Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Re: Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Schumacher had a punture at one point then his tyres were shot to hell.

As predicted, Ferrari have run crying to the race stewards yet again.

Poleman

In my eyes,everyone was critisizing McLaren's and Ferrari's option to run the first stint in softs,which proved to be the best choice.Also todays race showed another thing too.The difference of being a top team in terms of decisions/management/strategy which Red Bull clearly doesnt have yet IMO.

TheRMVR

Ah I felt so bad for Alonso today. He should've and probably would've won. He was really pushing and I have to say Ferrari looked so much better than in Turkey.

What about DiGrassi then, he ruined Alonso's race. Alonso looked quite unhappy on the podium. He knew he could've won this one, like in Monaco. He's had some bad luck.

andrew
andrew

Vettel's problem seems to be a gearbox oil leak.

Richard
Richard

Odd that using a chicane to pass means you have to yield, but you can use the chicane to defend as much as you like.

As for Alonso/Hamilton in the pit lane, I guess the difference is that they gave each other space. Also this took place at the end of the pit. In China they raced past the pit crews down the length of the lane.

aral
aral

andrew wrote:Schumacher had a punture at one point then his tyres were shot to hell.

As predicted, Ferrari have run crying to the race stewards yet again.
When did Schumi have a puncture? Was it when he tried to drive someone off the track??
And what are Ferrari complaining about?? Hamiltons unsafe release, and racing Alonso down the pit lane, or Massa being squeezed by Button, into Liuzzi? Or about Schumi forcing Massa into the wall? If any of these, they would be entirely justified.

P.S Nice one Shaddock!

thestig84
thestig84

TheRMVR wrote:Ah I felt so bad for Alonso today. He should've and probably would've won. He was really pushing and I have to say Ferrari looked so much better than in Turkey.

What about DiGrassi then, he ruined Alonso's race. Alonso looked quite unhappy on the podium. He knew he could've won this one, like in Monaco. He's had some bad luck.
What? Should have probably would have won!?! He got caught napping twice in traffic....Noones fault but his own. He looked like he had the pace in the first half but yet again he made errors. Second half maybe he was managing a small problem?!

No back markers ruined anyones race. Getting past them effectively is part of racing.

andrew
andrew

Schumacher got a puncture from Kiubicas front wing and Ferrari have complained about when he and Massa had a slight coming together. BBC has reported it but when interviewing Rob Smedley, he basically said "No comment".

Shaddock

andrew wrote:Schumacher got a puncture from Kiubicas front wing and Ferrari have complained about when he and Massa had a slight coming together. BBC has reported it but when interviewing Rob Smedley, he basically said "No comment".
What you really mean is, he ran Massa off the track as he was about to be overtaken. I'm getting a sense of Déjà Vu about this? How's your memory holding up - remember the Pedro Del a Rossa incident? Cost MS the WDC in the end.

siskue2005

Shaddock wrote:
andrew wrote:Schumacher got a puncture from Kiubicas front wing and Ferrari have complained about when he and Massa had a slight coming together. BBC has reported it but when interviewing Rob Smedley, he basically said "No comment".
What you really mean is, he ran Massa off the track as he was about to be overtaken. I'm getting a sense of Déjà Vu about this? How's your memory holding up - remember the Pedro Del a Rossa incident? Cost MS the WDC in the end.
HE didnt run Massa off the track!
Massa was behind him, not even side by side
And all the drivers move to racing line to make the corner
Massa was stupid enough to believe MS would yield easily

Massa should have done what Beumi did to Schumy

its called a switch back overtake maneuver

Its clear that Schumy didnt teach him every trick in the book

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

gilgen wrote: And what are Ferrari complaining about?? Hamiltons unsafe release, and racing Alonso down the pit lane
Alonso stated that he did not see a problem with the pitlane incident.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

ringo

TheRMVR wrote:Ah I felt so bad for Alonso today. He should've and probably would've won. He was really pushing and I have to say Ferrari looked so much better than in Turkey.

No the ferrari was slowing, he could not have won. He put up a good fight, but if you look back at when he was behind Button, he went from 0.4s gap to over 2s.
The ferrari was dying of tyre wear.
He did very good to keep 2nd place so long. He could have held on to second, but first was not possible, looking on how easy hamilton dropped a fastest lap.
For Sure!!

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

HRT and Lotus have killed alonso's race. He had to win the race.

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

andrew wrote:
It is offensive and will be reported.
Relax lad...

Are you serious that you never swa any cheating by MS.. I read that post and saw it was the largest little worm for some fanboy action.

Great post and in good taste by Shadddock..

I thought WB was slightly anal..but a Jock version would be the death knell for this place.

On topic I suppose - was a decent race, enjoyed it and glad the Red Bull cars seem to have lost their dominance.

SHame that Liuzzi and Massa were playing dodgems..thought Massa was keen to spin Tonio around at all costs..

MS move back across track was rude...but the Kubica move was fair enough IMO
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Poleman

Lorenzo_Bandini wrote:HRT and Lotus have killed alonso's race. He had to win the race.
Its the same as commiting suicide ant then blame the gun :lol: Everybody had to deal with traffic and as someone above stated, he made mistakes lapping slower cars (which is part of the race),so stop this drama that Alonso should have won.Maybe he should,but he couldnt...Way different meanings.