Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Kiril Varbanov

Re: Ferrari F2012

I'll take any publication from Autosprint this year with a pinch of salt, especially citing numbers like 0.4 seconds - such general number is extremely hard to predict, although that's what the public understands as metric - "0.4 seconds faster per lap compared to their usual benchmark time".
1. What is the benchmark / baseline time?
2. Lap of which track?

It's the same when you download a file and some state: "Speed: 3 megabytes per second" - not true, network throughput is being measured in megabits per second, and that has been the case forever.

Let me throw some wind tunnel numbers:

What would they mean to you?
Just an example of how random the numbers could be.

Anyway, for some reason I don't expect too much changes in Silverstone for Ferrari, just small aero updates, let's see if I'm right.

Hail22

Forces and Moments relates basically to Force and pitching moment variation of inverted aerofoils at high angles of attack
in ground effect....

So they are running diagnostics with the Force and moment theory to test either a new sidepod, new floor, fw or rw...hmmm
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Gridlock

I can believe a 0.4 improvement at the high-speed Silverstone because you always have to remember Ferrari are developing, from the start of the season, for one very specific race - Monza.

Huntresa
Huntresa

Gridlock wrote:I can believe a 0.4 improvement at the high-speed Silverstone because you always have to remember Ferrari are developing, from the start of the season, for one very specific race - Monza.
I can build a race winning car for monza since it reqs almost nothuing to go around that circuit car wise.

alogoc
alogoc

Gridlock wrote:I can believe a 0.4 improvement at the high-speed Silverstone because you always have to remember Ferrari are developing, from the start of the season, for one very specific race - Monza.
:D
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

beelsebob
beelsebob

Notably, Monza is high speed, low downforce, while Silverstone is High speed, high downforce.

Gridlock

Yes, but that's good enough compared to eg the last circuit, and my point was more that we're getting close to Monza and final layouts/bits will be starting to appear.

bhall
bhall

Silverstone and Monza have vastly different requirements, and it's a mistake to assume that any developments specifically aimed toward one would help the other.

beelsebob
beelsebob

Gridlock wrote:Yes, but that's good enough compared to eg the last circuit, and my point was more that we're getting close to Monza and final layouts/bits will be starting to appear.
The thing that would give me more hope re Ferrari would be that they were (reasonably) okay at Spain, which is a much closer match to Silverstone than Monza.

Gridlock

My main reason for believing Ferrari are going to be one to watch:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirohide_Hamashima

Hail22

Gridlock wrote:My main reason for believing Ferrari are going to be one to watch:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirohide_Hamashima
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Xhz62Zp20k[/youtube]

Watch from 18:02 onwards.

Watch this weeks Ferrari news...Hirohide Hamashima talks about Tyres very briefly...he is the Yoda of racing tyres....
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

FakeAlonso

p910iFrank
p910iFrank

Looking @ previous photo:
Old exaust System? Barcellona Spec?

idiot
idiot

p910iFrank wrote:Looking @ previous photo: