton.
“And that’s part of the game, is being able to be adaptive, and we’ve got this new car – I don’t know how it’s going to handle, hopefully she’s great.”

Luscion
Luscion

SKYnRacing24 wrote:
31 Aug 2024, 18:23
Yeah Hamilton fans better prepare for the worst imo. Age and not utilising his driving style with these cheese tyres are costing him bigtime. Fair play to Russell, He had limited running and still put ham in his place. Leclerc will steam role him next year. The regs are still the same and possibly the tyres. Tough times for Hamilton.
A lot of this is just pessimistic Lewis imo, he always gets like this when he knows he could have gone better. did it last week saying he wouldnt even make it in the top ten, compared to the start of the year he has improved his quali a lot. the last 6 races he's qualified 3rd,5th,2nd,5th,4th, beating Russell 3 times, but he did get knocked out in Q2 last week.