2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Emag
Emag

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

sport777 wrote:
09 Jun 2024, 17:52
CjC wrote:
09 Jun 2024, 17:32
One pole for Merc and a P7 in quali and suddenly they have the best car now.

McLaren have both cars 0.108 from pole.

Even Alonso is disappointed he’s not on pole.
This weekend has been anyone’s for the taking and still is.
After Silverstone we’ll see where everyone is at.
Mclaren pulled off a huge turn a round last season so that means anyone of the other teams could do so too, maybe Mercedes, maybe Aston.
Stella says laptime is being developed every week back at base, just because Merc is bringing it to the track doesn’t mean the others aren’t finding it in the wind tunnel too, to the bring it to the track later in the season.

George may romp off into the distance today and fair play to him but this is far from a normal weekend as you can get
dude, I’m speaking with facts, yesterday Merce was the fastest car on the track, these are not my words, these are a complete analysis of qualifications, yesterday I repeat, the fact that McLaren became closer to them, it’s Merce’s fault, leaving at the very end of the session was a bad idea, then what Ham became 7th, that’s his problem, he just made a lot of mistakes, his potential time was after Russell, no one knows what will happen in the race today
What we tweeted was a factual depiction of events. No need to speculate on this.

My man, I am glad your favorite team is improving and going towards the front again. McLaren fans more than anyone else here know how good that feels, but to go around other team's threads to push this narrative that somehow Mercedes is now the team to beat and everyone should watch out is a bit excessive. Especially after a single qualifying session on track conditions which were changing every other minute.

Enjoy the race today. Hopefully your favorite team/driver wins it.

Emag
Emag

CjC wrote:
Sorry Emag :lol:
For what, did I miss something? :)

CjC
CjC

sport777 wrote:
CjC wrote:
09 Jun 2024, 17:32
One pole for Merc and a P7 in quali and suddenly they have the best car now.

McLaren have both cars 0.108 from pole.

Even Alonso is disappointed he’s not on pole.
This weekend has been anyone’s for the taking and still is.
After Silverstone we’ll see where everyone is at.
Mclaren pulled off a huge turn a round last season so that means anyone of the other teams could do so too, maybe Mercedes, maybe Aston.
Stella says laptime is being developed every week back at base, just because Merc is bringing it to the track doesn’t mean the others aren’t finding it in the wind tunnel too, to the bring it to the track later in the season.

George may romp off into the distance today and fair play to him but this is far from a normal weekend as you can get
dude, I’m speaking with facts, yesterday Merce was the fastest car on the track, these are not my words, these are a complete analysis of qualifications, yesterday I repeat, the fact that McLaren became closer to them, it’s Merce’s fault, leaving at the very end of the session was a bad idea, then what Ham became 7th, that’s his problem, he just made a lot of mistakes, his potential time was after Russell, no one knows what will happen in the race today
Let’s wait and see. If George wins today then it’ll be 4 different winners in 4 races which is fine by me.

I think everyone is eager to see what the competitive picture looks like after a few ‘normal’ races in the European stint.

I mentioned Alonso in my post to point out that even Aston within their disappointing season could have been on pole and to quote Toto himself ‘one swallow doesn’t make a summer’. This is a strange weekend and we’ll need to go to more race tracks before to see who’s fastest and who is not
Just a fan's point of view

CjC
CjC

Emag wrote:
09 Jun 2024, 18:02
CjC wrote:
I thought you wanted a dry race? :)

Emag
Emag

CjC wrote:
09 Jun 2024, 18:05
Emag wrote:
CjC wrote:
Ah yeahh, I still do but that's not gonna happen. Now I just hope we get a race at all. Anyway, the reason why I didn't want a wet race is because you get a chaotic mess where luck becomes a significant factor. I personally don't enjoy victories or achievements of any sort if you don't get them by your own ability instead of being gifted to you. But that might just be my childhood problems speaking :lol:

mwillems

Emag wrote:
09 Jun 2024, 18:23
CjC wrote:
Emag wrote:

Ah yeahh, I still do but that's not gonna happen. Now I just hope we get a race at all. Anyway, the reason why I didn't want a wet race is because you get a chaotic mess where luck becomes a significant factor. I personally don't enjoy victories or achievements of any sort if you don't get them by your own ability instead of being gifted to you. But that might just be my childhood problems speaking :lol:
Luck is one part, but the cars low speed ability plus a very healthy requirement for a drivers feel for the road and talent for finding grip are crucial.

Agree on the carnage, when you are at this end of the grid it's what you don't want, further down the order you are hoping for a tangle at the front :D But I think it's also a great time for someone to shine. Lando has generally got more from the car in the wet, relative to others, than he had in the dry. I'm also looking forward to seeing what Oscar can produce on the track, this will be a nice test for him.
Last edited by mwillems on 09 Jun 2024, 18:34, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

CjC
CjC

Emag wrote:
09 Jun 2024, 18:23
CjC wrote:
Emag wrote:

Looks dry at the moment👍🏻

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

While it does look like Mercedes improved, I think they are jumping the gun. Not only the fans but Russel and Toto as well. This was a newly resurfaced track with plenty of rain and low temperatures. Not only that but it is a point and shoot track. Stay humble, work on it, prove yourself on the track.

It is quite possible that their pace did not improve that much but that all of the above meant they ended up in a much better window than other teams.

Watching the preshow - it is super wet at the moment but not raining heavily.

Darth-Piekus

A rain race. Interesting. On one hand rain can cause chaos but on the other hand it's the ultimate driver test as the rain makes all cars equal and it's up to the driver. It's up to Lando and Oscar to prove that they are the best of this current generation and start passing the opposition. Both need 2 passes. Let's see if Mclaren was right bolting rain settings.

In any case good luck to both of our drivers and let's bring as many points as possible and beat Verstappen on merit showing that Miami wasn't a fluke.

Emag
Emag

Eh well, good test for the team as well, because they have had questionable calls on mixed conditions in the past. Zandvort comes to mind, they absolutely ruined the race with the strategy. Let's see if they have improved in that front as well.

Darth-Piekus

Emag wrote:
09 Jun 2024, 19:50
Eh well, good test for the team as well, because they have had questionable calls on mixed conditions in the past. Zandvort comes to mind, they absolutely ruined the race with the strategy. Let's see if they have improved in that front as well.
Indeed. Time to show if we belong on the big teams and if both of our drivers are championship material. If Lando wants the title we have 18 races with this one and a 56 point decifit to cover. You have the car this time. Show us what you can do Lando. The same goes for Oscar. Show us why we as Mclaren invested in you.

Ben1980
Ben1980

Should have started wets!

Darth-Piekus

Indeed. The Haas have the right strategy. They are gonna become a threat soon. --- hell. A small team risked by we didn't. We an pray that the rain stops and the wets drop.

Ben1980
Ben1980

Maybe not!

CjC
CjC

Norris is slow at the mo