2023 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CHT
CHT

Re: 2023 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Luscion wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 20:02
Well i guess its now not this dad? now Horner is saying it was his management

https://www.racefans.net/2023/11/23/hor ... e-denials/

In F1, if there is smoke, then there is likely to be fire. I think LH and Merc should hold back and not accuse RB or CH of lying as this may only lead to more facts coming out.

Personally, I would be surprised if LH agent didn't reach out to RB since we all know that Merc has made a terrible start to 2022, and when the W14 hit the track early this year, they are still nowhere closer. (must be shocking for LH)

LH is already 38 years old and with the grueling 22 races per season, how much time and energy does LH still have to stick around and not win and not fight for pole? Every race he doesn't win can only affect his record as a driver. And I am sure all these records do mean something to him.

napoleon1981
napoleon1981

LH doesnt fit the RB brand. They are interested in extreme sports ambassadors, not catwalk ones. Its that mentality that has probably cost him atleast one (vs Rosberg) if not two ( vs Max 2021) WDCs. RB wont go for that period, they want drivers that put in the simulator time etc.

denyall

CHT wrote:
Luscion wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 20:02
Well i guess its now not this dad? now Horner is saying it was his management

In F1, if there is smoke, then there is likely to be fire. I think LH and Merc should hold back and not accuse RB or CH of lying as this may only lead to more facts coming out.

Personally, I would be surprised if LH agent didn't reach out to RB since we all know that Merc has made a terrible start to 2022, and when the W14 hit the track early this year, they are still nowhere closer. (must be shocking for LH)

LH is already 38 years old and with the grueling 22 races per season, how much time and energy does LH still have to stick around and not win and not fight for pole? Every race he doesn't win can only affect his record as a driver. And I am sure all these records do mean something to him.
You've got to be kidding me with this "where there is smoke, there is fire" stuff. CH is the king of making stuff up to get the press riled up.

j_ste
j_ste

napoleon1981 wrote:
24 Nov 2023, 03:42
LH doesnt fit the RB brand. They are interested in extreme sports ambassadors, not catwalk ones. Its that mentality that has probably cost him atleast one (vs Rosberg) if not two ( vs Max 2021) WDCs. RB wont go for that period, they want drivers that put in the simulator time etc.
The brand for every team is winning and money

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

while Hamilton said “I’d be more than happy to race against Max in the same car, it would be wonderful.”

He said it would be a wonderful thing. So there's a chance...

I don't think this is as far away as people think. A competitive or uncompetitive '24 car will bring clarity of thought one way or the other if he wants this 8th championship.

Henri
Henri

napoleon1981 wrote:
Lewis is the most famous driver in f1 by a wide margin.. lol you think he cares about redbull he called them just a drinkis company a few years ago.. Lewis admires newey because he has never driven a newey rocketship before.. Lewis in a rb19 will be a sight to behold

Henri
Henri

AR3-GP wrote:
24 Nov 2023, 06:29
while Hamilton said “I’d be more than happy to race against Max in the same car, it would be wonderful.”

I don't think this is as far away as people think. A competitive or uncompetitive '24 car will bring clarity of thought one way or the other if he wants this 8th championship.
I would love Lewis to drive a newey car because his never and alsonso never did

Stu

Doesn’t all of this LH to RB clickbait belong in the silly season thread? 🤔🤔🤔
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

DGP123
DGP123

napoleon1981 wrote:
My god. Utter nonsense.

organic

Giogio
Giogio

Espresso wrote:
24 Nov 2023, 02:11
Giogio wrote:
23 Nov 2023, 22:51
I have some questions.
https://storage.googleapis.com/fp-media ... 90x660.jpg
What are the effects of this modification?
https://storage.googleapis.com/fp-media ... 90x660.jpg
Instead of this? I think this modification, make more downforce on retro because the air flow is more direct on the retro? I don't know, I want to learn about this topic
Shaping the airflow over the floor. Every bump (stage) enhances the previous bump.
Doesn’t impact the flow under the floor too much.
Sorry I don't understand, so what are the effects of this modification?

ValeVida46

“I just don’t know what drives the guy. We just don’t understand his thinking to come up with these things.
What happened is that Christian, through an agency that we work with, wanted to have Lewis’ contact details to speak about the seat. That’s how the whole thing went. It was Christian enquiring about Lewis’ availability.
I don’t know what drives him to come out with this.”

Hammerfist
Hammerfist

Henri wrote:
24 Nov 2023, 08:10
AR3-GP wrote:
24 Nov 2023, 06:29

I would love Lewis to drive a newey car because his never and alsonso never did
It will never happen unless Newey ends up at Merc. I don’t believe Horner had any intention of bringing Lewis to race with max. They turned down Lewis when vettel was there. When ricciardo left I thought Alonso in the struggling Mclaren was the logical replacement, that they’d try to pry him out of there. But not even a phone call was made as far as I recall. They chose an inexperienced gasly. Then they say they wanted Norris, but they’re not seriousl. So I doubt they were ever serious with Lewis as well. Just Horner trying to ruffle some feathers. Nothing new.

CHT
CHT

With Mclaren extending partnership with merc engine till 2030 I have a feeling that Merc may be looking to exit F1 as works team since their automotive segmeent are moving toward EV instead of ICE

Henri
Henri

CHT wrote:
24 Nov 2023, 22:38
With Mclaren extending partnership with merc engine till 2030 I have a feeling that Merc may be looking to exit F1 as works team since their automotive segmeent are moving toward EV instead of ICE
Stop with fake rumours.. merc is committed to f1 eith the McLaren deal