Williams FW35 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
tony77g
tony77g

Re: Williams FW35 Renault

stefan_ wrote:China 2013 - Sunday (14.04.2013)

http://www.motorsportgp.pl/images/data/ ... 13-063.jpg
is a heater, also used in the aeronautical field

stefan_
stefan_

Bahrain 2013 - Wednesday (17.04.2013)

via Dickie Stanford
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Gridlock

Low res, but still

Via Dickie Stanford, of course (although this isn't the most interesting photo on his twitter account this week! Oopsie..)

Sevach
Sevach

Low drag wing for Bahrain? Let's see if it works.

stefan_
stefan_

Bahrain 2013 - Thursday (18.04.2013)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

R_Redding
R_Redding

While listening to the BBC 5Live commentary of Bahrain FP1...

There was a conversation between Gary Anderson and Susie Wolfe..

GA postulated that the problem withe the FW35 was related to its anti dive geometry and how it recovered.

Specifically..How the car would rise from a dive when entering a corner and how the downforce/coanda would re-attach as the corner progressed. GA said it looked very inconsistent and un-nerving for the drivers...a problem which he'd had with his own cars in the past.

Susie Wolfes reaction was quite telling.. Here reaction came across as "How the hell do you know that"....while actually saying "I cant really comment on that as I cant really give our secrets away"..

Rob

stefan_
stefan_

Bahrain 2013 - Friday (19.04.2013)

Godius

The new RW looks like a more extreme version of the Force India RW.

Seamus
Seamus

Huntresa
Huntresa

Godius wrote:The new RW looks like a more extreme version of the Force India RW.
When did FI run a spooned RW?

Only team before Williams started running spoon like 2 years ago were Renault and now sauber aswell.

stefan_
stefan_

Bahrain 2013 - Friday (19.04.2013)

via Dickie Stanford

Godius

Huntresa wrote:
Godius wrote:The new RW looks like a more extreme version of the Force India RW.
Only team before Williams started running spoon like 2 years ago were Renault and now sauber aswell.
I remember the spoon wing of williams that they introduced 2 years ago but it failed to deliver, quite miserably.

roadie

Well it was on the FW33 wasn't it!?

Bahrain is an odd track. I don't expect the team to get near the points, but I'm hoping the drivers are not just racing each other.

The exhaust looks so basic compared to some other coanda solutions. Hopefully this is the last we will see of this particular iteration, with something producing better performance in Spain.

Pierce89

Godius wrote:
Huntresa wrote:
I remember the spoon wing of williams that they introduced 2 years ago but it failed to deliver, quite miserably.
I'd say that spoon wing you're talking about was fine. The rear wing isn't normally a performance differentiater (other than drs) in modern f1, as its easy for any f1 team to develop an efficient powerful wing in mostly free stream air. James Allison went so far as to say that before DRS the rear wing was the easiest part of a car to develop. In 2011 this was the least of Williams' problems.

“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

stefan_
stefan_

Bahrain 2013 - Sunday (21.04.2013)

via Dickie Stanford
Last edited by stefan_ on 21 Apr 2013, 20:57, edited 2 times in total.