Renault R30

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Pit
Pit

Re: Renault R30

Those components look... fatigued at best. And what is the duct tape doing there? :D

autogyro
autogyro

Pit wrote:Those components look... fatigued at best. And what is the duct tape doing there? :D
It does not look like duck tape to me, more like thick selotape just for location while a fix is made.

mith

OK, that might be just fatigued, but why did they cut front of the inlet off and why are they glueing it back instead of using new part? I compared it with older photos and it looks the same for me. So maybe they wanted to put some sensors there? Can someone explain it to me? :)

mrmr
mrmr

is the vertical splitter behind the tape new? Maybe this was the only way to do it at an "away game".

PlatinumZealot

madly wrote:@n_smikle - don't you think FIA did full DD check after last upgrade?

Look at the manchild answer:
manchild wrote:Flat floor below bodywork rule stands only for area between wheels (wheels, not axles). For that same reason nose has no flat floor below itself.

This rule?
3.12.5 All parts lying on the reference and step planes, in addition to the transition between the two planes, must produce uniform, solid, hard, continuous, rigid (no degree of freedom in relation to the body/chassis unit), impervious surfaces under all circumstances.
Fully enclosed holes are permitted in the surfaces lying on the reference and step planes provided no part of the car is visible through them when viewed from directly below. This does not apply to any parts of rear view mirrors which are visible, provided each of these areas does not exceed 12000mm² when projected to a horizontal plane above the car, or to any parts of the panels referred to in Article 15.4.7.
It speaks of all parts on the reference and step plane. So that Is what I was following.
You guys post the exact regulation you are talking about :-k I need to see it and surprisingly that still would still not excuse renault's diffuser holes because, You can see that some parts of these holes are:

1. Almost touching the rear wheel center line. (not between the tyres as you say)
2. Lying on the reference plane. (other teams hole lie on a vertical plane).

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/3349/d10aus1806.jpg

Not that I am debasing Manchild's interpretations, but this diffuser is something unprecedented and needs some more looking into.

:-k

My only guess is that they are within a certain width or there are similar holes cut out on top of the diffuser roof.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

Blackout

New sidepod deflectors...

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Blackout wrote:New sidepod deflectors...
I don't think so...

Malaysia

Australia
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Blackout

Yes the R30 has new sidepod deflectors and even bargeboards..! (for the first time since 2008)

madly
madly

Blackout wrote:Yes the R30 has new sidepod deflectors and even bargeboards..! (for the first time since 2008)
Any source of the info about bargeboards? From side view changes (if any) are rather subtle.
Last edited by madly on 02 Apr 2010, 10:22, edited 1 time in total.

madly
madly

Rear diffuser in Sepang, back of the "new" sidepods. Small winglet is painted yellow on the sides now :D

PNSD
PNSD

Is it me or is there a slot in that rear wing, to the left of the Bridgestone logo on the endplate?

Carlo's
Carlo's

PNSD wrote:Is it me or is there a slot in that rear wing, to the left of the Bridgestone logo on the endplate?
Yes, most teams have this slot in their rear wings.

madly
madly

Last edited by madly on 02 Apr 2010, 11:56, edited 1 time in total.

madly
madly

Stil no front view of new sidepods...
Last edited by madly on 02 Apr 2010, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.

Carlo's
Carlo's

madly, fix the links because they don't work.