2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
KimiRai
KimiRai

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

Nikosar wrote:
08 Sep 2024, 10:20
Yes the rumours are true, it is a done deal with the capital fund Accel and private credit HPS Investment Partners that are set to invest between 1,5 and 2 billion $.
I think that's a bit misleading. Those figures that were mentioned "between £1.5bn and £2bn" are the valuation that was placed on the whole team. So if they'll buy 20% to 25%, that should equate to between £0.3bn and £0.5bn (lower estimate and higher estimate).

KimiRai
KimiRai

They may have improved just a tiny bit this year in pitstops, but lots of room for improvement yet. Hegedus has plenty of work ahead

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

I came from november 2026 [-o< :-D :-D

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Acceptable :lol:

KimiRai
KimiRai

There should still be an evolution left this season according to the latest information. Allegedly Alonso is pushing the team for it to arrive before the 3-week break, we'll see whether that happens or not. He's anxious because so far they haven't come up with an evolution that improves the car and he's tired of excuses

I agree with Alonso that the team needs to do a much better job overall regardless of the coming Newey announcement. Ideally they start to improve before Newey arrives so at least he doesn't find a total mess :lol:

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

KimiRai wrote:
08 Sep 2024, 20:58
There should still be an evolution left this season according to the latest information. Allegedly Alonso is pushing the team for it to arrive before the 3-week break, we'll see whether that happens or not. He's anxious because so far they haven't come up with an evolution that improves the car and he's tired of excuses

I agree with Alonso that the team needs to do a much better job overall regardless of the coming Newey announcement. Ideally they start to improve before Newey arrives so at least he doesn't find a total mess :lol:
Remember when Fallows arrived and saw the original AMR22...

zoroastar

KimiRai wrote:
08 Sep 2024, 20:58

he better be careful. expecting his team to improve is getting dangerously close to what his haters always call his "toxic" personality within the team. when most of them wouldve had a meltdown by now under similar circumstances. i know if i had sat around without a good update in 2 years i would be very toxic by now.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Well, Austin would be the perfect opportunity to introduce a major upgrade, as it is a "real race track" after a 4 weeks break, but it's a sprint weekend...
Mexico is never good with the high altitude.

So I guess they need to bring it now or never, at least parts of it. As Miquel hinted already months ago.

Baku and Singapore should be good for the car, as there are no long corners. Best opportunity will be Sao Paulo again.

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

-wkst- wrote:
09 Sep 2024, 08:58
Well, Austin would be the perfect opportunity to introduce a major upgrade, as it is a "real race track" after a 4 weeks break, but it's a sprint weekend...
Mexico is never good with the high altitude.

So I guess they need to bring it now or never, at least parts of it. As Miquel hinted already months ago.

Baku and Singapore should be good for the car, as there are no long corners. Best opportunity will be Sao Paulo again.
The problem that nothing good for the car.Monaco wasn't good,Hungary wasn't good,Spa wasn't good. So I don't know what you mean by good for the car. They have problem or problems and effects those on every track.

-wkst-
-wkst-

Yeah, but some things are even worse or way worse, like long corners, where the car understeers heavily.

No coincidence that the car worked better in Bahrain or Canada. Sao Paulo will be the closest to them, but also Baku and Singapore will be better than many other tracks.

In my opinion it would be so important for the mood and confidence of the engineers when they finally nail an update...

GoranF1
GoranF1

Rikrikrik wrote:
08 Sep 2024, 20:48
I came from november 2026 [-o< :-D :-D

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GW5FWI0XkAAvKnR.jpg
Alonso will secure title 7 races before end.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

jofs89
jofs89

-wkst- wrote:
09 Sep 2024, 10:34
Yeah, but some things are even worse or way worse, like long corners, where the car understeers heavily.

No coincidence that the car worked better in Bahrain or Canada. Sao Paulo will be the closest to them, but also Baku and Singapore will be better than many other tracks.

In my opinion it would be so important for the mood and confidence of the engineers when they finally nail an update...
For me, this is the biggest worry. We have been talking about long radius corners being a big weakness of the car since Spain last year. That is an eternity in F1. To be seemingly no clearer to understand and rectifying the issue is a very bad sign in my view.

KimiRai
KimiRai

peewon

KimiRai wrote:
09 Sep 2024, 17:07
It'll be interesting to look at how they structure their staff vis-a-vis the cost cap considering all the big names they have on board now. Clearly Newey will be one of the exempt based on his salary. Krack and Fallows are there. There's Andy Cowell replacing Whitmarsh (dont know if he counts). Then there is Luca Furbatto and Eric Blandin. Tom McCullough and Bob Bell are also there. I imagine all these guys were paid well to come to AM. Some sackings possible?

KimiRai
KimiRai

peewon wrote:
09 Sep 2024, 19:03
It'll be interesting to look at how they structure their staff vis-a-vis the cost cap considering all the big names they have on board now. Clearly Newey will be one of the exempt based on his salary. Krack and Fallows are there. There's Andy Cowell replacing Whitmarsh (dont know if he counts). Then there is Luca Furbatto and Eric Blandin. Tom McCullough and Bob Bell are also there. I imagine all these guys were paid well to come to AM. Some sackings possible?
Or some clever financial engineering :wink: