Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
muelte
muelte

Re: Ferrari F2012

It seems from pictures that Ferrari didn't use these small turning vane in front of the main ones (lower arrows on drawing) on Monaco, did they?

italian
italian

Air flow on the F2012 from RAI : http://imgur.com/a/sNyoE#0 The images are big so I've created an album for avoiding problems. The second-last image is the old configuration, the last image is the new one. OT: Today terrible earthquake in Italy :(
Last edited by italian on 29 May 2012, 21:23, edited 1 time in total.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, but about the universe I still have some doubts." Albert Einstein

Kiril Varbanov

italian wrote:Air flow on the F2012 from RAI : http://imgur.com/a/sNyoE#0 The image are big so I've created an album for avoiding problems. The second-last image is the old configuration, the last image is the new one. OT: Today terrible earthquake in Italy :(
Yes, my thoughts are with them. In Bulgaria we had the same 5.8 Richter, fortunately just cracked walls and shocked people. Today we have gone through a new one, 3.8, epicenter 20 km away from me. No victims, just small damages as a result of law enforcing tight anti-earthquake building regulations. Sorry for the OT, but it's quite a topic here and in Italy.

In regards to the images from RAI - is there explanation on how did they derive the air flows? Was that a real simulation or just an extrapolation of what's visible?
Last edited by Kiril Varbanov on 29 May 2012, 14:25, edited 1 time in total.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

muelte wrote:It seems from pictures that Ferrari didn't use these small turning vane in front of the main ones (lower arrows on drawing) on Monaco, did they?
Those pictures are deceiving. I thought the same thing as you when I saw them, so I went and had a look at other pictures. The team in fact did use the turning vanes close to the barge boards. :)

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Diverter under the brake ducts

Alonso and Massa raced with different turning vanes under the nose. The Brazilian has used the split in the frame version like Red Bull (highlighted in the oval), while Alonso had the usual ones under the nose. By the brake duct inlet is a new air flow diverter similar to Red Bull that has been modified to allow greater air flow rearwards. Also introduced is a fairing in the area of brake cylinders to protect them from impact in changing the face like Mercedes

Edit:

Great picture of the Ferrari slots in the floor that are different to the RB style as there's a slit to the edge of the floor

via @tgruener

italian
italian

Kiril Varbanov wrote:
italian wrote:Air flow on the F2012 from RAI : http://imgur.com/a/sNyoE#0 The image are big so I've created an album for avoiding problems. The second-last image is the old configuration, the last image is the new one. OT: Today terrible earthquake in Italy :(
Yes, my thoughts are with them. In Bulgaria we had the same 5.8 Richter, fortunately just cracked walls and shocked people. Today we have gone through a new one, 3.8, epicenter 20 km away from me. No victims, just small damages as a result of law enforcing tight anti-earthquake building regulations. Sorry for the OT, but it's quite a topic here and in Italy.

In regards to the images from RAI - is there explanation on how did they derive the air flows? Was that a real simulation or just an extrapolation of what's visible?
I'm sorry, no explanation.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, but about the universe I still have some doubts." Albert Einstein

alogoc
alogoc

https://p.twimg.com/AuESVXMCQAAewNU.jpg

there is visible line where floor ends and diffuser starts!
how are they merging two parts together?
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

Teechnical

Heard about the earthquake in Italy. Apparently Maranello base was one of the worst affected, so work has been halted for three-four days. :(
So I don't think the team will bring too many upgrades to the car in Montreal, they are with their families.
"We have a new toy" - Fernando Alonso.

alogoc
alogoc

Teechnical wrote:Heard about the earthquake in Italy. Apparently Maranello base was one of the worst affected, so work has been halted for three-four days. :(
So I don't think the team will bring too many upgrades to the car in Montreal, they are with their families.

no factory wasn't affected at all!
people were sent home because some of their family members might of been affected by earthquake!
THE F2012!

elFranZ

alogoc wrote:
Teechnical wrote:Heard about the earthquake in Italy. Apparently Maranello base was one of the worst affected, so work has been halted for three-four days. :(

no factory wasn't affected at all!
people were sent home because some of their family members might of been affected by earthquake!
From Twitter:

@InsideFerrari
It is a quiet evening here at Maranello: tomorrow we will be back at work

alogoc
alogoc

The RB contraversial hole works in combo whit exhaust flow and since Ferrari is not blowing diffusor but beamwing area it not of theirs best interest to copy it right?
THE F2012!

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

alogoc wrote:The RB contraversial hole works in combo whit exhaust flow and since Ferrari is not blowing diffusor but beamwing area it not of theirs best interest to copy it right?
Ferrari already has 3 slots ahead of their rear tyre for the same reason Red Bull do. The only difference is a very very small slit that connects them to the edge of the floor. Either way both Ferrari & Saubers slot/s are the same as RB.

techF1LES

italian wrote:I think it's an interesting image: [img]http://media.gizmodo.co.uk/wp-content/u ... l2.jpg[img]
Nice view of an inerter, but unfortunately not F2012...
Last edited by Richard on 30 May 2012, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed image quoted from earlier post

Froggolo
Froggolo

source BlogF1.it

Pat Fry anticipa quello che sarà il pacchetto Evo per la classica del Québec: “In Canada porteremo alettoni nuovi, sia anteriore che posteriore, e proveremo un’altra versione degli scarichi”

Pat Fry anticipates what the Evo package will be for Montreal: "in Canada we will have new front and rear wings, and we will try another exhaust system"
Last edited by Froggolo on 02 Jun 2012, 12:14, edited 2 times in total.
Relax, man. Have an elliptical drink or something® ( bhallg2k )

Ozan
Ozan

new front+rear wings are inevitable because of the circuit's downforce level, but I wonder what will be the new exhaust system.