2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CouncilorIrissa
CouncilorIrissa

Re: 2023 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

All of the world's famous circuses might just close up shop, as they can't realistically compete with F1.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Why Ferrari didn't change everything on Carlos car PU wise in order to be more competitive in Abu Dhabi?

He will start P11 at best for the race.

Vanja #66

This sport is a complete joke. Mercedes are the saddest bunch of hypocrites on the grid.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Xyz22
Xyz22

Max will still be the favourite for the race but we are looking quite good.

organic

Charles P1 quali -> P2 looks likely based on what I've seen from Fp2. Car is hooked up over a lap and does not suffer with graining on teh medium. Both Sainz and Charles significantly better than Checo on long run but a few tenths adrift of Max

organic

organic wrote:
17 Nov 2023, 14:39
Charles P1 quali -> P2 looks likely based on what I've seen from Fp2. Car is hooked up over a lap and does not suffer with graining on teh medium. Both Sainz and Charles significantly better than Checo on long run but a few tenths adrift of Max
Duchessa's more optimistic for Ferrari"s chances. Says that it's hard to unpick true form from the data

Xyz22
Xyz22

deadhead

that slide was probably essential to warm up the tires

aleks_ader

deadhead wrote:
17 Nov 2023, 19:25
that slide was probably essential to warm up the tires
I love your sarcasm sir. :lol:
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

organic

Charles: "It looks good for now. I like the track, it’s fun to drive. I always liked street tracks but this one is a good one. We look quite strong for now. It’s difficult to understand exactly where we are in race pace, but in quali pace we seem strong. We still have to work and try to do a step forward for tomorrow, but it’s a good start."

Interviewer: Do feel like you can take the fight to Red Bull for this weekend, given the pace we have seen from you this afternoon, this evening, this morning? I am not sure where we are now?

Charles: "Probably morning now."

Charles: "I think in qualifying as always we’ll be there, but in race pace I think they’re still too strong. Max has done a really good race sim, so as always, for sure they will be strong on [race day] but in qualifying tomorrow we’ll be close."

I think P2s up for grabs but P1s just a bit out of reach especially with Carlos starting behind because of the penalty. I feel like we haven't really seen the real pace of the Mclarens/Mercs either, especially Lando so FP3 should clear some things up.

Xyz22
Xyz22

organic wrote:
17 Nov 2023, 22:41
Charles: "It looks good for now. I like the track, it’s fun to drive. I always liked street tracks but this one is a good one. We look quite strong for now. It’s difficult to understand exactly where we are in race pace, but in quali pace we seem strong. We still have to work and try to do a step forward for tomorrow, but it’s a good start."

Interviewer: Do feel like you can take the fight to Red Bull for this weekend, given the pace we have seen from you this afternoon, this evening, this morning? I am not sure where we are now?

Charles: "Probably morning now."

Charles: "I think in qualifying as always we’ll be there, but in race pace I think they’re still too strong. Max has done a really good race sim, so as always, for sure they will be strong on [race day] but in qualifying tomorrow we’ll be close."

I think P2s up for grabs but P1s just a bit out of reach especially with Carlos starting behind because of the penalty. I feel like we haven't really seen the real pace of the Mclarens/Mercs either, especially Lando so FP3 should clear some things up.
Red Bull is just so --- quick

Matt2725
Matt2725

Vanja #66 wrote:
17 Nov 2023, 13:28
This sport is a complete joke. Mercedes are the saddest bunch of hypocrites on the grid.
Ferrari would have done the exact same.
Although I'm not sure why we're assuming unverified reports that Mercedes blocked anything. They've said no such vote was held.

f1316
f1316

Motorsport reckon Ferrari are in the hunt, even on race pace: https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/what- ... /10547839/

If indeed this is true - and Ferrari have stronger straightline speed - it's possible Charles can stay ahead, even if Max has a small raw pace advantage in the race.

organic

f1316 wrote:
18 Nov 2023, 00:38
Motorsport reckon Ferrari are in the hunt, even on race pace: https://us.motorsport.com/f1/news/what- ... /10547839/

If indeed this is true - and Ferrari have stronger straightline speed - it's possible Charles can stay ahead, even if Max has a small raw pace advantage in the race.
Hmm they haven't even picked up on the fact that Ferrari aren't running their Monza wing. So not sure if it should be looked too far into.. there's also not a clear sign in the Friday telemetry that Ferrari will have any advantage in terms of top speed over RB given that ferrari's spa wing is similar to that of RB's low downforce wing. Speed trace has Perez about level with Charles on the straights (with max a fair bit slower - possibly pu mode)

organic