2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
sunny1304r
sunny1304r

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Every season they find a way to f**k up their car.
It's really hard to be a Ferrari fan.

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

sunny1304r wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 13:46
It builds character :twisted:

Xyz22
Xyz22

sunny1304r wrote:
And some people said i was pessimistic :D

ing.

venkyhere wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 13:44
So where have Ferrari landed up ? Is it a case of :

tunnel heights lowered to get more DF from floor -> oh s**t, porpoising in high-speed is back -> have to increase ride height -> oh s**t we lost downforce -> we need more front and rear wings -> well, we are draggier than the other three.

Is that the right summary ?
Sounds about right, but it’s missing the “suspension not adequate” narrative that the supposed technical experts on X are pushing. I think they’ve moved on from anti-dive and are on to their next bugaboo topic, suspension stiffness without offering any logical air comprehensive explanation. Are they referring to the suspension settings—spring rates, rising rate, anti-roll settings—or the structural stiffness of the suspension components?… who knows.

It’s understandable that if the car rolls too much in a fast (high-g, high-DF) corner the clearance under outside underfloor tunnel might get closed down to a critical level but surely the team can adjust spring and anti-roll rates to mitigate this, regardless of push/pull-rod configuration or whatever the experts think is the silver bullet solution.

This sounds like fundamentally an aero issue that needs to be resolved, hopefully sooner than later.

Fer.Fan
Fer.Fan

sunny1304r wrote:
So much for ”inovative rear suspention”, car jumps like a kangaroo. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Xyz22
Xyz22

ing. wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 14:35
venkyhere wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 13:44
So where have Ferrari landed up ? Is it a case of :

tunnel heights lowered to get more DF from floor -> oh s**t, porpoising in high-speed is back -> have to increase ride height -> oh s**t we lost downforce -> we need more front and rear wings -> well, we are draggier than the other three.

Is that the right summary ?
Sounds about right, but it’s missing the “suspension not adequate” narrative that the supposed technical experts on X are pushing. I think they’ve moved on from anti-dive and are on to their next bugaboo topic, suspension stiffness without offering any logical air comprehensive explanation. Are they referring to the suspension settings—spring rates, rising rate, anti-roll settings—or the structural stiffness of the suspension components?… who knows.

It’s understandable that if the car rolls too much in a fast (high-g, high-DF) corner the clearance under outside underfloor tunnel might get closed down to a critical level but surely the team can adjust spring and anti-roll rates to mitigate this, regardless of push/pull-rod configuration or whatever the experts think is the silver bullet solution.

This sounds like fundamentally an aero issue that needs to be resolved, hopefully sooner than later.
I agree with you. When something is wrong with the car they always start talking about the suspension. It was the same for Mercedes at the start of the year.

This is 99% an aero issue. Moreover Ferrari wants to change the suspension layout in 2025 for aero reasons, because aero is the main performance driver for a F1 car.

Space-heat
Space-heat

Mclaren and Merc run low so it can be done. For the first race in Bahrain, Merc had to go back to their testing floor because the new one they bought to the first race was inducing bouncing. Maybe this is something similar.

Let Charles try something extreme, worst case they finish P7-8 and at least learn something to work through over the summer break. If this is a suspension limitation again, it is annoying as that was the touted problem last year, but they stuck, while Merc flipped to copy Mcl and RBR. Would have been better to start the year as the 4th-5th car with at least the correct starting point to improve over the year. Hopefully they can remedy the floor after the summer break but it is difficult to see where other gains are going to come to make up those 3 tenths.

Early season performance and the media on the Imola upgrade created too much hype. The constant saying everything is fine and expected is the annoying part. I wonder did they see a problem with the Imola package and hence why the Silverstone package was accelerated. With Imola (wrong RW), Monaco (outlier circuit), Canada (wet and disasterclass) it is hard to see where they got good data on that package to inform the Barcelona upgrade. Maybe the two were addressing different deficiencies, people tout seven week turnaround for upgrades so hard to see how the timeline fits...

Deliman Cristian
Deliman Cristian

Sprint race will hurt Ferrari bad this year. They are not able to setup the car in 1 practice. Hope they can find something before qualy, at least to be both in top 5

Sergej
Sergej

I am appalled by Ferrari performance; I suspected that the upgrades' gain was hyped wayyyy too much by the press (typical Ferrari), but Jeez, dropping like this was unexpected.

Vanja #66

As much as Vasseur and drivers deny that having poor form after Monavo win is not related to it, it's hard to deny it any more. Clearly things in the garage and Maranello are not as tight as they need to be any more, they've relaxed and became a bit complacent. Too many operational errors, setup errors, tactical errors to make it a coincidence. Right now, an extra pressure to deliver is kicking in and it's probably making things worse

I've said it many times, Red Bull has has taken their level to ridiculous heights and to beat them you need to take it even higher. This means every person in the team must do a better job every day and it requires motivation level that's not easy to achieve. Right now Red Bull is playing as if they are chasing McLaren and are as motivated as ever to win every point they can with Max every weekend. Perez is playing second fiddle and everyone's happy with that, the whole team is 110% on Max and they are delivering
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

organic

Motorsport.com and AMuS both claim that the engine issue in qualifying was down to driver input

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-re ... /10628906/

That was exactly my theory which I suspected yesterday after watching the footage.

Xyz22
Xyz22

So long story short Leclerc didn't see that the anti stall went on?

ScuderiaLeo

Xyz22 wrote:
29 Jun 2024, 15:32
So long story short Leclerc didn't see that the anti stall went on?
Yeah basically.

Also, they just showed the Ferrari mechanics in the garage working on the brakes and said they've been working on it since the sprint ended.

I wonder what team morale is like right now.
Last edited by ScuderiaLeo on 29 Jun 2024, 15:45, edited 2 times in total.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

We have to pray that somehow Charles finds something in the setup, but I fear it's more likely he's out in Q2.