Ferrari F2012

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

Re: Ferrari F2012

The last sector of Magny Cours is really slow and to be fast here a car have to have a great mecanical grip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CA45cr3ZlM

Hail22

Just got an email this morning from our dear friend the "informant"

He advised me that Ferrari will be testing a new chemical compound/liquid to aid engine and hydraulic cooling.

Nothing else was in the email except to enjoy the next few days of testing :/

So I guess its time for me to have a look at my old chemistry charts to see what can be created out of simple compounds to make a new cooling solution/liquid instead of radiator fluid/water.

It makes sense since we're coming up to the hotter than usual Grand Prix...hmmm

Any ideas what liquid chemical can be made for cooling without blocking the lines or being highly flammable?
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

medeni73
medeni73

Jules_Bianchi ‏@Jules_Bianchi
#F1 #MagnyCours

Is there something new to see from this photo?

aleks_ader

From Scarbs twitter...

Little aero rake behind front left tyre... That area seems to be very sensitive and crutial to provide proper rear grip (proper rear "coanda" exhaoust intergation)...

ps. Righ click to enlarge... :wink:
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

aleks_ader

"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

SAEED
SAEED

The images from the test are here:
http://f1-direct.net/2012/img/epfrance/
Credit:@ScarbsF1 via @F1Direct

Mika1
Mika1

nvm.
The boss follows me on twitter.

Coefficient
Coefficient

aleksandergreat wrote:From Scarbs twitter...

Little aero rake behind front left tyre... That area seems to be very sensitive and crutial to provide proper rear grip (proper rear "coanda" exhaoust intergation)...

I see they've added a Hamster sized conning tower to the airbox. Any ideas why? Up periscope!! :wink:
"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it".

amouzouris

in the pic scarbs tweeted...is the car under braking? cs if its not then i think they are running a bigger than usual rake! (rake as in difference between the front and rear right heights...not the rake with the pitot tubes)

aleks_ader

Coefficient wrote:

[imgx]http://www.f1-direct.net/2012/img/epfrance/039.JPG[/img]

I see they've added a Hamster sized conning tower to the airbox. Any ideas why? Up periscope!! :wink:
Very funny... Thank you for that "enlightment"... :roll: Hoever Fry and his crew still looking for optimum solution to make "blown" efect or. diffuozor more efficient ect.

I also from ferrari in shortly expet flow conditioner like mclaren or sauber...
Last edited by aleks_ader on 11 Sep 2012, 14:16, edited 1 time in total.

amouzouris

aleksandergreat wrote:
Coefficient wrote:

[imgx]http://www.f1-direct.net/2012/img/epfrance/039.JPG[/img]

Very funny... Thank you for that "enlightment"... :roll: Hoever Fry and his crew still looking for optimum solution to make "blown" efect or. diffuozor more efficient ect.

I also from ferrari in shortly expet air conditioner like mclaren or sauber...
i think you mean flow conditioner

aleks_ader

amouzouris wrote:
i think you mean flow conditioner
he he jep :D :lol: :lol:

Spankyham

Hail22 wrote:Just got an email this morning from our dear friend the "informant"

He advised me that Ferrari will be testing a new chemical compound/liquid to aid engine and hydraulic cooling.

Nothing else was in the email except to enjoy the next few days of testing :/

So I guess its time for me to have a look at my old chemistry charts to see what can be created out of simple compounds to make a new cooling solution/liquid instead of radiator fluid/water.

It makes sense since we're coming up to the hotter than usual Grand Prix...hmmm

Any ideas what liquid chemical can be made for cooling without blocking the lines or being highly flammable?
Really have no idea, but, if they were able to make a significant advance in this area then perhaps they could also look at reducing pod intakes that are heavy contributors to drag. Also, if Ferrari were able to make significant advances here it would be pretty much impossible for other teams to spot. Hope to read a few replies to the original post.
"He was the fastest driver I ever saw - faster even than Fangio"
_______________________________- Mike Hawthorn on Alberto Ascari

zyphro
zyphro

I doubt the aforementioned would bring "significant" advances.

aleks_ader

amouzouris wrote:in the pic scarbs tweeted...is the car under braking? cs if its not then i think they are running a bigger than usual rake! (rake as in difference between the front and rear right heights...not the rake with the pitot tubes)
I think this pic is taken in apex of third corner ("Estoril" corner)... So no braking but reasonbly fast corner... But still camera is quite hight and makes optical ilusion of increased rake... Even more i say that rake is nothing special quite commmon throw season... Anyway hard is to telll even we loking other pic in the pits...