2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Emag
Emag

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

I dont think it looks bad to be honest. It's a great homage to Senna. The red and white is more associated with Marlboro than McLaren/Senna.

mwillems

I really like the Monaco livery. LOVE the livery on the Mclaren Senna, particularly from the front with the green washed a little with Yellow and the blue washed with light blue to look almost oceanic.

And the seventies style bellbottom writing on the wing :D
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

Xero

Looks pretty good to me! Makes it more about Senna rather than the cars he drove. I'm sure there's still something blocking use of the Marlboro livery, whether it's inferred cigarette marketing or possibly some copyright applying to other cars out with the original purpose.

SilviuAgo

My first reaction was to be disappointed...but if I look closer....WOW

Ben1980
Ben1980

Hard to be disappointed, I think its a great tribute. It screams Senna..Red and white screamed smoking.

mclaren111

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Can't help but be reminded of the Camel Benetton Ford cars from 91-93.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

It is a great livery. Maybe they teased red and white too much but I really like it, especially as a Senna tribute.

This is also how you do a tribute livery (looking at you "blue" Ferrari).

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

How glad I am that all those who wanted it and wrote about the red and white livery turned out to be wrong. :D I usually don't care about the livery, as long as it's not pink. But red and white was around a long time ago and belonged to Marlboro cigarettes. So the shade that the team presented looks fresh.

chrisgr
chrisgr

LionsHeart wrote:
21 May 2024, 16:28
How glad I am that all those who wanted it and wrote about the red and white livery turned out to be wrong. :D I usually don't care about the livery, as long as it's not pink. But red and white was around a long time ago and belonged to Marlboro cigarettes. So the shade that the team presented looks fresh.
I wanted the livery to be red and white because I haven't thought of this combination of colors! Great idea once again. =D>

mwillems

I love the Red and White and would have been brilliant to see it, especially as turn back the years to become like the team of old, but this looks great.

It's a shame that they can't wash the blue and green out a bit like they did with the Mclaren Senna, but I guess that might make the sponsorship harder to make out.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

bauc

The Monaco one off livery dedicated to Senna is fine, too shame we cant replicate the Marlboro one.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Macklaren
Macklaren

Red/white would not be that unique anymore after last year's triple crown livery and this year's Alex Rossi indycar livery. This is a little busy but very unique and memorable

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

Are Phillip Morris still involved in the sponsorship of Ferrari in any way?? That might prevent a red and white McLaren livery due to the association with Malborough...

I love the Senna tribute though. Wonder what the overalls and helmets will be!!
If I come across as blunt, I apologise, it's my ASD. Sometimes, like an F1 car aqua-planing, it gets out of my control.

Kaluh McLaren
Kaluh McLaren

With all the nostalgia and how much I remember and loved watching a white and red Marboro McLaren race under Senna, this livery is brilliant.

After all the tribute is to Ayrton Senna da Silva and not Marboro. To me, they definitely have found the perfect tribute for him and to his fans that would wait to see one of his wins in which he would take out his beautiful Brazilian flag and waive it around the circuit on his celebratory lap.

It gives me goosebumps and I am wowed. For the record, I am not Brazilian, I am from the US and have been watching Formula One since the mid 80s

Adelante McLaren #sempreSenna