Lotus F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Scuderia Nuvolari
Scuderia Nuvolari

Re: Lotus F1 Team 2013

Donuts wrote:
iotar__ wrote:
Kiril Varbanov wrote:Kimi surgery went well - http://www.mtv.fi/sport/f1/uutiset.shtm ... ongelmitta

Again, no word on what exactly the problem was, which in my view is of extreme importance - as ex-pro-sports person and as someone who has had certain types of back surgery interventions.
Neither Lotus nor Ferrari responded to my question, which is the usual way F1 teams communicate (#poor)
Is it even surprising?

They should answer this: How much in pain was Raikkonen when he was visiting Ferrari on Thursday? His future employer and Lotus's direct competitor for third place. I guess he was well enough not to postpone a trip and it got worse 1 day after that. Abu Dhabi - nothing, Wednesday - nothing, Thursday Maranello - nothing, Friday "looking forward to USA" - nothing, Saturday - end of the season.

The most "surprising" part - Ferrari isn't worried about their new driver's health and have nothing to say about it. The fact that Quantum deal and connected to it signing of their favourite driver Hulkenberg isn't happening is another factor.
It's obvious that's what's happening here... sportsmanship means nothing.
Being a fan of Kimis, it is hard for me to comment on his sportsmanship.
Once when Nuvolari raced for Bianchi, he broke both legs in practice.
He had the doctor make the casts crooked, they tied him too the scooter and pushed him off.
They caught him after he won the race.

Didnt you guys know that Rubens had a trained pygmy mamaset that rode with him at all times.
Whenever he would start to overtake Shoemaker, that little critter would jump out of the cockpit, run out and push the N on the side of the car, there is a rumor going around that the scuderia still has him, he may poop in the pits a lot but he serves a very necessary function fo Ferrari.

stefan_
stefan_

A user on Reddit did some digging on who is Mansoor Ijaz / Quantum Motorsport and came up with some interesting things: http://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/commen ... e_quantum/

After reading this and some more articles related to it, I hope this guy goes away quickly. I would rather prefer Maldonado's PDVSA money than this hoax that could end up with the team disappearing.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

anzx
anzx

I don't know how bad the situation with Lotus actually is, but as it turned out they can sign Valsecchi, Kovalainen or Hulkenberg before Maldonado, if they sign Maldonado they will get some money, but other sponsors may run away from them, because Maldonado is not so popular to the people and he proved that yesterday by claiming against Williams that they gave him bad car... There are two ways in 2014 for Lotus (secured way and risky way), but in the end the secured way can be or will be worse decision than risky one, because I belive by singing Valsecchi, Kovalainen or Hulkenberg they will get more popularity and with that more sponsors aswell, we will see how it turns out, and about Quantum I'm in doubts too, can't trust this guy..

Juzh

I've read reddit post and recent article concerning quantum on autosport.com and it's clear as anything that this quantum deal has to be the biggest scam in F1 in a long time. There's just way too much fishy things going on. The sooner lotus come to terms with it the better.

piast9
piast9

It is strange. I am sure that Lotus' lawyers can do google search as well and in spite of that they still talk with that Quantum thing... Amazing. Last time we had something like this with that infamous Stefan GP trying to enter Toyota designed car in 2010.

lillschumi
lillschumi

Of course they all know it´s BS. That´s why everyone that have an opportunity is jumping the ship. Hulkenbergs advisors also noted that. Kovalainen has nothing to loose so he as well might stick with it.

From Lotus perspective i think they are finished. They have deep dept to be payed to current investors so any money coming in from some"deal" will go to paying that dept. I think they trying to keep the illusion that things is to happen so other sponsors (as Maldo and others) still will hold on to it´s obligations or if there is new signings in the pipe.

My prediction is that they will go out of business pretty soon, there will be investigations/lawsuits of how investors have been scamed. There is still value in the fascilities and they should have a decnt car for 2014 (as a lot of people just left last month) so one might wonder if there is someone going to buy the liquidation.

Blanchimont
Blanchimont

from http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 11301.html
Wird Quantum noch für seine 35 Prozent am Team bezahlen?

Lopez: Sie haben nur noch wenig Zeit. Entweder sie erfüllen ihre Vertragsverpflichtungen, oder wir müssen unsere Konsequenzen ziehen.

Translation:
Will Quantum still pay for the 35% stake in the team?

Lopez: They only have little time[to do so]. Either they fulfil their contract duties or we have to take the consequences.
Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

Juzh

In other words: we'll have to sign maldonado.

munudeges
munudeges

Of course. That scam operation was never going to put up any money and they were hoping to string Lotus along on IOUs like Qadbak did. Raikkonen and his manager sussed that out months ago.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

i'm starting to wonder whether the whole quantum deal perhaps is not neccesarily a 'scam', but more of a 'lie' created for another purpose. I didn't expect it but it indeed is starting to look a lot like it's never gonna happen, which makes me wonder how lotus could fall for such a thing, most guys here immediately were quite doubtfull, and with all do respect to them, i assume the F1 businessmen to be a lot more knowledge resourcefull - if so, then how could they fall for such a 'mirage'?
Unless, it was never gonna happen ANYWAYs. Makes me wonder.....was kimi never intending to stay at lotus after this year?
did lotus have other plans for a long time? Exactly when did this quantum/infinity deal pop up? and exactly when could there have been signs kimi was saying bye-bye? I remember there were rumours after he said at some drunk party to friends he'd be wearing red next year - that surely turned out to be true. when was that?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

xpensive
xpensive

munudeges wrote:Of course. That scam operation was never going to put up any money and they were hoping to string Lotus along on IOUs like Qadbak did. Raikkonen and his manager sussed that out months ago.
I seem to recall that we were both suspicious of this Geniital ownership to begin with, weren't we seg?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

ringo

anzx wrote:I don't know how bad the situation with Lotus actually is, but as it turned out they can sign Valsecchi, Kovalainen or Hulkenberg before Maldonado, if they sign Maldonado they will get some money, but other sponsors may run away from them, because Maldonado is not so popular to the people and he proved that yesterday by claiming against Williams that they gave him bad car... There are two ways in 2014 for Lotus (secured way and risky way), but in the end the secured way can be or will be worse decision than risky one, because I belive by singing Valsecchi, Kovalainen or Hulkenberg they will get more popularity and with that more sponsors aswell, we will see how it turns out, and about Quantum I'm in doubts too, can't trust this guy..
I highly doubt that.
Nothing beats oil money.. Nothing.

The driver is less relevant nowadays. After the helmet goes on, and we are seeing all that tech stuff with kers and mguh and what not, we'll soon forget who's behind the wheel. A well funded team makes a fast car that finishes up front. If the driver is a jerk, it doesn't really matter. The car is up front and people like winners.
A poorly funded team now, will make a slow car that finishes in the back. If the driver is popular and people like him, it doesn't really matter either. The car is in the back and sponsors will be very skeptical.
For Sure!!

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

stefan_ wrote:A user on Reddit did some digging on who is Mansoor Ijaz / Quantum Motorsport and came up with some interesting things: http://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/commen ... e_quantum/

After reading this and some more articles related to it, I hope this guy goes away quickly. I would rather prefer Maldonado's PDVSA money than this hoax that could end up with the team disappearing.
It's come from some top investigative work over on the autosport forum.

munudeges
munudeges

xpensive wrote:I seem to recall that we were both suspicious of this Geniital ownership to begin with, weren't we seg?
Raikkonen might make himself look like a bit of a dope outwardly, but he and his manager are anything but.

Maldonado and PDVSA is the only hope for that team now, and that's more of a statement of the current state of Formula 1 really. Anyone want to bet on where they will be with Maldonado and Grosjean?

xpensive
xpensive

I wonder how Maldonado is connected to PDVSA, if he gets a 30 kUSD-check in blanco to spend as he sees fit every season?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"