2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Luscion
Luscion

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... den-chaos/
At 7 p.m. local time, Mercedes decided to replace the monocoque. The engine and gearbox appeared to have survived.
Russell destroyed the Imola version of the floor and many other parts that went with it in his crash in the second practice session. It was used until the Belgian GP and then again in Baku and Singapore. The spare parts store was better stocked with this specification than with the latest components. The monocoque had to be replaced. Nevertheless, the recent accidents are beginning to embarrass Mercedes. “This is not ideal for the cost cap,” said team boss Toto Woff contritely.

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

So Toto goes along with Hamiltons BS about the car being 100% at fault for him beaching it. First time Ive ever seen a driver blame the car for a simple spin and expect to be taken seriously.

Russell was the only driver in the 17 second range and went the fastest in FP1. After getting the second fastest time in sprint qualifying last race. I guess maybe Toto just wants George to tootle around in the lower mid pack to save on cost cap. Instead of actually going for results.

TeamKoolGreen
TeamKoolGreen

Luscion wrote:
25 Oct 2024, 22:01
Welp, Kimi has damaged Lewis' floor and its not expected to perform like it would before the damage
Excuses loading.....

Its not like Antonelli ever damaged George's car

xaero
xaero

TeamKoolGreen wrote:
26 Oct 2024, 06:41
Luscion wrote:
25 Oct 2024, 22:01
Welp, Kimi has damaged Lewis' floor and its not expected to perform like it would before the damage
Excuses loading.....

Its not like Antonelli ever damaged George's car
Mods will you please help with this hater
We need a miracle. We need only one racing lap.

djones
djones

As much as I’m not a fan of George, I’m confident the car had a massive part in causing that crash.

Whatever direction Mercedes are taking out of desperation (presumably) it’s quite silly now.

DGP123
DGP123

Team are a shambles. Have been for a long time now. No end in sight, without restructuring and new leadership. It’s completely stale, and desperate for new blood and ideas.

SKYnRacing24

Its getting embarrassing. This car is acting like the w13. Running low configurations (major bouncing) and both top tier drivers and even kimi have had major crashes and spins which will fk them in the cost cap. At this point in time i feel for the drivers trying to handle this death trap of a car. The team are clueless. The fact that Lewis's floor is damaged is just the icing on the cake. We needed a clean weekend and its started off worse than Austin.
“And that’s part of the game, is being able to be adaptive, and we’ve got this new car – I don’t know how it’s going to handle, hopefully she’s great.”

Luscion
Luscion

3 big crashes in the last 5 race weekends not helping with Merc and the cost cap

https://racingnews365.com/wolff-voices- ... sell-shunt

I think we can keep the old chassis, but everything else has to go out, The engine has to come out, the gearbox has to be checked and then everything else. Two corners of the car are completely gone. So it's serious damage.

We're in serious trouble. We are all struggling to stay within the budget cap and of course we had a bad accident with Kimi at Monza. Then the second one with George last week [in Austin] and now again this week.
[It was] 35G," the Austrian revealed. So that was a really big impact. He was taken to the medical centre, but he's okay.

But of course, the car is badly damaged... but we have the [spare] parts.

OverheatedTurbo
OverheatedTurbo

Why are Mercs running medium df wings?

r85
r85

OverheatedTurbo wrote:
26 Oct 2024, 19:54
Surprised at the choice too. These cars don't have the downforce in slow corners that the older ones did.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

OverheatedTurbo wrote:
26 Oct 2024, 19:54
They are giving up downforce in order to have something that doesn't spit the driver out.
A lion must kill its prey.

Luscion
Luscion

well at least Lewis said the car feels good, thats something i guess