Moving F1-Staff

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Mr Brooksy

Re: Moving F1-Staff

Waz wrote:
10 Sep 2024, 20:27
Mr Brooksy wrote:
22 Aug 2024, 01:01
Wow, nice to see even more senior people coming to Williams. Seems James Vowels is doing a decent job at recruitment.
I actually wonder how involved a TP is with recruitment. They must have a say or knowledge of applicants, but there must be a level they stop at, and let the HOD decide?
When I was at Williams attending the Brazilian GP event at HQ, the general noise from the team members was that JV was the one bringing in the new recruits. At that time though Pat Fry hadn't started yet but had been announced (from memory). And there isn't a head of Aero yet? So I can't imagine the Aero signings of late are anyone other than Vowels and Fry. But happy to be proven wrong, it's just my hunch.
WilliamsF1 fan since 1989

lio007

DGP123 wrote:
24 Oct 2023, 23:43
Alpine have acquired the services of former Mercedes and Ferrari employee Eric Meignan.

Meignan will take over the day-to-day running of the power unit division
Bit of an old one, but I just googled the TD for the Renault PU. Seems to be a guy with quite some knowledge:
Over the course of his career Eric has worked at Cosworth Racing, Mecachrome and Hyten SA in various positions. In 2015 he took on the role of Chief Engineer at Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains before being promoted to Head of Department in 2017. Eric then moved to Scuderia Ferrari as Head of Department in 2020 where he remained for four years before joining Alpine Racing in 2023.

lio007

DGP123 wrote:
24 Oct 2023, 23:43
Alpine have acquired the services of former Mercedes and Ferrari employee Eric Meignan.

Meignan will take over the day-to-day running of the power unit division
Bit of an old one, but I just googled the TD for the Renault PU. Seems to be a guy with quite some knowledge:
Over the course of his career Eric has worked at Cosworth Racing, Mecachrome and Hyten SA in various positions. In 2015 he took on the role of Chief Engineer at Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains before being promoted to Head of Department in 2017. Eric then moved to Scuderia Ferrari as Head of Department in 2020 where he remained for four years before joining Alpine Racing in 2023.