Renault R30

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Ciro Pabón

Re: Renault R30

I erased some posts totally unrelated with this thread and mildly funny. Move on, citizen, nothing to see here.
Ciro

forty-two

threep wrote:It just makes potential sponsors uneasy if they see a car like the Sauber almost blank, doesn't enhance confidence about the future of the team.
What about the BrawnGP car last year? That spent a lot of the season with very little of it's surface area covered, but they seemed able to attract some pretty lucrative sponsors.
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

thestig84
thestig84

forty-two wrote:
threep wrote:It just makes potential sponsors uneasy if they see a car like the Sauber almost blank, doesn't enhance confidence about the future of the team.
What about the BrawnGP car last year? That spent a lot of the season with very little of it's surface area covered, but they seemed able to attract some pretty lucrative sponsors.
I think winning 6 out of the 7 first races may have helped!!!!!!! Sauber need to make the finish line first!

forty-two

thestig84 wrote:
forty-two wrote:
I think winning 6 out of the 7 first races may have helped!!!!!!! Sauber need to make the finish line first!
A very good point, well made! :lol:
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

manchild
manchild

New front wing

Blackout

That's an old but modified wing...

The R30 has in Melbourne:
- a revised diffuser, front brake ducts, rear break ducts (equiped with more winglets)
-a modified rear bodywork
-a new little winglet over the beam wing
-a new front wing

http://images.gpupdate.net/large/148735.jpg
http://images.gpupdate.net/large/148635.jpg
http://images.gpupdate.net/large/148674.jpg

roost89
roost89

on the endplate, what is the wee bar for? Not aesthetics obviously, is it to conform to the rules for some reason? :?
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

Pit
Pit

roost89 wrote:on the endplate, what is the wee bar for? Not aesthetics obviously, is it to conform to the rules for some reason? :?
Isn't it supposed to keep the whole thing in place? I mean, those little winglets could fall off if they didn't have any support.

madly
madly

EDIT!!! There are mixed photos of old and new version of front wing in my post. Sorry, I realized this after Blackout info, that Kubica used new, and Petrov old wing today.

New font wing in a full glory :-)

EDIT: this is old

EDIT: this is new

EDIT: this is new - detail from Sepang GP

EDIT: this is new - detail from Sepang GP

a little more from top (beware - wide angle of camera):
and nose
which is definitively smoothly integrated with the rest of the car (not as at the first tests :D)
note new DIAC sponsor logo
Last edited by madly on 01 Apr 2010, 17:13, edited 5 times in total.

madly
madly

RS27:
Last edited by madly on 26 Mar 2010, 14:25, edited 1 time in total.

roost89
roost89

Pit wrote:
roost89 wrote:on the endplate, what is the wee bar for? Not aesthetics obviously, is it to conform to the rules for some reason? :?
Isn't it supposed to keep the whole thing in place? I mean, those little winglets could fall off if they didn't have any support.
Looks like it now. The one I saw (below) didn't have the winglets on it, so it seemed obsolete. With the winglets in place, it now looks like it serves a purpose.

Cheers
manchild wrote:New front wing
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

Blackout

Only Kubica tested the new front wing (but the old brake ducts). For Petrov: old wing/new ducts

madly
madly

Help me identify. is it rear of R30 front wing?

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

madly wrote:Help me identify. is it rear of R30 front wing?
No, it's RBR or STR

Blackout

STR (longer upper wings, no hole in the endplate)