Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
nhojekim
nhojekim

Re: Ferrari F2012

Will they be able to fix the anti roll bar failure for the race without incurring any penalties?

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

nhojekim wrote:Will they be able to fix the anti roll bar failure for the race without incurring any penalties?
Yes, they can change the part with FIA permission & under FIA supervision. This is normal and happens all the time. The part will be fixed and Ferrari will not incur any penalties.

nhojekim
nhojekim

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
nhojekim wrote:Will they be able to fix the anti roll bar failure for the race without incurring any penalties?
Yes, they can change the part with FIA permission & under FIA supervision. This is normal and happens all the time. The part will be fixed and Ferrari will not incur any penalties.

thanks.

fynrd1
fynrd1

hardingfv32 wrote:What might be the white outlined square inside the exhaust outlet area in the photo above?

Brian
You mean this? edit: sorry to big I guess? How can I resize it?

diffuser

It might means that F2012 actually gain top speed compared to their previous races, or their CL/CD ratio is now lower compared to their previous version. Now you can say that with monza specific configuration they are not fast compared to kimi or button or lewis but that is not the whole picture. Caz u have to think that may be if with their previous stat of CL/CD ratio they apply them to Monza spec then their top speed may be even lower than now.

What i personally believe and from their consecutive fastest sector 3 times from both Alonso nd Massa make me believe that they are running with a little more downforce compared to Mecca or a lot more df then Lotus. But the positive is that their ultimate pace or time is way better than their previous races. Hope to see a fantastic race in Monza and wish for podium for both Alonso and massa..............................[/quote]

I agree, their low downforce configuration really seems to rock. In Singapore we'll see if their new aero direction is paying off. I'm sure that will be a popular week on this forum.

diffuser

I think that is just a bracket to hold the exhaust in place while allowing some heat escape from underneath the engine cover.

Vanja #66

Just to be sure, Ferrari are working on a package of upgrades for Singapore and beyond? I believe I read that line mentioned by Fry, but it's not a pleasant feeling in the guts thinking they won't improve their pace to MP4-27. Not talking about this race, but of Hungary and Button's Belgium...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

fynrd1
fynrd1

Vanja #66 wrote:Just to be sure, Ferrari are working on a package of upgrades for Singapore and beyond? I believe I read that line mentioned by Fry, but it's not a pleasant feeling in the guts thinking they won't improve their pace to MP4-27. Not talking about this race, but of Hungary and Button's Belgium...
It is what they promised ..

F1.Ru

Fernando Alonso
Personally I hope it will be a good test for us because there are a lot of new things that we will bring to Singapore, so let's hope we can fight for the win.
It was told by Alonso in the FIA post-race press conference, so you all can hope for the best and starting to guess what they will bring. But as far as i know they always told to bring major updates packages for this race and beyond that. Thats why they almost remain same after the spanish gp in terms of their layout [though they change some basic things like fw, rw but not some things special was introduced at that period].

For The full article http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... 13782.html ©Formula1.com
Formula One is a game.............. but not any ordinary game for me

f1316
f1316

Am I correct in saying the Magny-Cours test is before the Singapore grand prix, and that Ferrari are attending?

Seems to me like the perfect opportunity to test upgrades for the final push towards the end of the season, and I'm surprised Red Bull and McLaren have chosen to do the, later, Abu-Dhabi one, with only two races left in the season after that.

elf341
elf341

Ferrari, Mercedes and Force India are attending Magny Cours Test, which begins tomorrow.

f1316
f1316

elf341 wrote:Ferrari, Mercedes and Force India are attending Magny Cours Test, which begins tomorrow.
Thanks elf. Seems to me like that update package will get a good testing then.

raymondu999

Maybe they feel that Yas Marina is a better test track?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

raymondu999 wrote:Maybe they feel that Yas Marina is a better test track?
It could well be. I remember going to Magny Cours once, and the track there is really smooth, much smoother than your typical F1 track. I also remember that Brundle once said the track is very susceptable to minor changes air temperate or even cloud cover.

raymondu999

Isn't it also a bit too fast and flowing for a test track? To be fair to Yas Marina - it's more in like with a lot of the Tilke tracks we have nowadays. Some flowing sections, but you can test quite a bit of kerb-hopping there and the mech grip.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法