2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Xyz22 wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:40
The rest of the season depends on the stuff they are bringing to Silverstone to fix the issues in the high speed corners.
Apart from suspension changes, what could they bring to help that? If the floor causes bouncing at high speeds then well...

It is likely a fully aerodynamic issue with the floor either way, so unless they get a modified floor there I don't know what hope we have

ScuderiaLeo

SoulPancake13 wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:43

Apart from suspension changes, what could they bring to help that? If the floor causes bouncing at high speeds then well...

It is likely a fully aerodynamic issue with the floor either way, so unless they get a modified floor there I don't know what hope we have
Hoping that Formu1a.uno will leak it a few days early because I don't see what can be done either. I mean they are redesigning half the car for 2025 so evidently they think most of these issues are not fixable. I guess they're just scraping to minimize the effects and the drivers will have to live with some of it for the rest of the year.

Even after this race I still don't know how good the Barcelona upgrades are lol!

Sevach
Sevach

SoulPancake13 wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:43
Xyz22 wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:40
The rest of the season depends on the stuff they are bringing to Silverstone to fix the issues in the high speed corners.

Change of style with the edge wing maybe?
In truth i don't think it's gonna be a quick fix and Silverstone is another terrible track for the current state of the car.
Hungaroring could be good.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Leclerc also added that him and Sainz had completely different setups, so there is a lot of data they can collect.

ScuderiaLeo

More from Leclerc on T1: Yeah, it completely ruined our race, I feel like it's a racing incident, but also I feel like Checo going into the first corner knows that three cars going side by side doesn't ever end well here. But there was a gap here so he went for it and he had the right to do so, it was a bit too optimistic and in my head I just found myself as a passenger because as soon as I had Checo in the inside, Oscar on the outside, I tried my best to leave a space for them but in those situations it's not possible.

Interestingly from, this interview it feels like he viewed it more as Perez's fault than Piastri's.

Leclerc on positives they can take from this weekend: No positives. I think it's good to look at the positives sometimes when you're going through a tough time but on a weekend like this, I don't find any positives. The only thing is that we used opposite setups from Carlos today, since we had the two cars in such different configurations we can learn from that, but otherwise not much.

From Vasseur, on whether they'll dial back the Barcelona upgrades: I immediately say no, because we need to be ambitious and look ahead. We need to try to develop what we have by doing a better job than this weekend, but starting from this weekend. It's true that we've made progress between Friday and Saturday morning, but it's not enough. We must continue to push so that we have both cars fighting for points. It would have been a better weekend with both cars in front; now let's focus on Silverstone. It will be a normal weekend, so we will have two sessions to develop the car. The last package brought us good points in terms of aerodynamics, we need to start from here.

SoulPancake13
SoulPancake13

Sainz said they are confident to resolve the bouncing issues, but he doesn't know when, hopefully in UK.

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

I thought Leclerc could go into the points as he did in 2021 was it?

Vanja #66

SoulPancake13 wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 18:15
Sainz said they are confident to resolve the bouncing issues, but he doesn't know when, hopefully in UK.
There are several ways to do it in 3rd year of regulation, but in every case it's a different story and probably requires aero, suspension and setup tweaks. Having 3 full FP sessions with both cars will be helpful.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

FDD
FDD

For me positive season till now.
New concept, new car, excellent start, but upgrades did not bring the expected gain, which is not a very big surprise since everything is new.
The problem with tire (not)warming and overprotecting is most probably of endemic nature so I do not expect to solve it 100%, but to learn how to completely cure for the next season.
Bouncing in fast curves limit the car most, from everything that I read and listen. Resolving that will bring huge gain, think. I hope they'll find the reason and solution in the next 2-3 races, plus refining of the set-up and smaller mods.
I'll sit and wait...

Xyz22
Xyz22

Fakepivot wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 18:30
I thought Leclerc could go into the points as he did in 2021 was it?
Different race, way less deg IIRC.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Did Leclerc have longer lasting damage? Even with a pitstop disadvantage he should have easily cleared the Haas and Alpine cars which are simply no match. Sainz finished 50 seconds ahead of the first Haas. That's two extra pitstops worth. Leclerc only had 1 extra pitstop.

yooogurt

Vanja #66 wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 17:37
yooogurt wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 16:40
But if Charles had a calmer lap in qualifying for top3, it would have been his free win.
If Ferrari didn't mess up those updates Sainz would have won anyway. If Piastri didn't hit Leclerc they would have had a different race with both cars. If Norris and Verstappen didn't crash none of this would matter...
Im wondering where we be if our upgrades worked as exepted.
FORZA FERRARI!

venkyhere
venkyhere

Let's be honest and accept the reality :
Ferrari car updates are like a pendulum swings -this way, overcorrrect an issue to push it the opposite way, then bring it back this way again, some new problems yet again, and so on.. the amplitude & freq of swings will reduce over time. But isvthere the luxury of time? Nearing ½ season already.

A classic example is the floor. Ride height and stable floor DF had settled well at end of 2023. Instead of being incremental about it, went for more raw DF inorder to match upto Redbull. And took the easy way to do it - reduce tunnel height and run low. Porpoising is back, so raise ride height (which has now negated the gains from new floor , and falling short of DF anyway. Back to square 1. So add wing(s) , at cost of drag. Back to square 0.

Of course it's a very crude and oversimplified example, but that's been the general "trend" with upgrades. Pendulum swings.

PS : it's getting increasingly painful to look at LeClercs face. Poor guy is cursed with bad luck, and tries to compensate by going harder and riskier, ends up making more and more mistakes.

yooogurt

Vasseur: "No steps backwards at Silverstone in terms of upgrades.
I say no straight away, because we have to be ambitious and look forward, we have to try to build on what we have by doing a better job. It is true that we made progress from Friday morning to Saturday morning, but that is not enough. We need to keep attacking to keep both cars fighting for points. If both cars were ahead it would be a better weekend, but now let's focus on Silverstone. It will be a normal weekend, so we will have two sessions to fine-tune the car. The last package gave us good results in terms of aerodynamics, so we have to start from there".
FORZA FERRARI!

Xyz22
Xyz22

AR3-GP wrote:
30 Jun 2024, 19:41
Did Leclerc have longer lasting damage? Even with a pitstop disadvantage he should have easily cleared the Haas and Alpine cars which are simply no match. Sainz finished 50 seconds ahead of the first Haas. That's two extra pitstops worth. Leclerc only had 1 extra pitstop.
Leclerc did 2 additional stops compared to Sainz over the entire race.
He also lost a significant amount of time behind Norris and then you need to factor in traffic in general.