Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
F1.Ru

Re: Ferrari F2012

Kiril Varbanov wrote:Often we see those in-factory wind tunnel and possibly CFD stuff backed up by Friday Flow Viz.
Thanks for the URL really enjoyed it reading =D>
Formula One is a game.............. but not any ordinary game for me

Nando
Nando

I agree! Awesome video he had as well with the 3D-scanner, my jaw dropped when he said they made that complex thing from one solid piece.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Spankyham

F1.Ru wrote:
Kiril Varbanov wrote:Often we see those in-factory wind tunnel and possibly CFD stuff backed up by Friday Flow Viz.
Thanks for the URL really enjoyed it reading =D>
+1, excellent article!
"He was the fastest driver I ever saw - faster even than Fangio"
_______________________________- Mike Hawthorn on Alberto Ascari

Vanja #66

Does anyone know what was the problem with Alonso's car after GP of Europe? Can't find it anywhere...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

jaba.hut

I think 1 liter of gasoline was the problem!

TheGkbrk
TheGkbrk

Any information about the straight line test of Ferrari?

jaba.hut

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2806 ... -in-spain/

This what I found. Nothing special tough.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Valencia Diffuser updates

via AutoSport

simos
simos

Hehe, seams nothing Ferrari does this year is good enough for Gary. ;)

Pullrod upfront, every exhaust configuration and now diffuser.

Redragon

This is for X :lol: :lol:

Spanish press says that Mclaren are studying the Ferrari front suspension

http://www.marca.com/2012/06/28/motor/f ... 82565.html

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

simos wrote:Hehe, seams nothing Ferrari does this year is good enough for Gary. ;)

Pullrod upfront, every exhaust configuration and now diffuser.
I agree, he always has something halfway decent to say about the Ferrari but always follows it up with something negative or something along those lines. Pull rod front suspension being a prime example. Noticed those words haven't came out of his mouth since the start of the season.. :lol:

@RedDragon I posted the original source(OmniCorse) article in the McLaren team thread yesterday. I'm sure X would agree it's a good choice.. :p

alogoc
alogoc

http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Sil ... e-UKXX1916

this weather should suit F2012's tire heating advandages!
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

joeyg02

alogoc wrote:Engine sound
RedBull :?:
0.35 for Vettel, 1.16 Hamilton and 1.35 Alonso.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... mKcTmZJVrA
I wonder if Ferrari will copy this, because you can CLEARLY hear the red-bull is blowing the exhaust off throttle in the corner. So obviously this means the exhaust is definitely reaching the diffuser or the new "double diffuser" type slot solution Newey just created. I've heard that a certain amount of off-throttle blowing is legal, but i'm not sure how much etc etc. I just know by the sound of that car at 0:35-0:38 on that video that the exhaust is being blown off throttle, and like I said I would bet money it's being blown into the diffuser. Also, has a ferrari engine ever blown off-throttle exhaust? I know the renault's are notorious for it, and even Mclaren have done it. I can't recall if Ferrari have done it in the past few years or not???
Drafting & Design Engineer - I crave information & live in a never ending quest for answers to whatever piques my curiosity.

Joey Griffin - Owner - JG GraphX.
Lifelong Motorsport Fan from Southern Georgia, United States.

bhall
bhall

The only thing that can CLEARLY be determined from that video is that the Red Bull's Renault has a different off-throttle exhaust note. That's all. Given the following regulation...

5.6.6 Except when anti-stall or idle speed control are active, ignition base offsets may only be applied above 80% throttle and 15,000rpm and for the sole purpose of reducing cylinder pressure for reliability.

...I'm not so sure about off-throttle exhaust blowing.

I'm more inclined to believe that Red Bull is deactivating cylinders under deceleration to increase fuel efficiency.

siskue2005

joeyg02 wrote:
alogoc wrote:Engine sound
RedBull :?:
0.35 for Vettel, 1.16 Hamilton and 1.35 Alonso.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... mKcTmZJVrA
I wonder if Ferrari will copy this, because you can CLEARLY hear the red-bull is blowing the exhaust off throttle in the corner. So obviously this means the exhaust is definitely reaching the diffuser or the new "double diffuser" type slot solution Newey just created. I've heard that a certain amount of off-throttle blowing is legal, but i'm not sure how much etc etc. I just know by the sound of that car at 0:35-0:38 on that video that the exhaust is being blown off throttle, and like I said I would bet money it's being blown into the diffuser. Also, has a ferrari engine ever blown off-throttle exhaust? I know the renault's are notorious for it, and even Mclaren have done it. I can't recall if Ferrari have done it in the past few years or not???
its just their 4 cylinder cut offs
its nothing like what they had in 2011