2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

dialtone wrote:
14 Feb 2024, 00:33
AR3-GP wrote:
14 Feb 2024, 00:21
The front suspension is the same as last year. The roll hoop inlet is the same as last year. The centreline cooling is the same as last year. Ferrari is currently the only one with pull rod rear from last year (albeit with geometry changes).

What it seems more like is the SF23 with changes made in certain areas to imitate a RB concept. There is nothing wrong with that. I only questioned whether this can be enough to beat a newer RB concept. We were told it wouldn't be a copy so I expected to see something I hadn't seen before.
Front suspension is not the same as last year.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GGNvHRDWUAA ... ame=medium

I don't know if this car is going to beat the RB20, probably not, but let's stop with the bashing of the car before it has done even a single timed lap. Nobody here knows.
But Cardile admits that the front suspension is mostly a carryover from 2023. The rear has had more work done, likely in association with a shorter gearbox and slightly longer chassis. Cardile says: “The inboard suspension is differently located inside the gearbox, which has been an innovation.”
https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/2024 ... uspension/

I'm not bashing the car. I'm only saying how what we were told seems different to reality. There are more changes that make the car aligned with a different car than not.

https://racingnews365.com/why-ferrari-i ... a-red-rb19

dialtone
dialtone

AR3-GP wrote:
dialtone wrote:
14 Feb 2024, 00:33
AR3-GP wrote:
14 Feb 2024, 00:21
The front suspension is the same as last year. The roll hoop inlet is the same as last year. The centreline cooling is the same as last year. Ferrari is currently the only one with pull rod rear from last year (albeit with geometry changes).

What it seems more like is the SF23 with changes made in certain areas to imitate a RB concept. There is nothing wrong with that. I only questioned whether this can be enough to beat a newer RB concept. We were told it wouldn't be a copy so I expected to see something I hadn't seen before.
Front suspension is not the same as last year.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GGNvHRDWUAA ... ame=medium

I don't know if this car is going to beat the RB20, probably not, but let's stop with the bashing of the car before it has done even a single timed lap. Nobody here knows.
But Cardile admits that the front suspension is mostly a carryover from 2023. The rear has had more work done, likely in association with a shorter gearbox and slightly longer chassis. Cardile says: “The inboard suspension is differently located inside the gearbox, which has been an innovation.”
https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/2024 ... uspension/

I'm not bashing the car. I'm only saying how what we were told seems different to reality. There are more changes that make the car aligned with a different car than not.

https://racingnews365.com/why-ferrari-i ... a-red-rb19
You said that the new front is the same. It’s not, a lot of the parts are the same but it’s a different geometry. Cardile says the same.

continuum16

https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/gary ... r-verdict/

Whether ironically or not, if anyone believes in the Gary Anderson hex Ferrari might be in for a decent year. "Disappointing Ferrari F1-75 Feels Disjointed" vibes, anyone :wink:
"You can't argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
- Mark Twain

Vanja #66

All technical discussions about the car belong in the car thread, team thread is for livery, drivers, pace and other discussions.

On topic of livery, I'm not a fan of this shade of red, nor how the stripes have been applied. There is no connection to the flow of the stripes on driver suits and the car, which is the one job they are supposed to do... Oh well, as long as its a fast car, right :lol:

continuum16 wrote:
14 Feb 2024, 01:17

Whether ironically or not, if anyone believes in the Gary Anderson hex Ferrari might be in for a decent year. "Disappointing Ferrari F1-75 Feels Disjointed" vibes, anyone :wink:
Gary A on point as always. It's hard to keep up with everything wrong he keeps writing :lol:
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

dialtone
dialtone

Vanja #66 wrote:All technical discussions about the car belong in the car thread, team thread is for livery, drivers, pace and other discussions.

On topic of livery, I'm not a fan of this shade of red, nor how the stripes have been applied. There is no connection to the flow of the stripes on driver suits and the car, which is the one job they are supposed to do... Oh well, as long as its a fast car, right :lol:

continuum16 wrote:

Gary A on point as always. It's hard to keep up with everything wrong he keeps writing :lol:
Apparently one of Ferrari’s big problems last year was straight line speed. I suppose almost won in Las Vegas was due to some other factors.

This guy is a comedian.

JPower
JPower

dialtone wrote:
14 Feb 2024, 01:34
Vanja #66 wrote:All technical discussions about the car belong in the car thread, team thread is for livery, drivers, pace and other discussions.

continuum16 wrote:

Apparently one of Ferrari’s big problems last year was straight line speed. I suppose almost won in Las Vegas was due to some other factors.

This guy is a comedian.
The two problems the SF-23 didn't have was the ability to stop in a straightline and the ability to go in a straightline. Adding anything else to that was an issue. :lol:

LM10
LM10

continuum16 wrote:

Yes… what I was waiting for - world title incoming!

K1Plus
K1Plus

JPower wrote:
14 Feb 2024, 01:36
dialtone wrote:

This guy is a comedian.
The two problems the SF-23 didn't have was the ability to stop in a straightline and the ability to go in a straightline. Adding anything else to that was an issue. :lol:
Last year's car was the best on the straights and in the slow corners AFAIK.

KimiRai
KimiRai

dialtone wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 20:06
Is it possible to wait at least after the first timed lap of pre-season testing before we decide to fire the entire team?
Race simulation in Bahrain testing should be close to a definite proof of where the car stands

Xyz22
Xyz22

K1Plus wrote:
14 Feb 2024, 01:38
JPower wrote:
14 Feb 2024, 01:36
dialtone wrote:

This guy is a comedian.
Last year's car was the best on the straights and in the slow corners AFAIK.
Yes, braking and traction were the strongest aspect of the car, especially in qualifying.

This was also absolutely clear in Austria when Sainz and Norris were close. Sainz was gaining time in the braking zones and out of 90 degrees corner while Norris was miles faster (despite dirty air) in the quick corners at the end of second and start of the third sector.

In fact Ferrari was demolished in Suzuka and Qatar by McL, while the opposite happened in Vegas.

S D

Perhaps I am missing something. Is the complaint that the gossip about the changes weren't entirely honest?

Should we demand an apology? :lol:

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

S D wrote:
14 Feb 2024, 02:57
Perhaps I am missing something. Is the complaint that the gossip about the changes weren't entirely honest?

Should we demand an apology? :lol:
No of course Ferrari doesn't owe anyone an apology. I was only making an observation.

Andres125sx

AR3-GP wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 19:14
Xyz22 wrote:
13 Feb 2024, 19:09
RB will easily dominate this year unless someone pulled off the greatest miracle in F1 history
:lol: The gap is not THAT big.
It obviously depends on your understanding of what big means, but...

2023 WCC:
1 RED BULL RACING 860
2 MERCEDES 409
3 FERRARI 406

More points than 2nd and 3rd toghether is a big, even huge gap to me. So big they probably went conservative at the end of the season to avoid any mechanical problem, what made us think Ferrari and Mercedes were closer than they really were/are

Vanja #66

dialtone wrote:
This guy is a comedian.
I wouldn't put it so mild to be honest. But I also don't want to be banned :mrgreen:
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

Andres125sx wrote:
14 Feb 2024, 09:37
It obviously depends on your understanding of what big means, but...

2023 WCC:
1 RED BULL RACING 860
2 MERCEDES 409
3 FERRARI 406

More points than 2nd and 3rd toghether is a big, even huge gap to me. So big they probably went conservative at the end of the season to avoid any mechanical problem, what made us think Ferrari and Mercedes were closer than they really were/are
The results gap was enormous, but ultimate performance gaps weren't necessarily as huge. The Red Bull was just an incredibly consistent monster every Sunday. Perez struggled with the car on many Saturdays to where it wouldn't have suggested it was any kind of world-beater if we didn't know what Max was doing with the same car.

I mean, everybody knows it's a long shot for anybody to catch up to a moving Red Bull target. We know how well they are able to hold and develop on their advantages. So you'd have to be silly to have expected anybody else to have come up with some new, radical concept that could suddenly upset the apple cart all while the roads have been maintained and stayed the same(aka the regulations). But, it's not inconceivable that some team could get their act together enough to close the gap enough to make things more interesting, more regularly. Ferrari have proven the closest performance competitor to Red Bull so far in this 2022 era, and while they are now running a different concept, usually what matters most is getting all the details right and making sure everything is working as it should.

Maybe nailing these details and getting a more 'complete' design vision accomplished will propel Ferrari to being more competitive. Not saying to expect that, but it's definitely within the realm of possibility.