2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
taperoo2k
taperoo2k

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

CMC wrote:
29 Aug 2024, 17:35
This sounds pretty dire to me, and makes me think it's ever more likely RBR could flounder enough for Max to lose the WDC, particularly if Lando doesn't drop any points due to reliability issues.
I think Max has enough of a points advantage to win the world title if only by a few points. Going to back to a predictable configuration isn't a bad idea for Redbull. Especially as they'll be wanting to discover how they went wrong with the car design so they can see if they've made similar mistakes with the RB21 that will be in development.
organic wrote:
30 Aug 2024, 14:48
I expect the weekend to be difficult due to this wing, despite how positive one lap pace seemed
You can't pin poor performance on just one element of a package. The RB20 hasn't been performing as Max has wanted for a long while now. If anything Max has extracted everything out of the car, whereas Perez hasn't.

venkyhere
venkyhere

Xyz22 wrote:
30 Aug 2024, 14:40

Think quali will be competitive. Big question mark is race pace compared to McL which also looks very fast in the straights.
IMHO, race pace order wont differ much with Q pace order - there are just 6 corners.
Kerb riding and engine-mode knob set to 11 for straightline acceleration, is where the game really is. IMHO.
taperoo2k wrote:
30 Aug 2024, 14:57
I think Max has enough of a points advantage to win the world title if only by a few points. Going to back to a predictable configuration isn't a bad idea for Redbull. Especially as they'll be wanting to discover how they went wrong with the car design so they can see if they've made similar mistakes with the RB21 that will be in development.
That the McLaren is vastly superior over 'downforce tracks' whether it be low/mid/high in race trim (where tyre wear and fuel load come into play) is glaringly evident.
It only remains to be seen how the two of them stack up at low downforce tracks - SPA was a prime candidate to check this, but botched wing level selections, engine penalties, shortening of DRS zones etc etc took away the 'representative picture' that we all hoped to see. This Monza track (even here there are kerb changes, fresh tarmac etc) will possibly tell us the story. If McLaren win comfortably here as well, Verstappen's title is a writeoff , unless Norris makes mistakes or McLaren fail to issue team orders.
Last edited by venkyhere on 30 Aug 2024, 15:57, edited 1 time in total.

Sergej
Sergej

Marko is quite positive after FP1

"The track has become faster with every lap, but the balance has clearly improved and that's what we were looking for. You have to consider the weight of the different cars, but I think we have improved and the car is more predictable. If we keep making good steps now, I will be positive.

"The kerbs [in Turn 1 and 2] have clearly become flatter. Last year that was a handicap for us, despite winning everything. The high temperatures also suit us, although I think during the weekend the grip will improve and we will lose some speed. We are actually missing speed especially in sector 1. If we can minimise that, I think we can perform quite well."

RB very low on engine as usual, let's see how the weekend evolves; I don't expect a winning performance though.

venkyhere
venkyhere

Sergej wrote:
30 Aug 2024, 15:51
I've stopped believing anything this old man says, after he said that the 0.4s advantage in qualifying in Austria, was from a 'race pace' update they did after FP3. It turned out to be a total BS statement. Race pace got ruined.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

venkyhere wrote:
30 Aug 2024, 15:59
Sergej wrote:
I've stopped believing anything this old man says, after he said after Q in Austria, that the 0.4s advantage in qualifying was from a 'race pace' update they did after FP3. It turned out to be a total BS statement. Race pace got ruined.
He also said on Friday in Hungary that the update worked. :lol:

I don't think there's much to learn from free practice. You don't know what teams are doing. Track will evolve a lot. We'll just have to wait for qualy and the race.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Sergej wrote:

"The track has become faster with every lap, but the balance has clearly improved and that's what we were looking for. You have to consider the weight of the different cars, but I think we have improved and the car is more predictable. If we keep making good steps now, I will be positive.

"The kerbs [in Turn 1 and 2] have clearly become flatter. Last year that was a handicap for us, despite winning everything. The high temperatures also suit us, although I think during the weekend the grip will improve and we will lose some speed. We are actually missing speed especially in sector 1. If we can minimise that, I think we can perform quite well."

RB very low on engine as usual, let's see how the weekend evolves; I don't expect a winning performance though.
I don't see this as positive.
If we keep making good steps now, I will be positive.
"If" is conditional :lol:

The high temperatures also suit us, although I think during the weekend the grip will improve and we will lose some speed.
He says they will lose speed.
We are actually missing speed especially in sector 1. If we can minimise that, I think we can perform quite well."
"If", "I think", He has promised us nothing :lol:
Last edited by AR3-GP on 30 Aug 2024, 16:04, edited 1 time in total.

search

venkyhere wrote:
30 Aug 2024, 15:59
Sergej wrote:
I've stopped believing anything this old man says, after he said that the 0.4s advantage in qualifying in Austria, was from a 'race pace' update they did after FP3. It turned out to be a total BS statement. Race pace got ruined.
"The track has become faster every lap" is also not really a positive note, as Verstappen took his new set of softs sth like 20 minutes later than the others.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

search wrote:
30 Aug 2024, 16:04
"The track has become faster every lap" is also not really a positive note, as Verstappen took his new set of softs sth like 20 minutes later than the others.
The f1-tempo update has a toggle for session time of each lap. It's only a 5 minutes difference between the new soft runs of Verstappe, Norris, and Piastri. Hamilton was 20 minutes earlier.

The times are meaningless anyway. Unknown fuel and engine settings.

Xyz22
Xyz22

:oops:
venkyhere wrote:
30 Aug 2024, 15:46
Xyz22 wrote:
30 Aug 2024, 14:40

Think quali will be competitive. Big question mark is race pace compared to McL which also looks very fast in the straights.
IMHO, race pace order wont differ much with Q pace order - there are just 6 corners.
Kerb riding and engine-mode knob set to 11 for straightline acceleration, is where the game really is. IMHO.
taperoo2k wrote:
30 Aug 2024, 14:57
That the McLaren is vastly superior over 'downforce tracks' whether it be low/mid/high in race trim (where tyre wear and fuel load come into play) is glaringly evident.
It only remains to be seen how the two of them stack up at low downforce tracks - SPA was a prime candidate to check this, but botched wing level selections, engine penalties, shortening of DRS zones etc etc took away the 'representative picture' that we all hoped to see. This Monza track (even here there are kerb changes, fresh tarmac etc) will possibly tell us the story. If McLaren win comfortably here as well, Verstappen's title is a writeoff , unless Norris makes mistakes or McLaren fail to issue team orders.
In 2022 and 2023 Ferrari and RB were close in quali, but in the race RB was miles quicker. I don’t expect such a difference this year between teams but implying no major changes from Q to race due to the track layout is not correct in my opinion.

search

AR3-GP wrote:
30 Aug 2024, 16:07
The f1-tempo update has a toggle for session time of each lap. It's only a 5 minutes difference between the new soft runs of Verstappe, Norris, and Piastri. Hamilton was 20 minutes earlier.
yeah, 20 was a bit exaggerated, but he started his run on new softs significantly later than most others:

HAM -26 minutes
SAI -13 minutes
LEC -13 minutes
PIA -6 minutes
NOR -5 minutes

Hamilton's accumulated best sector times were only a tenth off, by the way.

venkyhere
venkyhere

AR3-GP wrote:
30 Aug 2024, 16:07
search wrote:
30 Aug 2024, 16:04

The times are meaningless anyway. Unknown fuel and engine settings.
I went and looked at the fastest laps of NOR and VER. Can't really conclude anything, engine modes are unknown etc. The only thing that looked reasonably 'inferable' was :
NOR dominating straights due to lower wing levels, VER has more downforce so is faster in the two Lesmo curves and massively faster in Parabolica.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Perez might have a problem with car. No sign of going out after 15 mins of FP2.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

The car isn't good. Losing the rear on both the mediums and the softs.

Sergej
Sergej

huge point loss incoming ? :twisted:

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

The race sim is very positive.

edit: for 7 laps...