Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

Re: Ferrari F2012

http://www.f1analisitecnica.com/2012/08 ... l?spref=tw
Ferrari are sure that you understand and solve the problems that had undermined the latest updates aerodynamic introduced by Silverstone to GP Hungary. The new aerodynamic parts designed specifically for Spa were tested, both in the wind tunnel in Maranello and in that of colony owned by Toyota, and the results were excellent.

For the race this weekend, the Ferrari will bring the following changes:

Front wing, which reduces the drag of the car and ensures excellent handling of the car;
DRS rear wing with a new concept to increase the top speed of the car
Discharges slightly modified to increase the effect of downforce on the rear axle;
new fund and diffuser
changes to the mapping of the engine to increase the maximum power

Thanks to Ferrari2183
http://www.f1-direct.com/formule1-ferra ... o-f1=12878
No DDRS for Spa or Monza, new front wing, new rear wing with improved DRS to increase speed, improvements around exhaust area and floor, new engine map to increase power and new Shell fuel.

alogoc
alogoc

source was reliable!
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

elFranZ

If Fry said "there will be a major upgrade for Singapore", there will be a major upgrade for Singapore, not Spa, nobody talked about Spa, so rumors are just crap.

Back in topic, cold weather should be good for the F2012 on harder compounds, since the car warms up his tyres very quickly.

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

Ok, you will see friday if rumor is crap or not. Even Alonso said after Hungary that the team will have updates for Spa.

Richard
Richard

Why not see what the team bring to Spa? Then we'll be able to judge if they are significant developments or mere tweaks to suit the circuit.

Only 48 hours to go....

elFranZ

Lorenzo_Bandini wrote:Ok, you will see friday if rumor is crap or not. Even Alonso said after Hungary that the team will have updates for Spa.
Every single team has track-specific updates, so it's nothing new IMO.

godlameroso

Actually the first pictures roll in on Thursday, at least from my experience so far, so really just one more day till we see something.
Saishū kōnā

Chuckjr

godlameroso wrote:Actually the first pictures roll in on Thursday, at least from my experience so far, so really just one more day till we see something.
Tiz a shame crucial x seems to have vanished. We used to get pics sometimes 48 hours early. ](*,)
Watching F1 since 1986.

scuderiaF2012
scuderiaF2012

Chuckjr wrote:
godlameroso wrote:Actually the first pictures roll in on Thursday, at least from my experience so far, so really just one more day till we see something.
Tiz a shame crucial x seems to have vanished. We used to get pics sometimes 48 hours early. ](*,)
Oh, do we ever miss crucial xtreme...i hope he's still around; his VERY early on pictures and info on race weekends was very well appreciated and for sure will be MISSED...
maybe he's just on holidays...and will be back SOON!!!

alogoc
alogoc

i don't think Ferrari will work around SPA --- @ScarbsF1
THE F2012!

zyphro
zyphro

alogoc wrote:i don't think Ferrari will work around SPA --- @ScarbsF1
Does he mean: Ferrari will be weak around Spa? If so, a bit of a bold prediction.

zyphro
zyphro

elFranZ wrote:If Fry said "there will be a major upgrade for Singapore", there will be a major upgrade for Singapore, not Spa, nobody talked about Spa, so rumors are just crap.

Back in topic, cold weather should be good for the F2012 on harder compounds, since the car warms up his tyres very quickly.
Singapore is more believable - most top teams have a major update for that track, to be frank.

scarbs
scarbs

zyphro wrote:
Does he mean: Ferrari will be weak around Spa? If so, a bit of a bold prediction.
alogoc took my comment out of context, I was talking on 'The Flying Lap' about predictions for the Spa GP, I said that predictions are only possible with warm dry conditions, I suggested that the Ferrari wouldn't work so well in these conditions in comparison to McLaren, as I don't think its aero suits the high speed corners of Spa. which is a bit of less bold prediction.

alogoc
alogoc

scarbs wrote:
zyphro wrote:
alogoc took my comment out of context, I was talking on 'The Flying Lap' about predictions for the Spa GP, I said that predictions are only possible with warm dry conditions, I suggested that the Ferrari wouldn't work so well in these conditions in comparison to McLaren, as I don't think its aero suits the high speed corners of Spa. which is a bit of less bold prediction.
than you haven't seen the new aero package :D
THE F2012!

Ferrari2183
Ferrari2183

scarbs wrote:
zyphro wrote:
May I ask what you base this on? Because what you are saying is contrary to what we've witnessed thus far... The F2012 was excellent around Spain, Silverstone and the Hungaroring's sector 2.