2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
KimiRai
KimiRai

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

Apart from what Ashvinv said everything else points to an update package at Austin. There's simply no excuses left anymore and they must improve, it would release a lot of pressure from the technical departments. Massively important race. Hungary package according to them had good correlation but gains were minimal, now there needs to be a clear performance gain too. All the talk of "technical reset", "we know what to do now give us time" has to be proven.
Last edited by KimiRai on 22 Sep 2024, 18:17, edited 3 times in total.

TyreSlip
TyreSlip

Nikosar wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 18:07
If I’m not wrong, he had the pace to do it but the team told him to slow down as they suspected a relatability issue. And realistically he had only one chance to pass VER after the yellow flag. Turned out later that the car was OK…

But yeah since then they had 12 months going into a wrong direction. Now they should have had enough time to bring something good for Ausitn.

And BTW Newey still had 0 influence on car set-ups or upgrade as someone suggested…
I do remember the lift and coast. Alonso may have made it interesting for Verstappen otherwise, but I was wondering if the Canada update actually hurt the pace of the car overall.

TyreSlip
TyreSlip

KimiRai wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 18:11
Apart from what Ashvinv said everything else points to an update package at Austin. There's simply no excuses left anymore and they must improve, it would release a lot of pressure from the technical departments. Massively important race.
Alonso said he was hoping for tenths of a second pace improvement with the updates. I don't think that's asking for much after two years of going nowhere.

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

Big Gun wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 15:56
Alonso knows how to looks after the tires. The Hulk was right behind him on 5 laps tires, but Alonso slowly pulled away. A few more laps he would of caught Sainz.
He is the real tire whisperer imo.
Of courses would caught Sainz with 50%more life in the tyres. The problem he again just saving tyres instead of attack and pass Sainz and go with Leclrec.

Sherrinford
Sherrinford

This will be my last message in this thread, because I see many bipolar people who first criticized Alonso and now praise him. So personally, I don't I want to discuss more with them. I'm sorry because there are people who even understands F1, but most of them change sides overnight.

Big Gun
Big Gun

Sherrinford wrote:
22 Sep 2024, 19:11
This will be my last message in this thread, because I see many bipolar people who first criticized Alonso and now praise him. So personally, I don't I want to discuss more with them. I'm sorry because there are people who even understands F1, but most of them change sides overnight.
I think its one or 2 accounts that post whenever Alonso under delivers, but they been quiet of late?

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

The announcement of Newey joining the team certainly boosted Nando's morale. Terrific drive in the last 2 races!