2018 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, April 6-8

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
pciarro
pciarro

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF71H

Vettel165 wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 08:58
Forza Ferrari,Vettel,Kimi. I hope that the mechanic Francesco quicly recovers.
It looks like he is now OK after the surgery:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhVIb4KltMR ... e=ig_embed

NathanOlder

Re: 2018 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, April 6-8

George-Jung wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 08:32
NathanOlder wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 08:25
iotar__ wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 02:01
- You end up where you started (in the close 2nd best car) = one of the best starts :roll: . Someone who started in front is quicker and "blocks you" = bad luck I guess :roll:

- Anyway, how was Hulkenberg pushing off Magnussen clean racing? Look where and how (speed, angle) he started cutting, that's not the way to take this corner, it was no different to Hartley-Perez.
It all depends what you call "the start" for me its from the grid to the braking zone at T1. The rest is lap 1 for me.
And the start saw Lewis fly past 2 cars and have a good run at a 3rd. Having the best car means jack @@@@ at the start, come on man you should know that. The Merc doesnt launch any better than the others.
Hamilton did already loose those 2 places he gained from the launch, before T1..
He lost them in the braking zone yeah. It just depends what you call the start. The Launch ? Through T1 ? Through Sector 1 ? End of Lap 1 ?

At this rate we will be talking about how Kimi Ran his pit crew over at the start!

I know you hate Lewis, so theres no point in talking about this.

2 Bad races for Lewis and Merc, yet they had 2 podiums. Looking good if your bad races are a double podium =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NathanOlder

Starscreamer wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 09:56
marvin78 wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 09:40
As I often said before: He should have done more time in Formula 3, GP2 etc. Than he would have learned these things early enough. Could be, that he does not learn them in F1 because he get's this hype and not the right support. He is a very fast driver but with this type of racing he will always loose Championchips.

Maybe Max was to aggressive but in my opinion Hamilton doesn't give him room.
Come on, watch it again from this point on.

https://youtu.be/DIm2cqy7-AI?t=1m11s

Mid corner they are completely side by side, so Max knows exactly where Lewis is. At the point of contact Max looks to be about 50cm from the white line. Its max who didnt give room, not the other way round. Max's onboard shows the contact when his car bumps in the air, as it was wheel to wheel contact which means Lewis had a large portion of his car alongside.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

etusch

Broken leg easily visible at this race highlight

George-Jung
George-Jung

dans79 wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 09:32
George-Jung wrote:
Hamilton did already loose those 2 places he gained from the launch, before T1..
Better to loose them to caution than crash out. That's something Max still hasn't learned!
Huh? it looks like people are trying to involve Verstappen at everything..
We were talking about Lewis's launch/start, stay focussed.

marvin78
marvin78

Bringing things into perspective can help to focus.

George-Jung
George-Jung

NathanOlder wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 10:57
George-Jung wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 08:25

It all depends what you call "the start" for me its from the grid to the braking zone at T1. The rest is lap 1 for me.
He lost them in the braking zone yeah. It just depends what you call the start. The Launch ? Through T1 ? Through Sector 1 ? End of Lap 1 ?

At this rate we will be talking about how Kimi Ran his pit crew over at the start!

I know you hate Lewis, so theres no point in talking about this.

2 Bad races for Lewis and Merc, yet they had 2 podiums. Looking good if your bad races are a double podium =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Please, don't be a d*ck please.

Those are your own words; " "the start" for me its from the grid to the braking zone at T1" :roll:

So, to the braking zone at T1.. Hamilton already lost those 2 places he gained. =D>

ps.

I certainly do not hate Hamilton, I am just not his fan.
Last edited by George-Jung on 09 Apr 2018, 11:49, edited 1 time in total.

bonjon1979
bonjon1979

NathanOlder wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 11:05
Starscreamer wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 09:56
marvin78 wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 09:40
As I often said before: He should have done more time in Formula 3, GP2 etc. Than he would have learned these things early enough. Could be, that he does not learn them in F1 because he get's this hype and not the right support. He is a very fast driver but with this type of racing he will always loose Championchips.
Exactly, you also see the moment where Hamilton gives up the corner by lifting off. His car shoots backwards out of shot, Verstappen decides then to run him completely off the track. Hamilton would’ve had to turn left and head for the grass, there’s no run off there at all, stupidity by max

Maybe Max was to aggressive but in my opinion Hamilton doesn't give him room.
Come on, watch it again from this point on.

https://youtu.be/DIm2cqy7-AI?t=1m11s

Mid corner they are completely side by side, so Max knows exactly where Lewis is. At the point of contact Max looks to be about 50cm from the white line. Its max who didnt give room, not the other way round. Max's onboard shows the contact when his car bumps in the air, as it was wheel to wheel contact which means Lewis had a large portion of his car alongside.

LM10
LM10

NathanOlder wrote:

Lewis and Mercedes were fastest by far in Melbourne. I would not consider it a bad race for him. I know that you're referring to the VSC, but he just lost one place, so a podium finish was never in danger. :)
As for Bahrain, it turned out to be a bad start to the weekend since his gearbox needed to be changed. But the race itself was not bad for him - it was more like the complete opposite. After the Redbulls and Kimi retired, a podium finish was the absolute minimum to achieve. Who should have stopped him? Gasly? :)
Last edited by LM10 on 09 Apr 2018, 12:34, edited 1 time in total.

Juzh

Judging by the rate of drop off on all 1 stoppers (top 3) towards the end of race it's quite clear ferrari's SS-S-S (or even RAI SS-S-SS) strategy would be the best. Had there not been an issue with kimi's pitstop I predict an easy 1-2 for them. So yeah, 2 stop was the optimal and mercedes gamble almost payed off only because of pitlane incident.

Vettel would have easily caught and passed both mercedes drivers on much fresher softs as he had done with hamilton earlier, so there was already precedent mercedes can be overtaken (for once).

maxxer
maxxer

maxxer
maxxer

LM10 wrote:
09 Apr 2018, 11:39
NathanOlder wrote:

Lewis and Mercedes were fastest by far in Melbourne. I would not consider it a bad race for him. I know that you're referring to the VSC, but he just lost one place, so a podium finish was never in danger. :)
As for Bahrain, it turned out to be a bad start to the weekend since his gearbox needed to be changed. But the race itself was not bad for him - it was more like the complete opposite. After the Redbulls and Kimi retired, a podium finish was the absolute minimum to achieve. Who should have stopped him? Gasly? :)
Wonder if the higher air temperatures are also an issue for the Mercedes engine , intercoolers less effective maybe ?

Shrieker

I can't fathom how someone can blame Hamilton for the collision with Verstappen. Ham had no more space to the left (if you consider never used dusty/dirty kerb as space, that's on you).

The centrifugal force tends to push the cars towards the outside of the track. Ham just stood his ground and couldn't be expected to move further to the left towards out of track limits and onto a dirty kerb. While VER had more than half the track open to his right... He tried to bully Ham into submission and paid the price. Ironically, Ham had tried something similar with Nico in 2014 in more or less the same place with no collision. I guess now we know who has bigger balls between the two.
Last edited by Shrieker on 09 Apr 2018, 14:08, edited 1 time in total.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

DVB

Found this somewhere...

TR Honda crew cheering in the pitlane.

https://streamable.com/4g03b
Everybody is a Ferrari fan.

f1316
f1316

One thing I think is going slightly under the radar (perhaps rightly - not *that* spectacular) is Hulkenburg still outperforming Sainz.

Quali: only 4 hundredths up in Oz but 4 tenths up in Bahrain
Race: 7th vs. 10th in Oz; 6th vs 11th in Bahrain

It’s not always huge differences but - other than Austin where Hulk didn’t get to qualify - there’s been a clear trend that Hulk has still consistently held an advantage.

Ok, Hulk’s been in the team longer - although we’re not even talking a complete season - but seems like we’re starting to see real validation of him against someone else with whom there’s a clear benchmark (I.e. Sainz was strong against Max and Kyvatt).