2014 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Chene

Re: 2014 Malaysian Grand Prix - Sepang

Dyanxx wrote:
Chene wrote:Bernie's "rain on demand" idea might become the saving grace of the Prius racing series.
What's the problem? Vettel no longer cruising so you're upset?
Yip... he took a lot of flack for cruising but I guess it is OK now... It was always said we need racing... starting from pole and pulling a gap and then managing the gap was not considered racing But it is a lot closer now, this was the most exiting race in the last 4 years.
Last edited by Chene on 30 Mar 2014, 12:43, edited 1 time in total.
All these nice people saying I'm going to be world champion won't make me any faster, you have to believe it yourself. - Sebastian Vettel

Poleman

el-Magico wrote:
Chene wrote: almost as sickening as the Velcro fluff under Lewis' cap...
+1 hahahaha! =D> :lol:
I wouldn't be surprised if in the next race we will see criticism about a loose stitching in Hamilton's overalls... :roll:

Bomber_Pilot

Anyone watching Sky right now? :D Friendly police :D

gray41

Eat it…?
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

Chene

Poleman wrote:
el-Magico wrote:
Chene wrote: almost as sickening as the Velcro fluff under Lewis' cap...
+1 hahahaha! =D> :lol:
I wouldn't be surprised if in the next race we will see criticism about a loose stitching in Hamilton's overalls... :roll:
Just making up for the lack of on-track exitement :roll:
All these nice people saying I'm going to be world champion won't make me any faster, you have to believe it yourself. - Sebastian Vettel

Bomber_Pilot

Chene wrote:
Dyanxx wrote:
Chene wrote:Bernie's "rain on demand" idea might become the saving grace of the Prius racing series.
What's the problem? Vettel no longer cruising so you're upset?
Yip... he took a lot of flack for cruising but I guess it is OK now... It was always said we need racing... starting from pole and pulling a gap and then managing the gap was not considered racing But it is a lot closer now, this was the most exiting race in the last 4 years.
Did Traction register under another name? :D But yea, same thing as the second half of last year. Same s***, different people... But don't worry. RB will be in the mix for first place quite soon I think.

GrandAxe
GrandAxe

beelsebob wrote:
GrandAxe wrote:Paffffffffff goes the "thinking driver" theory.
Hmm? Are you implying that the winner didn't think this race? I saw a lot of very intelligent driving to keep the car running optimally.
The winner was not supposed to have much thinking abilities according to the fad trustees.

Emerson.F
Emerson.F

Great drive by Lewis, Hulkenberg also drove fantastic today. Lewis was faster, more fuel efficient and was softer on the tyres than Nico today. Well done sir. Melbourne would've been different had Lewis had 6 cylinders. Nice drive by Rosberg keeping Vettel at bay. Too bad for Ricciardo.

Toto was like
Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

Chene

Dragonfly wrote:Hasn't anyone been disqualified yet?
This might become the most exiting part of the race weekends - Any idea what the TV schedule is for the RB/FIA appeal =D>

siskue2005

Andthen01 wrote:Would nice to see fuel used % in the live timing. They clearly have the real time data
Exactly what I was thinking

SiLo

People seem to assume that Red Bull will out develop everyone else, personally I think the teams develop at fairly similar rates it's just when they decide to focus more on the next year. I think Mercedes will develop hard the entire year to make sure they win the championships.

Great win for Merc, great to see both RB drivers up there as well! Shame for a wet qualifying with Williams being out of position again, but at least it made for some entertaining racing.
Felipe Baby!

Chene

siskue2005 wrote:
Andthen01 wrote:Would nice to see fuel used % in the live timing. They clearly have the real time data
Exactly what I was thinking
The new breed of Motor sport followers... I want to see who is the most economical.
My late dad got me watching F1 and he will be turning in his grave. sad, sad indeed.
We should also measure their Co2 and Nox emissions and penalise the offending drivers.

Rikhart
Rikhart

What a borefest. This new F1 is making it hard to watch, not only they have the tyres, but now the fuel saving.

siskue2005

Wrong post deleted
Last edited by siskue2005 on 30 Mar 2014, 13:14, edited 6 times in total.

Bomber_Pilot

SiLo wrote:People seem to assume that Red Bull will out develop everyone else, personally I think the teams develop at fairly similar rates it's just when they decide to focus more on the next year. I think Mercedes will develop hard the entire year to make sure they win the championships.

Great win for Merc, great to see both RB drivers up there as well! Shame for a wet qualifying with Williams being out of position again, but at least it made for some entertaining racing.
It's not that RB will out develop everyone else. In my opinion at least, RB are already ahead of everyone else on their part. Once they get their PU to work with Neweys ( and I can't tell you how hard it is for me to write Neweys, since there are so many people who have as much to do with the car as Newey and are never credited ) bonkers shrink wrap design, they will be a force to reckon with.
Last edited by Bomber_Pilot on 30 Mar 2014, 13:05, edited 1 time in total.