2023 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
denyall

Re: 2023 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

If the Christian stirring the pot narrative ends up being true, that would be below the belt to instigate conflict within someone's family, especially with the history between Hamilton and his father where they had a falling out at one point due to disagreements in management.

My thinking is Anthony ask something mundane like what your driver lineup look like for the next 2 years and Christian is interpreting that is and opening salvo in negotiations.

organic

ValeVida46 wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 18:55
[...]
Agreed on most fronts, but I don't think any contradiction occurred by the RB spokesperson against anything Horner has said.

Horner's original quote reported by Daily Mail:
"We have had several conversations over the years about Lewis joining. They have reached out a few times. Most recently, earlier in the year, there was an inquiry about whether there would be any interest."
He never says it was Lewis or his management. He says "they have reached out a few times", meaning someone that is a representative for Lewis.

If Horner was approached by Anthony Hamilton about Lewis joining the team, personally I think it's logical of Horner to assume that this approach is on behalf of or at least has been sanctioned by Lewis (given that Anthony is close to Lewis and used to be his manager)

Horner on the same topic to a different outlet, RACERmag:
"It's only natural that the people around him would reach out at some point in time."

"He's had a tough year; prior to him re-signing with Mercedes it’s only natural that the people around him would reach out to see what the options are. There's nothing unusual about that, it's something that's happened in the past and it’s not unique to Lewis."
The story doesn't change, it's just that it's possible Horner believed Anthony Hamilton spoke for Lewis when maybe he didn't

Luscion
Luscion

Lewis said he has checked with his team and nobody from there reached out to RB, so i mean possibility that its his dad who did but seems very much like Lewis isnt aware. But even if its his dad he is not a "rep" for Lewis, its a very misleading thing to say if thats what Horner meant

Last edited by Luscion on 23 Nov 2023, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.

djones
djones

One race to go.

Usually, this sort of BS comes out in the off-season when the media (and most people) are bored.

ValeVida46

organic wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 19:01
The story doesn't change, it's just that it's possible Horner believed Anthony Hamilton spoke for Lewis when maybe he didn't
He met John Elkann (Ferrari chairman), too. I think there were serious talks.

It was around Monaco (in May). There were definitely conversations, perhaps with Vasseur, too. But certainly with Elkann.
What kind of business is this? :lol:

Won 2 titles in the most dominant season in F1 history and he's speculating about another teams driver.
I know Toto suffers foot in mouth but this really is more than just a little tiff at a journalist.
Besides this, Hamilton Sr is not affiliated to Lewis in any official capacity. As outlined, Penni Thow has that responsibility or Lewis himself. If Horner didn't know that....

organic

ValeVida46 wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 19:20
organic wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 19:01
He met John Elkann (Ferrari chairman), too. I think there were serious talks.

It was around Monaco (in May). There were definitely conversations, perhaps with Vasseur, too. But certainly with Elkann.
What kind of business is this? :lol:

Won 2 titles in the most dominant season in F1 history and he's speculating about another teams driver.
I know Toto suffers foot in mouth but this really is more than just a little tiff at a journalist.
Besides this, Hamilton Sr is not affiliated to Lewis in any official capacity. As outlined, Penni Thow has that responsibility or Lewis himself. If Horner didn't know that....
My guess is that Lewis didn't know about the Horner-Hamilton Sr communication and was incredibly informal. It's incredibly common for family members of sportsman to, in cases of informal business meetings/interactions (of which this seems to have been one), represent them in a less official capacity. Contracts aren't being discussed but doesn't mean important/relevant info can't be communicated. It's often the best way to ensure nothing ends up outside closed doors

I agree that it's unsavoury but it's typical Horner tactics. Trying to unsettle, undermine the team. I don't think he would do it if he didn't see Merc/Lewis as a threat still

CHT
CHT

Next season of drive to survive will be Epic. lol

Luscion
Luscion

Well i guess its now not this dad? now Horner is saying it was his management

https://www.racefans.net/2023/11/23/hor ... e-denials/

Bill_Kar
Bill_Kar

Wow, there was absolutely no need to do or say anything. Yet, Horner chose to spew some BS and mess with a team he's beating every single race for 2 years without any provocation whatsoever.

chrisc90

Bill_Kar wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 20:42
Wow, there was absolutely no need to do or say anything. Yet, Horner chose to spew some BS and mess with a team he's beating every single race for 2 years without any provocation whatsoever.
That's IF Lewis is telling the truth. We dont actually know who's right and who's wrong. Only speculation. Far as anyone should know....Lewis could be telling a lie too, not Christian.

kenshi_blind

Wow , Lewis telling lies but not Horner ? what type of alternate Universe is this ? i'll side with Lewis's side of the story any day just for the fact that he had no issue admitting he met with Ferrari's boss Horner is lying and anybody pretending that we don't know the truth is full of sh$t

chrisc90

kenshi_blind wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 21:25
Wow , Lewis telling lies but not Horner ? what type of alternate Universe is this ? i'll side with Lewis's side of the story any day just for the fact that he had no issue admitting he met with Ferrari's boss Horner is lying and anybody pretending that we don't know the truth is full of sh$t
Lewis has never told a lie before? Come on.

Either way, not worth arguing over who said what. I think its fair to say, at this point, we dont know who is telling a lie/fabricating stories.

kenshi_blind

chrisc90 wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 21:32
kenshi_blind wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 21:25
Lewis has never told a lie before? Come on.

Either way, not worth arguing over who said what. I think its fair to say, at this point, we dont know who is telling a lie/fabricating stories.
Where and when did i that say Lewis has never told a lie before ? what's with the straw man argument? i am saying that based on precedent, Hell will have to freeze before i might even consider that there's any truth about the BS Horner has spouted...and yeah we do know, on this particular topic Horner is full of sh$t , trying to bothside the issue is just laughable

Giogio
Giogio

I have some questions.
What are the effects of this modification?
Instead of this? I think this modification, make more downforce on retro because the air flow is more direct on the retro? I don't know, I want to learn about this topic

Espresso
Espresso

Giogio wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 22:51
I have some questions.
https://storage.googleapis.com/fp-media ... 90x660.jpg
What are the effects of this modification?
https://storage.googleapis.com/fp-media ... 90x660.jpg
Instead of this? I think this modification, make more downforce on retro because the air flow is more direct on the retro? I don't know, I want to learn about this topic
Shaping the airflow over the floor. Every bump (stage) enhances the previous bump.
Doesn’t impact the flow under the floor too much.
Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide