Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
bhall
bhall

Re: Ferrari F2012

I think those are definitely different sized flaps. It's not a huge difference, but it's there and it's not just down to camera angle.

alogoc
alogoc

how many of you think that the experience Ferrari is gaining whit the pull-rod front suspension this year will be very very useful and give them slight advantage in 2014?
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Good shot of the F2012's floor

Just linking to save bandwidth because it's a large image
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5341/594277787.jpg
via @F1alaUne
Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme on 07 Jun 2012, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.

LightningArrow

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:Good shot of the F2012's floor

right click>view image
via @F1alaUne
This is mugello exhaust ? Where is acer duct ? :)

aral
aral

bhallg2k wrote:I think those are definitely different sized flaps. It's not a huge difference, but it's there and it's not just down to camera angle.
They are boith the same. It is just that the bottom wing is at a lower angle to the camera. No.5 wing you can see the underside of the nose, as it is above camera, whilst the camera is looking down on the 6 nose. No mystery, no conspiracy.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

If you look at the picture I posted earlier of the floor today in Montreal and then look back to a picture from Mugello you can see the curved vertical strake on the floor has made an appearance for testing in Canada. This has only been used in Mugello when Fernando tested out the long exhaust extension-silver turning vane next to tyre-curved vertical strake

Montreal
Original

Mugello
Original

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

Another view of the front wing. I still think they are different.

Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Owen.C93 wrote:Another view of the front wing. I still think they are different.

]
Yes they're different wings. No "perspective" tricks

Edit: More pics from today

FrukostScones

FakeAlonso wrote:Two different front wings?

if they are different then Massa and Alonso will run/prefer different-one?
I think top flaps/planes are at different angle adjusted, shape seems identical. Just the size looks different. (no I didn't copy Beelseboob)
Last edited by FrukostScones on 07 Jun 2012, 20:49, edited 2 times in total.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

beelsebob
beelsebob

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
Owen.C93 wrote:Another view of the front wing. I still think they are different.

]
Yes they're different wings. No "perspective" tricks

I still don't see the difference – if you're referring to the "wibble" over the rear edge of the number 5 wing, that's not the rear edge, that's the cascade in front of it.

I think the number 6 wing may have a tiny bit more AoA in it, but that's just an adjustment, not a different wing.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

beelsebob wrote:
I still don't see the difference – if you're referring to the "wibble" over the rear edge of the number 5 wing, that's not the rear edge, that's the cascade in front of it.

I think the number 6 wing may have a tiny bit more AoA in it, but that's just an adjustment, not a different wing.
No I'm referring to the size of the top element with the red logo. The flap, the entire flap is smaller on the top wing than the bottom in my opinion.

@FrukostScones yes the shape is the same, I believe the size is different.
Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme on 07 Jun 2012, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

I've change my mind. It's just a totally different AoA.

beelsebob
beelsebob

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
beelsebob wrote:

No I'm referring to the size of the top element with the red logo. The flap, the entire flap is smaller on the top wing than the bottom in my opinion.
I don't think so, just different camera angle, and more AoA on the bottom one.

FrukostScones

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
beelsebob wrote:

yep, thats we are talking about, logo looks flat on 5 but same size.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

Here's another view that shows the low AoA and the true size of the flap (which is the same as the lower one IMO).