Poll over: MSC will officially come back.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Will Michael Schumacher make a come back

Yes, with Mercedes Grand Prix 2010
48%
Yes, with Ferrari if they get a third car
2%
NO, he will stay retired.
50%

Total votes: 86

Fil

Re: Poll: Will he come back or not?

Raptor22 wrote:Whats interesting is that its taking so long to announce..

..Theres a bit of politics to be cleared. Firstly the blessing from the wife and family..

..I have a feeling that they have their eye on either Kubica or Heidfled if he is still available.
Has Schumacher had medical clearance on his neck yet?
This will be the final sticking point before an official announcement. He's made that mistake once already this year.
Actually no, the final sticking point will be spousal clearance! <insert whip-lash noise> :mrgreen:

Poor Nick is now 3rd in line for the seat.. he may just end up the replacement for Kubica at Renault, if Schumi doesn't get both clearances!
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

WhiteBlue

Some German sources think that the medical hurdle has been passed but some commercial agreements (like Shell) will run until the years end. Merc seems to be going for a full launch of livery with drivers and sponsors all lined up.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Raptor22
Raptor22

WhiteBlue wrote:http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_ ... t_id=39694

Sabine Kehm long term press speaker for Michael Schumacher and in employ by Ferrari for many years has terminated her contract with the Maranello based manufacturer. It is viewed as another hint for Michael Schumacher's come back with Mercedes GP in 2010.

ah, the wheels are now turning. Thanks for this one white blue. Sabine Kelm leaving Ferrari's employ is probably the biggest indicator of things to come.

The Shell contract is indeed another stumbling block and one of the key reasons why Schumacher has stayed on as advisor at Ferrari. Shell's entire fuels marketing platform has hinged around the Ferrari and Schumacher partnership for over 10years and when he renewed his Ferrari contract a few years ago it included a Shell marketing and promotions contract for merchandising and adverts, TV, print and radio.

Wrapping this up is probably another key hold up. I'm surprised Shell has not tried to fast track the termination of this contract since they are attempting to dump assets around the world; somewhat 15% of their refining capacity is up for sale!
I guess they must place a very high value on the partnership with Schumacher and the knock on effect of this means that nearly all global adverts will need to be changed when their advertising budget has probably been trimmed to the thickness of a ball hair. Thats quite an impact that one man has on three organisations.

Mr Alcatraz

Fil wrote:Has Schumacher had medical clearance on his neck yet?
This will be the final sticking point before an official announcement. He's made that mistake once already this year.
Actually no, the final sticking point will be spousal clearance! <insert whip-lash noise> :mrgreen:

Poor Nick is now 3rd in line for the seat.. he may just end up the replacement for Kubica at Renault, if Schumi doesn't get both clearances!
Back home in Geneva, Schumacher has bought a new Technogym to tone up his durably athletic frame.
He has also undergone tests on his neck, which his doctor Johannes Peil says have been positive

Not exactly an all clear!
Is this guy an MD or a Juris Dr :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formul ... l?ITO=1490
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

dumrick
dumrick

BBC wrote:Michael Schumacher has told Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo he is planning a comeback with Mercedes
Full article here

Giblet
Giblet

Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

WhiteBlue

Montezemolo sounds a lot like sour grapes. Evil twin brother, my ass! To me it looks like Monte terminated Michael for Kimi when his champ was loosing his typical rock bottom confidence in 2006 and got tired of racing after 15 years in the stressfull world of F1.

Some sources claim that Montezemolo knew he was to loose the prestigious position of the speaker of Confindustria, which represents the industrial employers of Italy. It must have hurt his ego to be thrown back to his role as president of Ferrari. So he started to clash a lot with Jean Todt and finally managed to remove the dream team from Ferrari.

It is quite ironic that Monte first brought Michel's career to a halt to establish his power position at Ferrari. Then in summer 2009 he introduced the idea of a come back only to have this marvelous idea scuppered by the old motor bike injury. It certainly fired Michael Schumacher up again who had enjoyed several years of smelling the roses and got bored in the process.

For months Monte tried to sell the ridiculous idea of three Ferrari cars to get Schumacher a ride but nobody in his right mind would buy that junk. Now that he aquired Alonso and Massa is fully recovered he must face the fact that all his scheming is driving the man who incorporates Ferrari's return to glory after 19 years in the wilderness into Mercs open arms.

It is rather cynical that he speaks of Michael as a traitor. This seems like a thinly veiled attempt at infuriating the Tifosi against the man who brought the power, the glory and the money back to Maranello. Sic transit gloria mundi.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Raptor22
Raptor22

Indeed, the scheming, snivelling montezemolo is at it again.

Nothing that comes out of that man's mouth should be trusted.

His latest, thinly veiled attempt at emotional blackmail deserves to be kicked into touch just as SA kicked their way to the Rugby world cup; straight through the poles.

Monte mus be feeling rather miffes at having Todt as FIA president and not really a fan, Brawn as arch rival number one, and now his star World champion is defecting to the mother land.

darn good soap opera I tell you. I trust schumacher will kick Alonso's behind into touch as well in 2010.

"Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" is a fitting metaphor

Richard
Richard

richard_leeds wrote:Schumi is with Ferrari primarily for his endorsement/PR value. Like Michael Jordon and Nike.

That's why you'll never see him race for anyone else.
I'm marinating my hat

PlatinumZealot

Maybe Schumacher was behaving like an angel when in Montezemolo's presence all this time. lol
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

WhiteBlue

http://willthef1journo.wordpress.com/20 ... back-test/?

Will Buxton analyses what is holding back the come back decision. It appears that it is anything but easy to find a car for the driving test. All the medical checks cannot establish that Michael will not run into problems again with his basal skull fracture. Only a driving test under realistic conditions will make sure the vision problems over bumps will not return, which prevented his return with Ferrari. Too bad that he cannot drive one of his F1 Ferraris that certainly will populate his huge underground garage in Switzerland.

Mr Alcatraz

IMO Mike is a much needed bonafied F1 pilot in a field that is going to be diluted by the additional teams.
If he takes the spot at Mercedes that just leaves someone else with experience to fall in line with a less prestigious ride!
If he fails it will be a footnote to a brilliant carreer.

Raptor22
Raptor22

WhiteBlue wrote:http://willthef1journo.wordpress.com/20 ... back-test/?

Will Buxton analyses what is holding back the come back decision. It appears that it is anything but easy to find a car for the driving test. All the medical checks cannot establish that Michael will not run into problems again with his basal skull fracture. Only a driving test under realistic conditions will make sure the vision problems over bumps will not return, which prevented his return with Ferrari. Too bad that he cannot drive one of his F1 Ferraris that certainly will populate his huge underground garage in Switzerland.
Well if Willi Weber had any sense he'd find an A1GP car for Schumi to train in pronto.
At least that generates similar amounts of downforce to an F1 car.\
Should be a few lying around with the series not running at the moment.

WhiteBlue

MSC is skiing with the family in France. So this will probably happen after Xmas as Zetsche already mentioned.

I wonder if he will go back to his old helmet design. All red would be kind of strange in a Merc.

Mr Alcatraz

WhiteBlue wrote:
I wonder if he will go back to his old helmet design. All red would be kind of strange in a Merc.
My money says Mike's new helmet will incorporate the German Tricolor in some iteration.
Snap!! :D