2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SKYnRacing24

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Yeah that hunt for max to come in 2026 is BS. Russell and Antonelli have come from there development program ffs, they need to worry and invest in making a good car for next year and the new regs than to be chasing Max like some weird boyband groupie. The fact Toto and Bradley have made blatant interviews to entice this doesn't sit right with me.

Totally agree with Emags comments aswell. I thought they would be pressing on by now. The talks of learning from there mistakes. James Alison coming back. The requirements from Lewis to address the cockpit issues etc its been disappointing. Yes there technically a year behind because they changed the philosophy for this year but the fact were having correlation issues and the car has become " undrivable " in many respects must be really hard for everyone involved. Mick will be on the sim tonight doing some setup work but i don't know how they will turn this around for qualy.
“And that’s part of the game, is being able to be adaptive, and we’ve got this new car – I don’t know how it’s going to handle, hopefully she’s great.”

DGP123
DGP123

Hamilton decided to leave this team. That tells you all you need to know. Mercedes are an irrelevance now, and 25’ will be no different. The entire situation has actually become quite tiresome now. Unfortunately, it won’t be until 26’, at the earliest, for a resurgence.

DRS
DRS

DGP123 wrote:
20 Sep 2024, 21:58
Hamilton decided to leave this team. That tells you all you need to know. Mercedes are an irrelevance now, and 25’ will be no different. The entire situation has actually become quite tiresome now. Unfortunately, it won’t be until 26’, at the earliest, for a resurgence.
He decided because he had no other choice really, they just didn't want to commit to him. I have a feeling Toto has had his sights on Max for a few years now.