Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
F1.Ru

Re: Ferrari F2012

alogoc wrote:
raymondu999 wrote: Then help the forum out and post them here? :lol:
at the time there weren't any!
Now it has and you could be prove yourself helpful even by posting like the info X2 is giving, but not by complaining :lol:
Formula One is a game.............. but not any ordinary game for me

alogoc
alogoc

astracrazy wrote:less?

is that maccas spa wing tho?
it has more flaps yes, but is looks less fluid somehow!
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

wesley123
wesley123

You have to compare it to last year. Ferrari made some large gains in this area, McLaren did not, they ran largely the same wing.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

F1.Ru

alogoc wrote:night
http://www.sutton-images.com/previews/d12ita514.jpg
day
http://www.sutton-images.com/previews/d12ita515.jpg
why is Ferrari wing so much less complex?
i don't mean just Monza spec,in general?
I think that your question has been already answered by X2 read it aloud................ there are different philosophies but as usual Gary anderson has found something to complain again about F2012.

Last edited by Steven on 08 Sep 2012, 23:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed direct reply on deleted post

hardingfv32
hardingfv32

I would take the opposite view of G Anderson and say the new Ferrari wing creates more FW down-force, not less. That the new FW wing produces a weaker vortex stream over the rest of the car.

Brian

wesley123
wesley123

Brian that wouldnt even remotely make sense at all.

First of all;
Why would you want to create more downforce on the track that requires the least df of them all?

And how could you possibly create more downforce by actually removing pieces that create downforce themselves?

What you says doesnt make any sense, in any way, and if brains were used I think you can come to the same conclusion
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

bhall
bhall

alogoc wrote:night
[F2012 front wing]
day
[MP4-27 front wing]

why is Ferrari wing so much less complex?
i don't mean just Monza spec,in general?
Simplicity is the highest form of sophistication. As such, the best cars are the ones that create efficient downforce as effortlessly as possible. If a team can design a front wing solution that is competitive without cascade wings, that team is doing a better job than those teams who can't.

Remember: all appendages, every last one of them, are in some way crutches used to support an otherwise imperfect design. The first team that somehow figures out how to legally create F1-type dowforce without using wings to do it is going to easily win every race until other teams adapt accordingly. Those races won't even be close, either.

F1.Ru

Hail22 wrote:I'm getting sick and tired of you Alogoc.
in your latest posts you have done nothing but go way off-topic, posting insulting commentary.

Last I checked this is the "Technical" thread for the F2012...not the "call everyone who is on a forum and knows technical readouts a nerd thread" I hope the mods give you a ban which you so rightfully deserve.

On Topic: I believe like another poster has stated that this FW could be a lot more beneficial for Ferrari for this weekends race, I like the package...lets see what it has to offer over the weekend :)
Though he is actually answering me, on which i don't mind (as it happens with everybody sometimes) but saying everybody in this forum is NERD is very arrogant itself. Whatever move on......

As we already seen from the previous post of X2 and me that Ferrari carries the same Spa spec FW to Monza which is obvious, but it should be much same in my thought, caz both require less overall downforce and drag.So removing df generating cascade will certainly help them in Monza. As it was the case in Spa....... :D

And another things is that F2012 was very quick in S1 and S3 in Spa where top speed dominates but relatively slower in S2, which cause the slump in the qualifying for both alonso and massa. Overall Alonso is fastest in S1 and Massa was fastest of all in S3, but Kimi gain around .8 sec in just only in S2.So now this time Ferrari should consider the effect of less overall df seriously. Still whether their strategy paid off or not is uncertain as alonso did not able to finish the race. If Ferrari had the result to compare both Alonso's nd Massa's performance they would be certain about the benefit of this design in my thought.............
Last edited by F1.Ru on 07 Sep 2012, 09:55, edited 2 times in total.

Gilles 27

I agree with you, today is more difficult to make some piece of wings more simple and at the same time efficient for the own car.
McLaren use it as one of the first the team, this complex philosophie of cascade and winglets, but at the same time the complexity of all this tiny variable on the car have, can make very difficult to make a good setup.
Ferrari try to make it "simple" but it's still a complex Wing Design if you look closer. I think Fry told it, (before summer break) they have understood the problem that the past testing FW have it (no one of the testing Fw was use it in the race!), so this could be the solution. Easy but usefull.

F1.Ru

This is for those who are complaining that Ferrari is the only teams that copies from different teams, no body else copies from Ferrari as they are not innovative and genius enough to design something unique..........

This is posted in F1technical.net....................
McLaren ditched the sidepod panel and fins but instead created a sidepod panel that extends over the side pod's upper side, creating a wing that should help keep the flow attached over the sidepod. It takes no genius to realise that this change will have its effect on the exhaust flow, and therefore also the amount of downforce that is generated at the back of the car.
Which is a copy of Sauber design and..............
the car now also features two small winglets below the mirror. This was inspired by Ferrari's design, except that Ferrari also redesigned its mirror support to act as a winglet. McLaren chose to keep this unaltered and simple add two winglets on each side of the monocoque.
A copy of Ferrari...............

Though it is OT but mentioned it just make them realize that every teams copy from one another but most of the time it is Ferrari who is blamed for copying........

Full Article............... http://www.f1technical.net/development/372

Crabbia
Crabbia

thanks for highlighting this F1.ru

it is interesting how Sauber, Mclaren and ferrari have such similar solutions in this area, and their exhaust solutions are also so similar. they seem to complement each other.

more interesing is that ferrai has not yet copied the "fin over the sidepod inlet' idea.

maybe their general shape of the sidepod is different due to their vertical heat exchangers.

my bet is you wont see sauber type fins on the ferrari because of this.
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Fernando in FP1. No noticeable differences. Yet! :))

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Good pics today in Monza

Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme on 07 Sep 2012, 12:29, edited 1 time in total.

Kiril Varbanov

"Yet" is the keyword, as mentioned by @Crucial_Xtreme. I wonder where is the special aero package for Monza, mentioned by Pat Fry -the front and the rear wing are exactly the same as on Spa.

f1316
f1316

Correct me if I'm wrong, but these two are not the same:

The one on the right seems like the new one and also appears to include some new parts coming out of the back of the engine cover and exiting behind the beam wing.

Looks to me as if the right is the Monza specific package (or part of it) being compared to the baseline, which is the one on the left.