Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
siskue2005

Re: Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Lorenzo_Bandini wrote:HRT and Lotus have killed alonso's race. He had to win the race.
it was poor traffic management by Alonso...he made some rookie mistake while passing them coz everybody had to deal with the same backmarkers....and should have stopped waving his hands and concentrated on racing

PlatinumZealot

Lorenzo_Bandini wrote:HRT and Lotus have killed alonso's race. He had to win the race.
Maybe.. but Alonso should have defended better at those points, the man was just too wide for the overtake, Button just said thanks and sailed right through gap.

The RedBulls are the ones that should have won really. All they had to do was qualify on the softs, but then again it was so difficult to know which tyre would be best for the race. Look at how fast the mediums tyres wore down! 7(?) laps!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

Poleman wrote:
Its the same as commiting suicide ant then blame the gun :lol: Everybody had to deal with traffic and as someone above stated, he made mistakes lapping slower cars (which is part of the race),so stop this drama that Alonso should have won.Maybe he should,but he couldnt...Way different meanings.

Alonso made no mistake on this race.
It's not his fault if that the Lotus stay in front of him, without it, Hamilton didn't pass Alonso.

Poleman

Lorenzo_Bandini wrote:
Poleman wrote:
Its the same as commiting suicide ant then blame the gun :lol: Everybody had to deal with traffic and as someone above stated, he made mistakes lapping slower cars (which is part of the race),so stop this drama that Alonso should have won.Maybe he should,but he couldnt...Way different meanings.

Alonso made no mistake on this race.
It's not his fault if that the Lotus stay behind him, without it, Hamilton didn't pass Alonso.
ROFL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry couldnt hold myself... :oops: :oops:

Richard
Richard

n smikle wrote:Maybe.. but Alonso should have defended better at those points, the man was just too wide for the overtake, Button just said thanks and sailed right through gap.

The RedBulls are the ones that should have won really. All they had to do was qualify on the softs, but then again it was so difficult to know which tyre would be best for the race. Look at how fast the mediums tyres wore down! 7(?) laps!
That's several posts without mention of the boss. Are you unwell? ;)

ringo

The ferrari had no traction, so Alonso was not at fault. He should have blocked a little better, but it was a matter of time until Button would have passed.

About the redbulls, they are still the fastest car by a long shot. Look on Webber's prime tyre stint. The car is still over 0.5s a lap faster.
Their problem was tyre degradation and strategy. Webber started fifth and that did nothing to his race. His car was simply too fast.

He should have done hard soft hard.

The redbull will have it's day at the next 2 grand prix and it aint gonna be pretty.

They were overtaking Mclarens in this race! :wtf:

Webber overtook Button very early. Button was a bit lucky Mclaren had the strategy to salvage his race and turn it around. He is a bit similar to heiki in the first 20 laps of a race, but he is very strong in the middle of it.

Webber is now officially the faster and more dominant redbull driver now.
For Sure!!

zenithbeach

"Massa, meanwhile, was initially classified 15th, but then got another 20s added to his race time for speeding in the pit lane."

ha i didnt know that :S

Pierre6
Pierre6

Poleman wrote:
manchild wrote: How about taking off fun blinding glasses for a sec?

Shumacher did so much wrong to several other drivers today that he deserves really big penalty. He was slow, lost and frustrated. After he gain unfair advantage by cutting corner, he was supposed top let Liuzzi pass by and he didn't but even kept fighting to keep that position.

He should either learn to drive in the midfield or leave F1.
+1 Manchild =D>
andrew wrote:I think someone needs to have words with Luizi.
Sad to see these kind of comments from someone that actually points to others being fan biased. [-X
+2! :-)

thestig84
thestig84

ringo wrote: About the redbulls, they are still the fastest car by a long shot. Look on Webber's prime tyre stint. The car is still over 0.5s a lap faster.
Their problem was tyre degradation and strategy. Webber started fifth and that did nothing to his race. His car was simply too fast.

He should have done hard soft hard.

The redbull will have it's day at the next 2 grand prix and it aint gonna be pretty.

They were overtaking Mclarens in this race! :wtf:

Webber overtook Button very early. Button was a bit lucky Mclaren had the strategy to salvage his race and turn it around. He is a bit similar to heiki in the first 20 laps of a race, but he is very strong in the middle of it.
Redbull do still probably have the upper hand but I dont know how you are so sure its 0.5!? Also big deal about 1 redbull passing button when he had shot soft tyres. We knew that was going to happen.

If the redbull was so much quicker how did they mess up so badly? I think both strategies were similar yet they finished miles behind?

Just wondering how you are so so sure of your predictions and numbers.

ringo

When the data comes out i can show you the real pace of the redbull. It's quite monstrous. It didn't take much laps for webber to pull out an 11.8 second gap to Hamilton.
The redbull only seemed slower becuase of the tyre situation. The rears dont wear evenly with the fronts.
Vettel made the redbull seem slow, he was 0.4 behind Button for a good while then dropped back to 5.4 seconds. He was saving tyres and was still holding his gap, when he pushed he easliy did fastest laps, up to 2 seconds faster than anyone else.
And I am a Mclaren and ferrari fan, so i haven't drank the redbull cool aid or have on the sliver and blur checkered shades.
For Sure!!

aral
aral

Just_a_fan wrote:
gilgen wrote: And what are Ferrari complaining about?? Hamiltons unsafe release, and racing Alonso down the pit lane
Alonso stated that he did not see a problem with the pitlane incident.
Thats only because Alonso won the race! It was still an unsafe release, and will be looked at by the stewards.

Poleman

gilgen wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:
gilgen wrote: And what are Ferrari complaining about?? Hamiltons unsafe release, and racing Alonso down the pit lane
Alonso stated that he did not see a problem with the pitlane incident.
Thats only because Alonso won the race! It was still an unsafe release, and will be looked at by the stewards.
Huh? :wtf: Have you watched another race maybe? :?

aral
aral

ringo wrote:When the data comes out i can show you the real pace of the redbull. It's quite monstrous. It didn't take much laps for webber to pull out an 11.8 second gap to Hamilton.
The redbull only seemed slower becuase of the tyre situation. The rears dont wear evenly with the fronts.
Vettel made the redbull seem slow, he was 0.4 behind Button for a good while then dropped back to 5.4 seconds. He was saving tyres and was still holding his gap, when he pushed he easliy did fastest laps, up to 2 seconds faster than anyone else.
And I am a Mclaren and ferrari fan, so i haven't drank the redbull cool aid or have on the sliver and blur checkered shades.
Interesting that Vettel wanted to go for fastest lap, but was told not to. There appears to have been some problem with the car that had to be "managed" and led to Vettel stopping after crossing the line. Anybody with any news??

zenithbeach

gilgen wrote: Interesting that Vettel wanted to go for fastest lap, but was told not to. There appears to have been some problem with the car that had to be "managed" and led to Vettel stopping after crossing the line. Anybody with any news??

vettel:
Otherwise, I had a gearbox problem from around halfway through the race, which meant I had to slow down. Also, due to lapped cars, I lost six seconds to Jenson in two laps, so I was unable to fight for the podium. But, it’s good that we got these final positions.

Richard
Richard

ringo wrote:When the data comes out i can show you the real pace of the redbull. It's quite monstrous. It didn't take much laps for webber to pull out an 11.8 second gap to Hamilton.
The real picture is really hard to judge. The tyres were so different in performance, lap times varied with traffic, Webber had an empty track with his softs compared to others on a full tank.

Anyway, will be nice to see the numbers. I hope you are able to make post an analysis soon.