Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
amouzouris

Re: Ferrari F2012

Ozan wrote:new front+rear wings are inevitable because of the circuit's downforce level, but I wonder what will be the new exhaust system.
they will give blowing the diffuser another go i guess... Canada would reward a blown diffuser as they can run the rear wing at a lower AoA...and it will help with traction out of the slow corners of canada!

Cam

Ozan wrote:new front+rear wings are inevitable because of the circuit's downforce level, but I wonder what will be the new exhaust system.
Maybe the hole in the RB floor will be allowed, so Ferrari need to move back to this area as there's probably more development to be had in that area? Ferrari blow the beam now don't they?
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Froggolo wrote:source BlogF1.it

Pat Fry anticipa quello che sarà il pacchetto Evo per la classica del Québec: “In Canada porteremo alettoni nuovi, sia anteriore che posteriore, e proveremo un’altra versione degli scarichi”

Pat Fry anticipates what will be the Evo package for Montreal: "in Canada we will have new front and rear wings, and we will try another exhaust system"
This is what Pat Fry said on the most recent edition of Scuderia Ferrari Racing News the team posted a week ago--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ6w5KJe ... e=g-user-u

I think we all expected different FW & RW for Canada seeing how it's a low downforce setup circuit, but what's most interesting about Fry's comments is when he spoke of the exhaust he said "there will be new versions" of the exhaust, as in plural. He said they have a much better understanding of the exhaust now, but different versions coming is rather interesting.

@Cam Ferrari has holes in the floor like Red Bull, nothing new there. One of the floor/diffuser combo tested in pre-season testing had the holes in the floor but wasn't used until Bahrain.

Chuckjr

Go to work and get the early photos Crucial buddy! I know we can count on you!
No pressure though! [-o< :)
Watching F1 since 1986.

Gridlock

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:..what's most interesting about Fry's comments is when he spoke of the exhaust he said "there will be new versions" of the exhaust, as in plural..
Just to temper this, I would point out Ferrari still run 2 cars at most GP weekends ;)

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Gridlock wrote:
Crucial_Xtreme wrote:..what's most interesting about Fry's comments is when he spoke of the exhaust he said "there will be new versions" of the exhaust, as in plural..
Just to temper this, I would point out Ferrari still run 2 cars at most GP weekends ;)
:lol: Of course. In the video though Fry implies that there will be more than just one new exhaust solution tried on both cars. :))

alogoc
alogoc

wesley123 wrote:I agree with alogoc, they probably will try a new, more McLaren-esque solution soon.
Fry said that ultimately getting the gases down to the floor is the best way!!!

So they will try that no doubt!
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Recent chat that was directed at general exhaust variants and their use including other cars has been moved into the appropriate discussion:
:arrow: 2012 Exhaust Blowing & Coanda
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

alogoc
alogoc

How much of a chance is there for Ferrari to have a DDRS in Canada?
And if so can the DDRS tubes go somehow around the chassis not trough it?
THE F2012!

Huntresa
Huntresa

alogoc wrote:How much of a chance is there for Ferrari to have a DDRS in Canada?
And if so can the DDRS tubes go somehow around the chassis not trough it?
There is no point in making a DDRS when there is SO much better updates to get.

shelly
shelly

What SO much better updates? front and rear wing?
twitter: @armchair_aero

Huntresa
Huntresa

Normal updates for the car is SO much better then DDRS.

alogoc
alogoc

Huntresa wrote:Normal updates for the car is SO much better then DDRS.
Do you know the nature of Canada circuit?
THE F2012!

Byronrhys

LOl, you sound like you have no idea what you are talking about, but I see your point although later in the year we will get some circuits which the DDRS will be immense at, i'm sure they have a model of it already and some R&D on it like half of the teams on the grid and Mclaren's even might be used this week.

Huntresa
Huntresa

Byronrhys wrote:
LOl, you sound like you have no idea what you are talking about, but I see your point although later in the year we will get some circuits which the DDRS will be immense at, i'm sure they have a model of it already and some R&D on it like half of the teams on the grid and Mclaren's even might be used this week.
What makes me sound like i dont know what im talking about? Its not like i can sit and mention and write down every part of the car that would be better of with updates then going for a DDRS. Also its not like Mercedes have dominated on circuits with long straigts so far this year.